[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. Offline

gardara

i dont CARE how many of you people hate me for saying this. This plugin was the DEATH of minecraft multiplayer people ALWAYS use it as a popularity contest like if you didn't donate you weren't COOL or GOOD ENOUGH and to make matters worse it CORRUPTS server owners and staff all they want is for more people to donate take for example my expirence with a server i wont name at first it seems normal but then one day i said hey guys i own a server never mentioned the ip temp ban after the temp ban i found out that the owner thought i was advirtising so i shrugged it off but it wasnt just that turns out he doesnt want players playing on any other servers period he thinks it takes away buisness to him the servers not a community its a BUISNESS they dont even use the money they get to help the server most of them just use it to buy stuff for themselves we donate that hard earned money to keep the server RUNNING not so you can go A SHOPPINGSPREE but back to the story later i heard stories about the owner of the server asking players to donate and if they dont he BANHAMMERS them im not so sure if its true but i wouldnt put anything past him then he starts banning anybody even mentioning they own a server we all just kept our mouths shut i rember living in fear of him and his staff but that was my favorite server i didnt want to leave but one day i had enough and i havent enjoyed a server since. I say let our pain be gone eventually no one will play minecraft because of this damn this plugin to the farthest reaches of oblivion damn it all

3. Offline

HarryM

So you would like to export then import the same file? Could we get a scenario for the use of this?

I see what you mean, I will chat to lmc about a way of improving this for customers.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  4. Offline

davidmanassa

Hello!
    Before too much, sorry for my bad english.
    PagSeguro is the payment method most used and common in Brasil.
    Is it possible to add PagSeguro at the payment methods?

pagseguro.uol.com.br

5. Offline

HarryM

We already support this gateway through our Paymentwall option.

6. Offline

ReKonsider

Just curious, but how is the new 1.7.10 enforced EULA going to affect you and your plugin?
    Not that the EULA hasn't been like this before (meaning it's against the law to earn money from Minecraft) but come server version 1.7.10 you will no longer be able to run a Minecraft server without accepting the EULA and your plugin directly violates this new force-acceptance on the EULA. Are you prepared to face possible legal charges from Mojang and possible any of the servers currently running your plugin? What do you plan on doing with the development of this plugin?

7. Offline

Iroh

First of all it is not a new EULA, and it has not been enforced. You are confusing a leaked conversation by a lower level mojang employee and anything official.

8. Offline

ReKonsider

I didn't say it was a new EULA, I specifically said "Not that the EULA hasn't been like this before" which was a direct reference that they didn't change it. Also, it has been enforced. If you look at the command prompt for launching the 1.7.10 server snapshots, it says exactly this:
    Code:
    $ java -jar minecraftserver.1.7.10-pre2.jar
    [13:11:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10-pre2
    [13:11:37] [Server thread/WARN]: To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft
    [13:11:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
    [13:11:37] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to load eula.txt
    [13:11:37] [Server thread/INFO]: You need to agree to the EULA in order to run the server. Go to eula.txt for more info.
    [13:11:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
    $ cat eula.txt
    By changing the setting below to TRUE you are indicating your agreement to our EULA (https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula).
    eula=false
    It is a NEW enforcement of the OLD EULA and I'm curious what Buycraft is going to do about it.

9. Offline

Iroh

If they added a message like that it is just to cover themselves legally later, a new startup message != to enforcement.

10. Offline

Tsugaga

Is there any way to limit the amount of coupons used at checkout, or set a coupon to not allow other coupons to be added? I want to create a few coupons each week and post the codes for all my players to see, however, since there are no limitations, 1 player could just use all of the coupons.

11. The new EULA isn't going to shut us down, or make us illegal. We're in the clear with Mojang and the upcoming EULA is looking to still allow certain things to be sold (such as cosmetic items).

12. Offline

HarryM

You can do this from the gateways settings page by setting a coupon limit.

Tsugaga likes this.
  13. Offline

griffenx

It'd be great if we could change the date format in the UI from British format (DD-MM-YYYY) to US format (MM-DD-YYYY)

14. Offline

Solistika

Suggestion:
    Add a feature that runs commands when the monthly goal is achieved.
    This way some servers can work around the EULA and if their monthly goal is reached, then a server wide, equal to all members, bonus can be applied.
    For example I'll encourage all my players to help reach a month goal of let's say $100, so that the entire server can get 20% Exp Boost.

HarryM likes this.
  15. Offline

Kainzo

Is it possible to delay the package sending when a user joins by a few hundred ticks? syncing inventory plugins might have massive issues with this. 100 ticks to fire off a package that requires the user to be online would be good.

Let me know! I'd love for this toggle.

Solistika likes this.
  16. Offline

Alexisbabee18

Everything was working fine and then out of nowhere:
    18.06 21:28:43 [Server] ERROR No response/invalid key during pending players check.
    18.06 21:28:43 [Server] ERROR JSON parsing error.

Already sent a support email with debug & report.

17. Offline

libraryaddict

Expanding on that, add the ability to change the time limit. Or remove the time limit completely.
    As well as store the names of everyone who contributed towards that goal.

Goal could also be something that can be applied alongside other packages.

18. Offline

_SNOOGLES_

FEATURE REQUEST: A great thing to have would be a way to ban a player from using buycraft via EMAIL ADDRESS. Username only blocks them using for themselves but doesnt stop them buying for other people.

19. Offline

Rockon999

Expanding on that, I suggest pools. They'd be like multiple goal modules. Players can pay money towards reaching the goal, and when it is reached it can either alert the owners or run commands. (Pools would be almost exactly like packages are now with images, descriptions, etc.)

Thyestefles likes this.
  20. Offline

EmrysK

Feature Request:

This should be fairly easy. Can you add a global command option that runs when a donation goal has been reached? Perhaps incrementally by percentage? So the command could run at 50%, or 75% or 100%? And perhaps have a way for a command to run when the first expires (say X number of days later?)

That would help immensely with unlocking game features for short periods of time as a reward to players for donating, and would help with complying with new EULA rules.

Thyestefles likes this.
  21. Offline

SnowPatch

Feature Request:

Could you possibly add the possibility to notify a url upon purchase, containing purchase information?
    Or could you at least add the option to execute a php command which puts purchase information into a mysql database?

I really need this, so i can make a "purchase history" page for my players :)

22. Offline

dukesmart

Please add HTTPS support for your websites (preferably by default), I feel that this is essential in any webstore.

Also, please add a widget tool so I can display recent purchases on my own website.

23. Hello,

Here is an idea I have for buycraft.
    Normally, when someone "donates" to the server, only the donator can recieve the items or perks. What if you could decide who, or all players, that get the perks or items?

Say there is a minecraft server that is exclusive to youtubers only. Only the youtubers who have been granted access to the server can play on the server. If sally, a subscriber of the youtuber who plays on the server, wants to donate $5 to the server so (insert-youtuber-name-here) could receive the items, she could do so by selecting the youtuber she wants the items to go towards.

This allows exclusive youtuber servers to be able to pay for server costs much more easily.

Is this something that can be, or already is, applied?

Thank you

24. Offline

SnowPatch

Hello MinecraftManifestTV. You can already do this by adding a variable to the package. If you make a variable called youtube_name and apply it to the package, the buyer must put in a name there. Then just send a command like this: /give {youtube_name} diamondsword 1 - And if you want to let the reciever know who gave it, you could make the server console msg him like this: /msg {youtube_name} Congratulations! {name} just sent you a diamond sword!

25. Offline

Pwninz

I love this Plugin. Recommended to all!

26. Offline

HarryM

You can do this for individual commands by clicking the edit button on them and adding a delay.

You can ban them by IP which has the same effect though I'll look into the possibility off adding email address as well.

Added this to our list of possible features! I like this idea personally though :)

We will be looking into adding something which allows this in the future.

Kainzo likes this.
  27. Offline

TopMinecraftMe

Add vote for rewards. Thanks!

28. Offline

rylinaux

Perhaps the ability to run a command when the monthly donation goal is reached and when the month ends (goal resets) would be a nice addition.

Kainzo and HarryM like this.
  29. Offline

predawnia

Is the version with UUID variable available yet?

30. Offline

HarryM

Not yet but it's on it's way!

31. Offline

colleboy2000

Man! I love this plugins since it came out until now :)
    But Can you use: paypal and paygol on a free account of buycraft?
    Just wondering because i cant afford a premium buycraft atm