Solved Another PermissionsEX problem to solve

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Foged, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Foged

2. Offline

lokpique

shouldn't it be... essentials.build.*?

It looks like you have a number of places where the period isn't there before the *.

3. Offline

Foged

It was like that on some of the plugin's forums, obviously I am bad at this :p

Need to check if this works. [No it doesn't]

Just incase you guys need the server log.
    http://pastebin.com/ZJD9Znuq

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  4. Offline

jacklin213

5. Offline

Foged

6. Offline

jacklin213

yeh thats basicly it. u dont need to put "permissions:" under each user just give them that if ur going to give him/her seperate permissions

7. Offline

Necrodoom

essentials.build.* nor essentials.build are both unneeded.

8. Offline

jacklin213

cause there is no such thing

9. Offline

Necrodoom

tech there is, but useless for PEX

10. Offline

jacklin213

11. Offline

Necrodoom

technically* its used for when there is no permission plugin, i remember.

12. Offline

lokpique

All I was doing was checking syntax... and as stated, yes essentials.build does exist.

13. Offline

Necrodoom

but doesnt have any effect on PEX, since its for when a permission plugin doesnt exist.

14. Offline

lokpique

That is only half true. Most people use ModifyWorld for this functionality... an OPTIONAL component of PEX. So it does have an effect, but most people make a choice to use a different solution.

15. Offline

Necrodoom

what the hell?
    i just told you its for when no permission plugins exist.

16. Offline

lokpique

And I just told you that is not accurate. It's for when your permissions dont include a build block function.

"Allows people to build when using permission systems which don't support build toggles."

That is straight from the essentials description of this tag. So just like I said... you are only half correct... it is not for people without a permission plugin, but rather for people using a permission plugin that does not support some kind of build toggle.

EDIT : AGAIN... PEX includes ModifyWorld... but you do not have to install it... which would mean you had PEX operating WITHOUT A BUILD TOGGLE FEATURE... might be handy to have essentials.build... even with the perms plugin.

17. Offline

Foged

Yeah...I don't need essentials.build but I just have it, and everything works now.

18. Offline

jacklin213

mark as solved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.