Solved Basic Plugin throwing errors on server startup

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheMintyMate, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheMintyMate

I had just finished developing a basic plugin. I went to test it and the bukkit console threw a ton of errors. Below is the main class code:
    (the "------------" for the package is for viewing purposes - not in the plugin)

Code Withdrawn.

What have I done wrong? Thank-you for your help :)

2. Offline

JBoss925

I do loggers like this:
    Code:java
    1. Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Message"); //The "Message" needs to stay the same in this line.
    2. log.info("Your enable message");

Everything else looks correct to me.

3. Offline

Freelix2000

Could you show the error?

4. Offline

TheMintyMate

sure :) Gimmi a sec
    Il retrieve the latest.log and post it

Freelix2000
    Here is the log:

Log Withdrawn.

Earlier, this error was affecting the plugin. Now the plugin does load.... Im now going to test it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Offline

Deleted user

Judging from your stacktrace there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your plugin as the log clearly show your plugin loading with no problems
    If there were to be a problem with your plugin it would be most likely to throw errors either on loadup or when firing the EntityDamageByEntityEvent. There seems to be an error with an entity and/or a chunk? Try deleting your map if you can. Otherwise, try loading with no plugins?

6. Offline

TheMintyMate

Eballer48
    Hm. It is a bit strange. I lost the original log which basically said the plugin hadn't loaded (no "Spy Dagger has been Enabled!"). However now it seems fine. Thank-you for your help! :)

Thread is now Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.