Automatic server back up to ftp

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Need_Not, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Need_Not

I need a plugin that can back up the server on a schedule and not cause too much lag also it will upload the back to an ftp server
    Ik back up plugins are a thing but none upload to ftp

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

Need_Not

but that's 1.12 will it work in 1.13.2

4. Offline

Outdated doesn't mean broken till proven otherwise.

5. Offline

Need_Not

Wait your the developer of the plugin XD! So I loaded it in my server but the dropbox link says invalid client id

6. Offline

You wanted FTP right? So what are you doing with the dropbox part?
    Does tell me that the dropbox part is broken though.

7. Offline

Need_Not

I was going to do ftp but then i thought maybe dropbox is easier but if i have too ill do ftp

Quick update so I did use ftp but it says it finished but I look in the folder and it did nothing
    I get this in console
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.openDataConnection(FTPClient.java:894)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._storeFileStream(FTPClient.java:688)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.__storeFileStream(FTPClient.java:679)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.storeFileStream(FTPClient.java:2007)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at nl.timdebrouwer.backuplikeme.uploaders.FTPUploader.upload(FTPUploader.java:32)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT WARN] at nl.timdebrouwer.backuplikeme.Manager$2.run(Manager.java:137)
    [Sun, 14. Jul 2019 22:47:08 EDT INFO] FTP Done uploading

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
  8. Offline

@Need_Not Time for testing on my side then, will get back to you.

@Need_Not I uploaded a new version to fix an issue with the dropbox version that I had.
    I am not getting an invalid client ID on my side.

FTP works fine for me.
    If you are having issues with it then please check if you can connect with a regular FTP client.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  9. Offline

Need_Not

I get 1 4oo error page from drop box

ik i dont have invalid ftp info because it will make a folder named backup but just wont upload anything to it
    and as the error msg says it loses connection
    i even tried a different ftp server still the same

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  10. Offline

@Need_Not On what link is the dropbox error? The one for authentication?
    And lower the upload numbers to 1024 for testing.
    If possible: make a temporary local ftp server on the same machine as the server.
    Check if the zip file is created.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  11. Offline

Need_Not

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?response_type=codelient_id=rim602sgftyk6tl

It'd the key I always get
    Also I cant make another ftp on the same server it's hosted remotely
    But I did set the delete backup to false and it making back ups

12. Offline

@Need_Not Please post a screenshot of the URL.
    And you can make a local server on your own computer, no need to port forward or anything, just to test.

13. Offline

Need_Not

https://imgur.com/L8Z77tk

14. Offline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.