Auto world unloader

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by crunkazcanbe, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Offline

crunkazcanbe

Looking for a plugin that could automatically unload and remove world's from memory when there are no players. Looking for it to be compatible with world portals so when someone steps into the portal to go to the other world it is auto loaded back up. Anyone willing to make and keep a plugin like this updated I would be willing to donate. Also work with multiworld. Basically I'm wanting a plugin that could run the /mw load worlname command when you step into a world portal and then when everyone is gone from the world its empty unload it from the ram

2. Offline

AndyMcB1

Not sure what you mean by this... A world isn't always loaded, y'know?!

3. Offline

crunkazcanbe

Well when I have it set in multiworld to autoload off on all the world's but the main one I'm using half the ram if I have multiworld autoload set to true on all 5 world's I'm using double the ram for some reason. So I keep autoload off on 4 of the world's and do /mw load worlname when a world is needed.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

crunkazcanbe Why not ask the developer of MultiWorld to add this correctly.

5. Offline

crunkazcanbe

Anyone willing to make this .

6. Offline

firecombat4

Chunks get unloaded when people aren't in them anyway, so if a plugin (Multiworld) isn't doing that then you should take it up with them. There's no point in making another plugin when the functionality is already there.

Either that or you have a plugin/setting that's keeping chunks loaded.

7. Offline

tryy3

The world will still be loaded, but the chunks wont, multiverse keeps the chunks around spawn loaded all the time, usually around 500-600 chunks which isn't much, but you can unload them so when players walk there they load, can't remember the exact command right now!

8. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

Check my plugin AdventWorld. It has some of the features you're looking for.

9. Offline

crunkazcanbe

ThunderWaffeMC likes this.