Plugin Help Anyone fancy updating this plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Jamesol1, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jamesol1

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/horse-rpg
    There are very few good plugins that really enhance the use of horses in minecraft. Would someone be able to update this to 1.12? I have no idea how long that would take nor if all the features would still work in the same way. The main ones of interest are the horse skills it came with:
    • Swiftness
    • Agility
    • Vitality
    • Wrath
    The error that came up when trying to load the plugin was this...

[17:10:44 ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins\mcMMOHorses.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    uses the space-character (0x20) in its name

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Jamesol1
    We need the owner's permission in order to update the plugin and, since the owner getgoodkid was last online two years ago, I doubt we will be able to get it. I would recommend you make a Plugin Request asking someone to may a new plugin.

3. @Zombie_Striker @Jamesol1
    Actually, that plugin is licensed under the GPLv3, which means that anyone is allowed to make and distribute modified copies of the software without the author's permission, as long as you distribute the source code aswell.

Zombie_Striker and Jamesol1 like this.
  4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Jamesol1 likes this.
  5. Offline

Jamesol1

6. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Jamesol1
    Still waiting for moderator approval. Hopefully, in a couple hours, it will be up. I'll reply again when that happens.

@Jamesol1
    Turns out that since the original developer was looking for someone to update the plugin, and since BukkitDev does not like multiple pages being created for the same plugin, I was given permission to update the main page. You can now find version 4.0 on the main McMMOHorses thread.

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/horse-rpg

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
    Jamesol1 likes this.
  7. Offline

MightyOne

Mark as solved then

8. Offline

dNiym

Fwiw you should be able to open the jar file in winrar or similar, open plugin.yml and just delete the space in the plugins name. Provided it does not have anything else broken it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.