"Bashcraft: The Legend of Hobo" team is seeking talented Bukkit developers!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Bashurverse, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bashurverse

[​IMG]

UPDATE: Position filled!

Hey all!

My name is Bashur and I am the creator of the new Minecraft machinima series entitled: "Bashcraft: The Legend of Hobo."

Here is a link to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bashurverse

And here is our website: http://bv.bashurverse.com/

We only have two episodes so far be we quickly sky-rocketed to popularity when both episodes were featured as a Digital Diamond on Minecraft.net. Myself and my producer Reymas are actually filmmakers in real life and we thought we'd combine our passion for film-making and our love of Minecraft into one project, and that's the result. While the first two episodes are very comedy-heavy, our plan is to continue the Legend of Hobo and expand it into an epic adventure series, with comedy throughout of course. We've already received over 20,000 subscribers in just 3 weeks and we're only going to go up from there.

So why are we here?

Well, we're in need of some very talented modders and Bukkit plug-in developers to assist us with both the creation of the series and the development of our amazing massive and amazing role-play server that will come online soon!

If you would like to apply, you must meet the following requirements:

• Experience with Java and Minecraft modding.
    • At least one functional/released Bukkit plug-in for SMP. It can be a beta but release candidates are much preferred. Also plug-ins that cater toward RP game-play are a major plus.
    • The ability to work in a mature and dedicated team environment.
    • The ability to take direction from others and collaborate well.
    • The prioritization of server needs and the needs of the series/team over individual plug-in development.
    • A basic conversational command of the English language.
    • A working microphone and a copy of Ventrilo.
    Be advised, this is NOT a mod manager position as we already have that department handled. Whomsoever is chosen will work alongside server admin to implement custom plug-ins that they've created.

Please copy and paste this form into an email with the subject in all caps: "BUKKIT DEVELOPER APPLICATION" and send it to the the following email address: [email protected]

NAME/HANDLE:

MINECRAFT ACCT NAME (if different):

LOCATION/TIME ZONE:

PORTFOLIO/WEBSITE:

YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH JAVA:

WHAT ARE THE MOST PREVALENT MODS YOU HAVE MADE?:

HOW MUCH TIME PER WEEK CAN YOU DEDICATE TO THIS PROJECT?:

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE?:

COPY OF VENTRILO?:

ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT YOURSELF THAT YOU'D LIKE US TO KNOW?:

ANY CODE SNIPPETS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?

Thanks, we look forward to your responses. Also, if you are not a modder or plugin developer but know someone who is and might be interested, feel free to refer them to us.

2. Offline

SwearWord

Copy of Email:
    Name: SwearWord
    Time: USA, EST
    Website: www.blockface.org also working on www.blockface.org/plugins/ (an alternative plugin list)
    Mods:
    Made a ton. Of the released ones are the most popular shop plugin VirtualShop. My RPG Careers has been developed privately, some outdated info on it is here (mostly filled with people begging I release it). Another popular one is my UniversalLockPick and I also actively develop Towny.

Years Experience:
    VirtualShop was the first thing I ever wrote in Java as well as my first and it was written completely without an IDE on an iPad using an app not more extensive than notepad. That was only a couple months ago but I come from a few years experience with C# which is almost identical to java syntax wise.

As for Ventrilo, I am a bit overzealous when it comes to privacy so unfortunately I will only be reachable via IRC. If this is a problem then I understand completely.

Code snippets? Nothing specifically but unlike many "plugin devs" on this site I'm proficient in class design and fully take advantage of object oriented programming.

3. Offline

OrtwinS

Ah, I already sensed someone with knowledge of filming was behind those videos.
    Also, really good strategy to popularize the name first, and then come with 'we have server as well!'.

Good luck!

4. Offline

Bashurverse

Thanks OrtwinS!

SwearWord I contacted you via email, great stuff you have there, hopefully we can work out the communication thing.

5. Offline

jaruca

I can't believe so few people have seen this page! Great work on the videos. I can't wair for episode 3! Mabye you will add some [tnt]!

P.S. How did you get the grass to sway?

-jaruca

6. Offline

RazorFlint

xD I can't help very well unless its website stuff :) but nice vids btw

7. Offline

Jacek

I can't really help out, but would like to add that I also think the videos were very good :)

Also I was a little surprised when I watched the behind the scenes and found that that was your real voice (no offence meant)

Google "minecraft GSL shader mod"

8. Offline

Bashurverse

Thanks for the feedback guys, we managed to fill the position, with not one, but three very talented and well-known modders! Thanks to all who applied!

9. Offline

pisan3

hey im a server owner and i was online on ur server just to look and it was SO laggy. than i read that the server is going to be a pay server than i said to my self.´i can say that they can use my server as the pay``
    bucuse we are making a fresh restart.//pisan3

server info:
    bukkit 24-7 might make reloads to redose the little lag there are
    we are hosting at akliz http://www.akliz.net/
    we have 1 gb memory and we can take 32 players
    we have 2 more owners danne67 and chr0ynx

facts about me:got mic im from sweden got skype ya anything else u want to know ask me on this thread for skype

if u want to use our server u can just say whish plugin u want what u want me to do im not the best at it but i know the basics
    please tell me here on this thread if u want to talk about it if not say that ur not intesed

10. Offline

sddddgjd

The server is expected to support up to 600 people (with not lag) once it launches! It costs a ton, this is why it will be pay 2 play...

11. Offline

pisan3

0.o thats big. than good luck just wanted to help :D. btw sry for asking but is it any way whitout building on the laggy server i can be builder.

12. Offline

sddddgjd

not laggy anymore,just switched hosts! it's awesome....:O

13. Offline

pisan3

are u in the bashcraft team:D

14. Offline

sddddgjd

yep!

15. Offline

pisan3

cool can i ask u some thing just add me on skype and please if i have some questions please awnser and i can come whit some ideas :D if u want. i think ur series is the funniest thing ever and i realy like how u build

like the spider web in the secund vid in the roof it looked so cool

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  16. Offline

sukosevato

Just curious, what kind of server are you guys renting that you think you can host 600 people on it?

I'm guessing its a Sandy Bridge one? with a i5 2500k / i7 2600k overclocked to 4.5-5.0 Ghz or something?

Or by 600 people you mean 4 x 150 people with chat linked up or something?

Since you're not really gonna run 600 people on anything but a highly overclocked Sandy Bridge :O

Just wondering.

17. Offline

sddddgjd

The problem isn't processing power , but RAM...and we'll have 48 gigs RAM!
    The proc is the second problem and yes,it's a sandy bridge, yes,it's an i7,will have to check the exact numbers...

18. Offline

Revelator

Just here to say... I love your "Legend of the hobo" series.

19. Offline

sukosevato

How are you gonna stick 48 GB of ram into a Sandy Bridge motherboard? They only support 32 GB of ram max. Consumer boards at least :p Dunno about the server motherboards.

http://ark.intel.com/products/52278

The fastest Xeon Sandy Bridge processor also can't use more then 32 gb :eek:

Are you guys waiting for S2011?

20. Offline

sddddgjd

I have absolutely no idea,lol...i'm good with hardware,but not THAT good...all i know about sandy bridge is that you can overclock it...right?

21. Offline

sukosevato

It depends on the Sandy Bridge Model. If you take a server CPU, a Xeon. You can't overclock it. If you take any Sandy Bridge CPU, you can't ovreclock it. Only the i5 2500k and the i7 2600k you can overclock. Because they have unlocked multipliers. Hence the 'k' behind the name. And yes they overclock beautifully. Most of them reach 4.5 Ghz on air cooling quite easily.

Any CPU you can overclock normally by raising the base clock. Except Sandy Bridge, because the base clock is also linked to a couple of other things which don't like being overclock. You can overclock the base clock at max 5-10% and then you're pushing it. Because of this intel released special models that can overclock, the before mentioned 'k' models with a unlocked multiplier.

So yea, i'm quite curious how you think you're gonna run 600 people on a server. Only real option would be waiting for Socket 2011. Which will be the high end sandy bridge. Here you'll have a quad memory controller. And quite a lot of motherboards will have 8 memory slots. So then you could put 64 GB in it. But Socket 2011 won't be here before november / december. So that's still a bit.

22. Offline

Nathan C

Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

23. Offline

sddddgjd

bashcraft.com :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.