Adverts (Console Advertising)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TheDragon, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Offline

TheDragon

I was wondering if there can be a easy to modify console advert system, like if you play any source games on steam some of the clans advertise their things through the message system. but i would like one for my server. if this is possible can the notepad have like one line the Delay in it (20 seconds or however long) and each line starting with #Color and then the message.

Sorry if this is confuzing im new to fourm posting.

2. Offline

PurelySatanic

I could look into doing this. Will it only advertise when the player first logs in?

3. Offline

Niemand

I would love to have a message that comes each hour and tells the player something like "Yay! We made a server-update today, now you can make hot chocolate with the milk of your cows!" or "don't forget to register on the forumz! And follow the rules!"

4. Offline

RustyDagger

Yer i need a message system for my server so i can tell them what i updated latly ect what i would like is.

so i can do this in the text file.

delay in seconds:color:message.

5. Offline

TheDragon

No i would like it to display certian messages to everyone while everyone plays like The Ventrillo server and the Google map and some other messages in the future, like a loop of them

6. I just released a early version of this plugin, check my signature.

It supports colors ;)

7. Offline

TheDragon

IT WORKS!!!! but, few bugs im getting, im using bukkit 166 ifs thats any helpful. but the delay doesnt work right have it set out ad 40 seconds but its like every 9-16 seconds At random and it wont pick up my second line in the txt file.

This is that i have in my Txt file
    40;f;Test123
    40;green;Test 455 D:
    40:blue; oh noes :<

If you wanna see it give me a message
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 6:35 AM ---
    f for the color Works fine but idk the color format

8. Offline

TheDragon