Plugin Help Backpacks for 1.7.10/1.8?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by roracle, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Backpack mods I can find require forge, and the traditional backpack mod we all love doesn't work at all in 1.7+. Anyone come across a good backpack mod that is up to date that doesn't require forge?

2. Offline

mrCookieSlime

3. Offline

roracle

I run a good server without forge, so I'm not sure where you're coming from. I should mention I've never required forge, never used it, don't care to. Most of the stuff I read about it relates to single player, and other players would have to mod their clients as well if they wanted to use said feature on server, and I already have them doing that for one plugin, so a forge based backpack is, as I originally said, not any good for me.

4. Offline

mrCookieSlime

5. Offline

roracle

mrCookieSlime

Yes! Plugins, lol. I interchange them because I've used plugins as mods, and various other games interchange them. But yes, a _plugin_ lol. Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.

@mrCookieSlime
    My server is going to be RP style, so Realistic looks fun, but at the same time, Minecraft as a game can be annoying, and adding more things like "slower speed" might upset people. B++ seems nicer, as you keep the backpacks with your person. Which have you had luck with?

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged Posts. Please dont double post. There is an Edit-Button right next to the Date.>

6. Offline

mrCookieSlime

roracle
    I dont have a Server so I never tested any of those except for Slimefun.
    All I can say is that Slimefun is working :D
    However it adds a couple more items than just Backpacks but you can disable all of them in the Items.yml

7. Offline

roracle

Do the spaces in the backpack increase or decrease? IE: can I have new players start with 9, and as they get farther, they could upgrade? BTW: B++ wiped my items on my server and put me underground. :(

8. Offline

mrCookieSlime

roracle
    I don't know about the other Plugins but in Slimefun there are different Tiers of Backpacks. But you cannot upgrade existing Backpacks. But I am working on it.

Also, make sure to tag me otherwise I might not see your Post.

9. Offline

roracle

mrCookieSlime

Apologies again, not a big forum user (though I know their basic functions lol).

That would actually work for what I was wanting in the first place. Can I set up these backpack so depending on permission group it increases? IE: 9 for starters, 18 for settlers, 27 for workers (and traders), etc? I know it may not work just like that, use your imagination :p

10. Offline

mrCookieSlime

roracle
    Well in Slimefun's Items.yml you can specify a permission for certain Items.
    So you can restrict higher Tier backpacks to only be acessible by people who have the specified permission.

11. Offline

roracle

mrCookieSlime
    Should I do a "find and replace" and put all "enabled: true" to "enabled: false" and then turn true just the backpack stuff? (ie just the Small Medium Large ones? What does the woven and gilded one do?)

12. Offline

mrCookieSlime

roracle
    You could do that, if you only want the Backpacks and no other Items.
    And Woven and Gilded Backpacks are even higher Tiers than Large.

13. Offline

roracle

mrCookieSlime

Poked around at your plugin a bit, I might integrate some of those things, actually. Very cool stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.