Automatic Rail Placement When Mining

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by krlsmnk, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

krlsmnk

Plugin category: Block Placement

Minecraft version: 1.13

Suggested name: Miner's Boots

What I want: Placing a rail line while mining always requires making 2 or more trips, unless you're constantly interrupting yourself to place rails every few blocks. I'd like to reduce the chore of having to do this.

Use Case:

IF:
    1: A player is wearing Golden Boots
    AND
    2: the player has an OFFHAND Rail / Powered Rail / Activator Rail
    AND
    3: They break a block in front of them, at the foot-level (with pickaxe, shovel, hand, etc)

THEN:
    Their offhand rail will be placed at the foot level. Not on the newly-exposed block, but on the block 1 closer to the player at the same (foot) level. This will prevent having to check for air / lava/ etc, and prevents rails from being placed on top of exposed ores.

Optional:
    1: An attempt will be made to place a Powered rail from the player's inventory every 25 blocks, so that a track entered at maximum velocity will remain such throughout. An incrementing integer should work just fine. If the placement of this rail fails, a message should be displayed to the user telling them they are out of powered rails.

2: Determine if Swim-Mining will break the plugin. I'm not sure where the foot level is calculated while in the swim animation. If it's too wonky, add a condition that prevents the plugin from executing if the player is in Swim mode.

Ideas for commands: No player commands.

Ideas for permissions: I don't need them, but you can include some if you want. Perhaps OPs can disable the feature for specific players?

2. Offline

Dai_Kunai

This honestly sounds like so much fun.

I'll get to it.

EDIT: Does it use up a rail in creative mode? Also will it place a rail and use it up if there is no block under it (water or air)?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. Offline

krlsmnk

Probably shouldn't use rail in creative. Should not attempt to place, or use, rail if it cannot be placed.

4. Offline

Chr0mosom3

@krlsmnk, I'll give it a try, don't expect me to like finish it quickly since I am new but I will do my best.

Also, a quick question, can I put it on my profile and give myself the credit?

You said up above to check if the person has rail, powered rail or activator rail in their offhand, does that mean that it will just place normal rail anyways or place the specific rail in the offhand?

Btw, are you sure the version is 1.13 and not like 1.13.1 or 1.13.2? For now I will stick with 1.13.2 because 1.13 is very buggy for me.

EDIT: Finished the file, if something isn't right tell me

When the player breaks a block on the foot level in front of them it puts a block UNDER the player since it would be hard to calculate where to put it if the player is looking at it from a corner.

Download the file
    I will link the source tmr, I am having some troubles w/ github.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.