Solved Ban list

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Kermit_23, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kermit_23

Code:. http://pastebin.com/8VJ28ZD0 (Couldn't paste it here, it just wraps it and spreads it)

Problem:
    . I can't see a way how I could make it so that if a player that has an IP from there would try to join, it gets banned

What you can do to recreate the problem:. Nothing

Possible problematic line(s):
    . No problems in the line

Error message (If any):
    . Nada

What you have tried:
    . Nothing yet.

2. Offline

I Al Istannen

3. Offline

N00BHUN73R

@Kermit_23
    What is the issue? Your code looks like it should work technically.. What does it not do or do that you don't want? Please elaborate

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Kermit_23 @N00BHUN73R
    It seems you are creating a plugin that banns player based on their IP. Bukkit already does this for you. Use the command /ban-ip to ban an IP from your server. If you want to access the banned ips, they are stored in the banned-ip.json file in the directory where the server jar is located.

5. Offline

Kermit_23

no, I want to create an Anti BOT that it will download or read the blacklist. If a player ip is there, it would get ban but I can't see a way how to make it that it downloads and reat the text file, that is my problem.
    P.S. its hard to ban ip 200-300 ip's

6. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Kermit_23
    So the reading from the webpage is your problem? Or the checking of the joined player's IP?

7. Offline

Kermit_23

reading from it and banning the player that tries to join from that ip found in the list.
    @I Al Istannen

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Kermit_23 Why not read it async every ... time and then banning the IP's? Banning needs to happen sync though.

9. Offline

Kermit_23

@timtower The read thingy I don't know how to figure it out

EDITED: FIGURED IT OUT :D it reads the content of the IP and it bans them and add them to banned-ips.json

@timtower Now another problem, it allows the banned-ip players to join, Even if they are banned-ip ;(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  10. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Kermit_23
    How do you ban them? Just adding them to the banned-ips probably won't work. What code do you use?

11. Offline

Kermit_23

12. Offline

13. Offline

Kermit_23

@timtower The problem is that I don't know regex to replace : and after : with nothing.

14. Offline

@Kermit_23 You can also just not put them in the list.

15. Offline

Kermit_23

@timtower it is hard to remove 2000 ports

16. Offline

17. Offline

Kermit_23

@timtower how should I use it? I am grabbing the ips and ports from my blacklist.txt that its hosted, I don't know how to replace them before they reach the file.

18. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Kermit_23
    "final String ip = s.nextLine();"
    There is your string. Remove the final and do the replacement like timtower said.

timtower likes this.
  19. Offline

Kermit_23

@I Al Istannen @timtower I have figured it out 3 minutes ago, anyways thank you guys for your time! I will reply if something strange happens!

@I Al Istannen @timtower Well, I have removed the ports, but the players can still join, I don't know why because all of their IP are in the banned-ips.json and I have compared the ips and they are there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  20. Offline

Kermit_23

*BUMP*
    EDIT: FIXED WITH THE BANNING NOW ANOTHER ERROR BUT IM MAKING A NEW TOPIC BECAUSE THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  21. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Kermit_23
    Well, if it really doesn't work, you can implement the banning yourself:
    Listen to the async event, so you don't need to run a async runnable. Then set the result to BANNED if they should be. Also download the List just ONCE and cache it, will increase the performance by a ton. Just check periodically for changes (like every 10 minutes or so).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.