Solved Anything wrong with this code?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by UNC00KED, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

UNC00KED

Having this problem with Scoreboards. I simply want to create a scoreboard that holds a list of the players in a world. So it updates when they join a world. Is there anything wrong with this code?

Hashmap holding scoreboards:
    Code:
    Map<String, Scoreboard> scoreboards = new HashMap<String, Scoreboard>();

This function runs onEnable:
    Code:
    void start() {

for (World world : Bukkit.getServer().getWorlds()) {

Scoreboard sb = Bukkit.getServer().getScoreboardManager().getNewScoreboard();
                Objective obj = sb.registerNewObjective(world.getName(), world.getName() + "sb");
                obj.setDisplayName(world.getName());
                obj.setDisplaySlot(DisplaySlot.SIDEBAR);
                final Score objScore1 = sb.getObjective(world.getName()).getScore("");
                objScore1.setScore(2);
                final Score objScore2 = sb.getObjective(world.getName()).getScore(ChatColor.BOLD + "Players:");
                objScore2.setScore(1);

scoreboards.put(world.getName(), sb);

}

}

Code:
    @EventHandler
    public void worldChangeEvent (PlayerChangedWorldEvent event) {

OreRunner.plugin.scoreboards.get(fromWorld).resetScores(player.getName());
            Scoreboard sb = OreRunner.plugin.scoreboards.get(toWorld);
            player.setScoreboard(sb);
            int score = OreRunner.plugin.playerScore.get(player.getName());
            final Score objScore = sb.getObjective(toWorld).getScore(player.getName());
            objScore.setScore(score);

}

To test it, I joined the sever then had another person join the server. I joined world x then I had the other player join world x. Everything worked perfectly, both players showed up on the scoreboard. Then what I did was have the other player join world y. That's when the problem occurred. Everybody's scoreboard was deleted, for lack of a better word, and all scoreboards went away.

This code looks perfectly fine to me. It's gotta be something simple I guess that I'm missing.

2. Offline

mythbusterma

@UNC00KED

Well that's because you create a scoreboard for every loaded world. Don't do that.

3. Offline

UNC00KED

How else would you suggest doing it then?

4. Offline

BreezerFly

Share one scoreboard across all worlds?

5. Offline

UNC00KED

That wouldn't work because I need a different scoreboard for each world because there will be a different amount of people in each world.

6. Offline

BreezerFly

Ah, I should have read your post. Looks fine here from my phone... Post your resetScores method please?

7. Offline

UNC00KED

Stand by... I think I may have fixed it...

Yep, it's fixed! Turned out to be another plugin that was causing the issue, a plugin that I actually made. The other plugin had one simple line of code in the PlayerChangedWorldEvent that caused all these issues:
    Code:
    player.getScoreboard().clearSlot(DisplaySlot.SIDEBAR);
    Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  8. Offline

BreezerFly

Haha xD that's why we first run plugins on clean setups!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.