Inactive [ADMN/WEB] myBukkitAdmin v.9 Beta - Administer your Bukkit Server from the web *NEW INFO* [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DigitalTyrant, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Minecraft Server Manager - Full featured administration software for your Minecraft Server. Web Administration, Backup, Permissions, In-Game Commands and More!

Updated: 11/14/2011
    Version: v.9b [jar]
    CraftBukkit: [b1337jnks]
    Description:
    myBukkitAdmin adds the ability to view and modify your server and plugins via a website. This plugin is fast and easy to setup.​

Get updates on TWITTER!

myBukkitAdmin is still in a beta phase. Let me know if you have any issues let me know.

Installation and Usage information available at Mymchost.com
    Bukkit has requested that I stop receiving donations to allow the community to be a part of the beta, so as of today beta keys are no longer available. The cost to run this service is more than I can afford to bear on my own so if you would like to keep this service around and see v1.0 released please support this project by sending us a Donation

With the release of v.8b a file will be created called monitor.jar. This program monitors your bukkit server and restarts it if the server crashes or the /restart command is used. If you choose not to use the monitor program, you can disable the monitor by adding or changing the line within /plugins/myBukkitAdmin/config.yml to say
    Code:
    monitor: false

If you have a beta key:
    1. Goto http://www.mymchost.com/hosted/betajoin.php
    2. Create an account using your Beta key
    3. Check your e-mail for activation message
    4. Click Activation link, login using your username, password and activation code from e-mail
    5. Create a server by clicking "Add New Server"
    6. Type in Server details including a unique Privacy Key
    7. Download the latest version of myBukkitAdmin from the Account Page or Link above
    8. Install it on your server and start your server up
    9. Open config.yml in the plugins/myBukkitAdmin folder on your server
    10. Type in the Username you created to login to MyMcHost.com
    11. Type in the Privacy Key you created for this server
    12. Reload your server
    13. Win!
    If I missed anything or if these instructions didn't work for you, please let me know so I can adjust accordingly. The installation instructions @ MyMcHost.com will be undergoing some reformatting soon, hopefully this helps until then.

[​IMG]

Thanks and Enjoy!

2. Offline

DigitalTyrant

The issue at the beginning of this project was due to quick coding. This issue as well as many other security precautions have been taken since. There are even more situations that I have already identified and fixed between version .6b and .7b. I am even redesigning portions of the project to allow for security on mobile browsers and mobile apps. The fact that vulnerabilities existed in the beginning is accurate and there may be vulnerabilities that exist currently that have not been identified. I am doing what I can on the budget I have available to ensure that if there are any vulnerabilities, they will be fixed as soon as identified. I usually alternate between development and testing/redesign between each version. When I release v.7b within the next day or so, I will not work on development and concentrate on testing and ways to make the plugin run smoother, more stable, and more secure than the last version before I add features. This plugin is still in beta.

3. Offline

jennie2.5

Just make the userinputs safe, k? While not fixing it because of "budget", you are gambling with confidential userdata. Bye

4. Offline

DigitalTyrant

All of the user inputs since that post have been secured. June 17th was almost 2 months ago and the project has been changed drastically in many ways since then. I am not 'gambling' with confidential user data. There were a lot of debug messages and potential security vulnerabilities that existed in the most primitive versions of the plugin and website but have since been fixed and debug messages disabled for the most part. The budget constraints I mentioned are not implying that security measures are not being taken. I mentioned that because I cannot afford to have a third party assess the security of my products, so I am doing it personally. Thank you for your concerns, but I assure you and all other visitors or users or this plugin that I am taking the security of the personal information I collect very seriously.

5. Offline

DigitalTyrant

v.7b now available!

I will be doing a lot of "cleaning" in v.8b. There may not be too many new features added, but hoping to get things to run a lot smoother, quicker, and get some infrastructure in place to allow scaling.

Enjoy the server alerts! Let me know if you guys have any issues with them. Also, if you don't see your SMS Carrier on the list, or the one listed doesn't seem to work, I will help you test and get that resolved.

Thanks for all the continued support!!

6. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Updated and optimized the database today. Things should run a lot smoother and very quickly now. :D

7. Offline

Ryelio

Hey sorry to ask if you have already answered this. But i don't understnad, does this host our bukkit servers, if so this is amazing. Please reply anyone! And also please explain what this does. Thanks.

8. Offline

DigitalTyrant

This gives you an administration website for your bukkit server. You still have the Bukkit server on your computer.

9. Offline

Pim1234

are a restart and a start button possible?
    because now there's not really something why i would want to pay for this.

10. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Start and restart are in development. The plugin may not be suited for everyone. There are plenty of other remote control options available within and outside the Bukkit community. This plugin costs nothing, the Advanced Administration service is what I charge for

11. Offline

Deren909

I Have A Few Questions That Are BURNING. Questions To Ask Before I Do Anything:
    1. Is It REQUIRED To Have A "Beta Key" ?
    2. Can You Use Different Commands In The Website Rather Than The List Of Presets? i.e. Type who Into The Window And Have It Tell You The Online players? Or Any Other Misc. Plugin Commands. :)
    Thanks In Advance,

- Der

12. Offline

ToshNeox

1) I just donated and got the key. So apparently, the free slots have been used, so you do HAVE to donate to get a key.
    2) Not sure, as I haven't used it yet. xD

P.S. capitals not needed for every word :p .

Hey I really need to know this. I got this panel so others can use it for their servers which are rented off me. So how can I allow specific people control to just one server? If this isn't implemented then please think about it. Thanks,
    Tosh

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  13. Offline

seang96

First id like to ask if it does some type of permission importing/exporting like mcmyadmin?
    Also does it support having a console/can you read the players chat at least?
    Also does it support announcement when player logs in and ram usage?
    EDIT: just found out that the beta isnt lifetime and the liftime one costs 30 dollars. McMyAdmins around 15 US dollars so Ill go with that for now at least.

14. Offline

DigitalTyrant

There is an interface to edit permissions.
    You can read the console including player chat - some plugins hijack the chat event.
    You can receive notifications when a specific player logs in as well as when ram usage is above a defined threshold.

Currently there is no way to distinguish owners within an account. All servers are attached to the account as the owner allowing access to all servers when that account logs in.

During Beta, Beta keys are required.
    All plugin commands are available within the interface.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

seang96

How long will beta keys be supported?

16. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Version 1.0 will end the beta phase at which time a beta key will no longer be required.

17. Offline

seang96

you said no longer be required would that mean it would be free? or would you make free limited?

18. Offline

DigitalTyrant

The plugin is free. The basic functionality of the plugin is free. The advanced administration features will be available for a monthly fee.

19. Offline

ToshNeox

Thanks for replying. It would definitely be a good feature to be able to add that feature. Otherwise my users have access to all the servers xD

20. Offline

rockxz2135

Can I start my server if it goes down for some reason?

21. Offline

nabakin

I LOVE THE PLUGIN but I realized that its not in craftbukkituptodate. Can you please add it at dev.bukkit.org?

22. Offline

link2110

Whats the difference between this and MCMyAdmin?

23. Offline

PhonicUK

@link2110, McMyAdmin doesn't require bukkit (but works with it) so you can use it with a vanilla server whenever Bukkit isn't updated with it. McMyAdmin is implemented as a wrapper that you run yourself on your own server and myBukkitAdmin is a combination of a Bukkit plugin and a 3rd party website (I.e. you don't host the admin site yourself, you rely on the service being available)

24. Offline

SkyCraft

Just donated $2.00
    [email protected]

Ok, so does this not work with the latest build? 1149?

25. Offline

DigitalTyrant

This feature will be available soon but is not currently implemented.

I will look into adding this there

I only update for RB. Once a build has been promoted, I will release the update asap.

26. Offline

PRSop2000

27. Offline

comwiz27

before i go ahead i was wondering do u plan on includeing support for Bukkit RB 1185 or RB 1240 as at the moment it seems as if this is wont work on MC 1.8.1 just wondering

28. Offline

DigitalTyrant

I am working on an update atm. In my testing the current release works with 1185. I will do some further testing today and release a v.7.5 version to support 1240 if any issues are found.

29. Offline

DigitalTyrant

After testing, V.7b runs properly on 1240. If you have any issues please start a ticket @ http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mybukkitadmin/ and I will address them as they come. I am working on the v.8b update now hope to release soon but integrating a lot of new features for your administrative pleasure :-D

Added Whitelist commands and updated for RB1240. Will be concentrating updates at http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mybukkitadmin/ for upcoming versions.

30. Offline

exo[MRMC]

Be ready! I'm gonna buy this panel :)

31. Offline

Karkalosz

Please send a code to the [email protected].

Sorry the bad english i'm hungarian.

Thanks.