Allowing players who don't meet the Vanilla requirements to place CommandBlocks

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Hoolean, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hoolean

As you may or may not be aware, in Vanilla players have to be opped and in creative to place CommandBlocks.

I was wondering what would be the best place to bypass this :)? I know I could just listen to interact and then write my own block placing code but it is not ideal :/.

Also, before anyone tells me how unsecure it would be to do such a thing, I am aware of what CommandBlocks can do but I can assure you that I will make it safe :D

2. when they implemented the command block api, I talked at the irc, and the sefused to implement a way for this to bypass vanilla requirements, alternativly, you ccan set their operator status for a short time and their gamemode to allow it on the use of sutch blocks

3. Offline

Hoolean

Great idea :D

4. Offline

fireblast709

I didn't seem to have problems placing them, deopped and in survival :confused:

Woobie likes this.
  5. Offline

RainoBoy97

fireblast709
    Placing is fine, but setting commands in them - You need to be OP and in creative to do that .

6. Offline

Hoolean

Oh right, so placing is OK! Oh that's good :D

Is the Vanilla and Creative bit client-side?

7. Offline

RainoBoy97

I think so :p

8. Offline

devilquak

MrBluebear3

If you can get the item in their hands somehow, just listen for a right-click and then place the block at that location through code and subtract the item from the ItemStack in their hand.

9. Offline

Hoolean

As I said in the top post, I know I could do it with interact but I was wondering if there was a cleaner way :)

Anyways, looks like it is actually editing the CommandBlock that is the problem D:

10. Offline

devilquak

Ahh... sorry.

11. Offline

ZachBora

Make them place a sign next to the block, what they type becomes the command in the block, remove sign.
    Would that work?

Edit: Or maybe a command that you type, and it'll apply that to the commandblock you're looking at.

12. Offline

Hoolean

Is there a Command.setCommand() D:?

13. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

14. Offline

ZachBora

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.