[ArcadeCraft] Minecraft Confirmation for WordPress

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TobyG123, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Offline

TobyG123

On my site, it requires users to have a paid Minecraft account. However, they can put in any name they please. This plugin would do the following:

When a user registers on the site, before they are confirmed, they get a key where they must login to the Minecraft server and do a command (i.e. /confirm s342bjinhb234) before their account gets activated on WordPress.

Thank you!
    -Toby

2. Offline

Deathmarine

This would require more wordpress reconstruction then plugin construction. I started a plugin to hook in Wordpress's databases and get user information, post titles and such but kinda just stopped and forgot about it. I could make it create accounts via minecraft? But I wouldn't really start making a plugin/module for wordpress.

3. Offline

TobyG123

Deathmarine

I think that could work. Could you make it so their account name is automatically their Minecraft name?

Also, if you decide to take on this project, could you make a random number generator that generates a number every five minutes or so that goes into the command "/confirm [RANDOM NUMBER]" and can such random number be put into a MySQL database so we can display it on the registration page and it will automatically update? I can deal with putting the number on the page, however I just need it put into a SQL database.