Auto Lots (Worldedit/WorldGuard)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Haduke, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Haduke

It's been two months since I originally made this request and no one has bothered to try and make the plugin. So an admin can kindly come along and delete this.

2. Offline

Haduke

BUMP

I have tried PlotMe and it isn't exactly what I am looking for.

I would like a plugin that divides a NORMAL server world into plots/lots and players can then choose which one they want to claim. I don't want it to be a world generator that only works on a flatworld because this is going to be for a survival server.

A good example of what I am looking for is what Uncovery uses on his server. I'm not as much interested in the website integration bit of it though. I figure when a new player joins the server, they can walk around until they find the lot they want and then they can claim it either with a command, or right clicking the ground on that lot.

3. Offline

Haduke

BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

4. Offline

Haduke

BUMP!

Is this just not possible? Over 100 people have viewed this but no one has responded.

5. Offline

LCastr0

PlotMe's developer said she is going to update the plugin to work with normal worlds, just wait

Haduke likes this.
  6. Offline

Haduke

Okay, that's good to hear. Any idea when this might be done because this is the first I have heard about it. I wonder if the developer for InfinitePlots would be interested in doing the same thing.
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

7. Offline

LCastr0

She posted it on my request here, and it'll be done probably until feb, I hope

8. Offline

Haduke

I hope so too. Right now InfinitePlots is doing pretty much what I want with a few exceptions. I can get a player to claim a plot and they can decorate it to whatever biome they want which creates it over the flat plot that is already there. However, there are a few problems that I have encountered with it:

1. A player can decorate their plot more than once. Instead of just replacing what is there, it places the new biome on TOP of the existing one. So they could literally do this over and over again causing for some MAJOR issues. I wonder if there is a way to limit it to only one use per plot.

2. For some reason if I reload my plugins with the server console command, InfinitePlots stops working all together until I restart the server again.

So far I have gotten no responses from anyone regarding InfinitePlots.

9. Offline

LCastr0

On my server, InfinitePlots did the same about the reload part, so I just removed it and now we are factions only until I can get PlotMe custom generators :p

10. Offline

Haduke

I think I have InfinitePlots doing pretty much what I want now. I made it where only admins and OPs can set the biomes for plots so that will eliminate players from decorating biome on top of biome ultimately crashing the server.

What I plan to do is have a player who wishes to join our server tell us beforehand what kind of biome that they want for their plot.

I am also using GlobalShop to give players the ability to purchase items that aren't available to them on their plots. And considering that InfinitePlots isn't yet updated to support the newest biomes, this seems to be the best option at the moment.

Now I just need to get a dynmap plugin that shows what plots are available and which ones are claimed. Then the server will be pretty much ready for players to play on.

11. Offline

Haduke

BUMP

I really hope someone can get this made for me or that PlotMe gets this feature done soon.

InfinitePlots has a bug where when a player claims their plot they can place blocks on it, but they can't break any blocks so I consider it to be broken. I have sent them a ticket and am still awaiting a response.

12. Offline

Haduke

BUMP

Merry Christmas everyone!

13. Offline

Haduke

14. Offline

Haduke

BUMP

Is this possible at all?!?!? If not I will move on. It is getting quite discouraging seeing no one attempting to create this plugin for me. :(

15. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Yes it is possible. And most devs only maje what they like, and probably there isn't a dev that likes this idea

16. Offline

Haduke

17. Offline

Haduke

BUMP!!! :'(

18. Offline

Alshain01

You can do this with GriefPrevention and Real Estate, but you would have to create the plots yourself.

19. Offline

Haduke

That kind of defeats the entire purpose and need for my plugin request don't you think? I'm looking for someone with the know how to design a plugin that makes the plots (Like PlotMe or InfinitePlots does) but does it in the world that you spawn in rather than generating a new flat world.

20. Online

The developer of PlotMe is already working on that

21. Offline

Haduke

So I've heard. I just hope that it's true and that they can get it done sooner than later. I am really in need for a plugin like this for the server I am trying to set up.

Thanks for the feed back.

22. Offline

Haduke

I still haven't seen any concrete evidence that the maker of PlotMe is doing anything. So once again I am

BUMPING this thread.

23. Online

Let me summon the dev of PlotMe
    ZachBora

Haduke likes this.
  24. Offline

ZachBora

If I understand correctly you want to create a zone with plots in your main map. PlotMe isn't in the work of adding that functionnality.

What will be possible is to create plots, starting in the middle of the map, with a normally generated world. This will be possible through the custom generators.

If all you wanted was to have 1 map with flat plots plotme can already do that.

25. Offline

Haduke

Yeah, what I want is for the ability to create the plots on a normally generated world as you mentioned above. If this is what you are aiming towards, then that is EXACTLY what I want and need for my upcoming server.

A couple of other questions about your custom generators:

1. Will I still have the option to decide the size of each plot?
    2. Will I be able to set how many plots a player can have at one time?
    3. Will there be an option to reset a plot if a player is banned or goes inactive for a while?

Thanks for the response. I would be more than happy to donate to your project if the above mentioned ideas are either possible, or in the works. Thanks again!

26. Offline

ZachBora

1. Yes, on every generator it will be an option.
    2. Yes, on every generator it will be an option.
    3. This is hard on a normal world generator because if the game updates or the seed changes, resetting the plot will most-likely not fit with the rest of the environment.

27. Offline

Haduke

I wonder if there would be a way to implement World Edit to do that bit for you in the plugin. If I am thinking correctly, I believe there is an option in World Edit that allows you to define a certain area and reset or restore it to the way it was when the world was first generated. I used to do that before on my other server because it was the only way that I could get a lot back to being untouched.

Do you have any kind of ETA when your plugin will be updated and ready to do the above mentioned things? I am pretty excited about it and can't wait to test it out. Thanks again for the responses. I appreciate your hard work on this plugin.

28. Online

Haduke That regeneration isn't any different that any plugin can use. That part can generate a weird plot after a minecraft update.

29. Offline

Haduke

Okay. Well I suppose if the entire world is set up into individual plots using PlotMe, then there really is no need to reset abandoned plots anyhow. Considering that there would be an infinite amount of plots anyhow, any abandoned plots could be taken over 'as-is' by any neighboring plots. I can live with that. I hope that PlotMe can be updated soon so that I can get this server set up. My plan is to run a 24/7 server on a 16gig machine with an 8 core processor. I am real excited to get it all started. Thanks again for all of your help timtower and ZachBora

timtower likes this.
  30. Offline

Haduke

Weekly bump... still waiting on a possible ETA about PlotMe's pending update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.