Automatic Ranks

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by qrux, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

qrux

Hey, it would be awesome with a plugin that changes the rank/group of an user depending on how long he has played! For example, if a player has played 3 hours on my server, he automatically switches to the next group. This would be great against griefing; the lowest group can not build anything. If someone in that group plays in 30 minutes, they become a "trusted" member and can build!
    Thanks,
    qrux

2. Offline

Kevin

I'd like to bring this up again, but in a slightly different way.
    On my server, we're setting it up so that once a user goes through a 'course' which tells them all the rules and how to use commands, they can leave the noob area and move to the regular player spawn. Our current solution is to make the noob area into the regular spawn, and make /warp spawn the only way to get to the normal player's spawn point, but this is messy and shouldn't be that hard for users to have to do. I'd really like some sort of way for the user to be automatically moved into a new group (with permissions, hopefully) once they complete a set of commands, for example. That way, I can use SpawnControl to change the spawn location of noobs and of regular players, and they will be filtered automatically and correctly :D. Would this be too hard?

3. Offline

xeology

I will look into possibly trying to use the stats plugin to determine playtime and then they could use my plugin mukkit to request a promotion and it would automatically promote them to the next rank unless they have warnings which then would be parsed back into the request section for approval. No current time frame on this yet though however it is something I would like for myself as well.