Backup inventories

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Jocke155, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jocke155

Plugin category: Administration/Tools
    Suggested name: IventoryBackup

What i want:
    A plugin that creates a backup of the current player inventory to a file, and if the files exists replace the old backup. The name of the world the command was used in will be saved.
    I know that there are many Invbackup plugins out there, but they are outdated/and doesn't work the way i want them to.

Ideas for commands:

/backupivn
    -Creates a backup of the current inventory into a file named %player%
    -The file also tells which world the command was used in, to prevent backups from a
    creative world for example. If the file exists, it will be updated with the current
    inventory.

This file would be used to restore a "lost" inventory to a player, and the player can
    create a backup whenever they want.

/requestinv

-Creates a request to a staff to restore a lost inventory. When the admin accepts, the current inventory
    on the player will replaced with the backup one.

Other:

This plugin should work with multi worlds, and plugins that handles per-world inventories.
    I'm currently using Multiverse-inventories for per world inventories, but sometimes the inventories get bugged or wiped, so i want this for my player inventories safety.

Problems:

The player could place items in a chest and claim that the inventory got wiped.

Ideas for permissions:

inventorybackup.backup - for using the backup command
    intentorybackup.request - for creating a request

2. Offline

Cammy_the_block

This sounds quite simple. I'd be happy to create the plugin.

3. Offline

Jocke155

4. Offline

Cammy_the_block

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.