Alter packets from server to client

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by RawCode, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RawCode

Any way to prevent packet send, i want to make client side shops operated by server.

eg. single chest for every player, every player recieve his own data.

2. Offline

RawCode

small update:

i need to control every use (vanilla or bukkit or whatever) of
    Packet20NamedEntitySpawn

any time class is used, i need to check params and change them with plugin.

i can change Packet20NamedEntitySpawn itself, but this will lead to hurge problems with other plugins using this packet.

also i need to change chunk packet (same actions like anti-xray but change packet send to player, not chunks itself)

3. Offline

Arcalyth

What exactly are you trying to do that requires modifying packets?

Player inventories are managed by the server. I think that's what you're referring to?

4. Tracking packets that are sent is currently not possible without modding craftbukkit.
    I suggested it somewhere, but it would cause too much lag to have listeners called for every packet that is sent.

Although I could think of an implementation that would minimize that to a probably passable weight. Well, I'm not an expert in how stuff actually affects Java performance so I might be wrong with that.

5. Offline

RawCode

well i dont need listeners since i able to call my class from network manager directly, without help of plugin manager, but part of craftbukkit that deal with packets20-21 and others i need have no source and jeb- JD-gui provide me useless not working source

6. So how would you notice when packet XY is sent without modding craftbukkit.jar? The NetworkManager is native "notchian" code, you'd have to mod it to call anything from there (and that would be listeners btw).

And for packet information, use this site in combination with a decompiled minecraft_server.jar.

7. Offline

nisovin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.