Plugin Request All Slabs

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by si7vder, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

si7vder

Suggested name: AllSlabs

What I want: I need to be able to use any block as a half slab. This is possible with MCEDIT however I can't stop my server, open mcedit, make 1 customslab and then start the server again.
    I would like an easy plugin that maybe places a custom slab with a command.

I am not even sure if this is possible but maybe you guys know ? (I am not using Spoutcraft).
    Also I do have WorldEdit installed if that makes it any easier for you guys ?

Ideas for commands: /slab [block] --- this will put the slab of the selected block under you.

Ideas for permissions: slab.* -- just for that command I guess

When I'd like it by: Can be anytime, this would just make it so much easier.

I'll check this forum every few hours. So if you think you can make this plugin or maybe make it but with certain conditions tell me and I'll try and answer as fast as possible.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@si7vder Try to find the block id after you put them in mcedit, what id is it then?

3. Offline

pie_flavor

@si7vder Made it, untested as of yet. Might not work because Bukkit doesn't want me changing falling sand ids, so there are some ugly hacks. Oh well.
    @timtower It's funny how they are made. They are not exactly a block, but....
    If you put a falling sand on a fence, then it breaks. But if you put the piston extension (36) on it, then drop a falling sand, it will hover there. If a fence goes on the piston extension, there is a visual glitch where it appears to hover over the upper fence instead of the lower one, creating the original desired effect. Lastly, one puts a cobblestone wall on the second fence. This will not affect it visually, but adds the half-block collision box.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  4. Online

5. Offline

si7vder

@pie_flavor
    Just see if it works or not, it would just be so much of a help to me.
    I am making a lot of custom maps and I work a lot of grassy hills and I just love to use these half slab grass blocks so you can actually walk up the hill.
    But take your time and I wouldn't know how to change falling sand ids, everytime I just use a commandblock with this command: /summon FallingSand ~ ~ ~ {Time:1,Block:"minecraft:grass"}

6. Offline

pie_flavor

7. Offline

si7vder

@pie_flavor
    Ok here is the error log, right now all it does it create a cobblestone wall 2-3 blocks under the player:

17:06:59 [INFO] HeadlessJoey issued server command: /slab 12
    17:06:59 [WARNING] java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: id
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at java.lang.Class.getField(Unknown Source)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at code.HalfSlab.onCommand(HalfSlab.java:52)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:141)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:646)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:1115)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:950)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:26)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:53)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.PacketHandleTask.run(SourceFile:13)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.z(MinecraftServer.java:696)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.DedicatedServer.z(DedicatedServer.java:316)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.y(MinecraftServer.java:634)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:537)
    17:06:59 [WARNING] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

8. Online

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

9. Offline

pie_flavor

@si7vder Yup, there's your problem. I don't do 1.8 NMS. This would work with 1.7.10 though

10. Offline

si7vder

God darn it.
    Thing is, I don't think anyone else would be able to make this for 1.8 either.
    So I just give up, can't make it myself so I'll have to keep doing it the slow way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.