anti item duping

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by chunkaymonkay, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chunkaymonkay

Plugin category: misc

Suggested name: AntiDupe

What I want: I need a plugin that detects if there is an item with the same name and lore and removes the items just leaving one for example
    I have a sword named test with the lore of test and I make another sword named the same with the same lore it would remove one of the swords just leaving me with one this plugin would only check armor and weapons and food and when it removes the item it tell messages an op saying "playername was caught with the same item"

Ideas for commands: no commands

Ideas for permissions: message.see (shows the message of the player getting caught with the items)

When I'd like it by: as soon as possible

2. Offline

87pen

@chunkaymonkay I find this an extremely weird topic. Dungeon Realms' beta currently has the same function for certain whitelisted items. The problem with this is what if someone actually receives 2 items with the same data. They would lose their hard earned items. So if someone wants to make this I would someone giving every item obtained a legit way a UUID. And always check for multiples removing one. But, is there any current dupe glitches anyways?

3. Offline

chunkaymonkay

@87pen I'm not talking about dungeon realms I need this plugin for MY server not for dungeon realms

4. Offline

87pen

@chunkaymonkay ............... uh... I am aware you are not talking about dungeon realms... I brought it up to talk about how the anti dupe plugin would work with an example.

5. Offline

chunkaymonkay

@87pen what if instead it added a UUID to all items and if an item has the same uuid as the other remove one?

6. Offline

chunkaymonkay

7. Offline

87pen

@chunkaymonkay went over it, An interesting idea. I don't think I will try it but would be a useful tool across all updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.