[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. Offline

HerrVonWeringh

Is there a way to link buycraft to a 100% vanilla server (no bukkit)
    because if not, I would like to see that added.

maybe through mcMyadmin or something similar

3. Offline

mrcheesete0

I Just wanted to take a moment to say I highly discourage any members from paying for premium account services for this plugin. I bought a Premium Account on their old Premium Model where you pay once and you get premium for life on January 29th, 2012. The receipts from paypal for which are linked below as proof (I emailed the same exact .xps documents to BuyCraft's support email). I received one payment through their service, the email they sent me detailing such is also linked below. I actively had the plugin linked up with a server i ran for ~4-6 months following such during the early months of 2012, before no longer actively using my account. I logged into said account periodically just to look at buycraft's new features and to see if it fit what I needed for other setups where i considered taking donations in relation to minecraft. Sometime between June 2012 and July 2013, BuyCraft switched to their new (and current) Premium Model where you pay monthly for one of two tiers of additional features. I knew of this shortly after it happened, as I had logged in to the service to my old account and saw little notification boxes all over the page letting me know BuyCraft had a new premium model and tried to tell me I should buy it instead, but these same notifications all over my BuyCraft panel pages ALSO told me my account was grandfathered in. Since I wasn't still actively using BuyCraft, I declined to upgrade to the new system, because I was fine with the features I was grandfathered into. I attempted to log back in once again in July of 2013, to find my login details were incorrect? I accepted that maybe I had used one of my other 3-4 actively used email accounts or passwords, so i tried multiple combinations. I have one password that is relatively short I use for most online service I don't *extremely* care about the security of, that I *THINK* worked on buycraft. When that password doesn't work, up until 2011 I used another password that was greater than 10 characters, contained a random assortment of numbers, lower and upper case letters, and special characters most websites accepted. In 2011 I switched to a newer variation of the same style randomized password I use to this day. I have only ever had two website that didn't either accept the short unsecure password or the longer secured password, and that is verizonwireless. The second is all of my .gov websites I access on a normal basis. They usually require 16+ characters, at least 3 uppercase, 3 lowercase, 3 special characters, and 3 numbers, and need to be changed every ~6 months. And they track your last 10 or so passwords, to not be used again until you've had 10 newer passwords. Government is paranoid right? ;) Anyways, I tried all 4 of my email accounts I use to register at websites with, and all three of the above mentioned passwords. None worked. I figured I was still just being an idiot, and i was at fault. So I emailed [email protected] and i provided the above-mentioned three documents for them. And so begins a 2-month long back-and-forth with BuyCraft's "Support" department. What happened in this back and forth? I got told they couldn't find the login details for the account paypal said I purchased with the email paypal said I purchased it with. They couldn't find the records of the donation I received through their service that I had an email FROM THEM stating existed. They asked for my IP address stating my IP might help them find the account, and said they couldn't help me once I told them I was in the military and had moved multiple times for the military, and multiple times as a civilian before I joined the military since I signed up for their service, so I likely had more than 10 new IP addresses since I purchased. Ok so I ask for a refund, reasonable right? A refund of 3.5 GBP (~$5 and some change). I get ignored and no replies to my emails or a refund since. This was in August 2013.

So what's the point of my story? Don't give BuyCraft your money. They could accidentally delete your entire profile and not find any record of it having ever existed, and tell you thats too bad and to go away.

The emails, in case anyone is curious.
    http://pastie.org/8719758

The XPS documents o na googledrive folder of the files I sent them in my first email to try to get my account back.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz_fc95Dl4TWZWxnSVFJVUstczQ&usp=sharing

Respectfully,
    EMFN CHESTER GAVIN B
    USS GRAVELY (DDG 107)
    USN

4. This seems to be a big misunderstanding and I'm very sorry for the support that you received. We wouldn't of deliberately ignored you and It looks to be a one-off situation where an email went missing. We respond to hundreds of emails a day and do our best to provide the best support we can. The reason that we couldn't get your account back was because of the lack of proof provided on your behalf, if you can email us I'd be happy to refund your original transaction and compensate you with some free Premium.

5. Offline

HOGMCServer

It would be cool if there was a way to add how much they donated, similar to how the {name} works perhaps {amount} ??? So I could make a command that broadcasted: Thanks {name} For Donating {amount}

6. Already possible, click the "Help" button on the package commands and scroll to the bottom to find a list of available variables. :)

7. Offline

Jogib

Any ETA on when the "Add to cart" popup website integration will work again?
    I tried to send you an e-mail, but didn't receive any answer. So now i'm trying to contact you here.

8. Im not sure as to why it isnt working for you, because we haven't changed anything on our end. I can say though that we're deprecating the feature because of the way it works (It's not exactly great..) and will be releasing something better in the upcoming weeks.

9. Offline

Jogib

The problem i'm having, is that i can't get the css and js file. It just says 404 when trying.

But i guess, if you're deprecating the feature, and planning on something new/better, i'll just be waiting for that :)

10. Offline

ddotson

Don't know if this has been mentioned before in the 262 pages, but can BuyCraft please please please have different date formats in its web interface rather than the UK type?

Should be a simple enough change.

11. @lmc Hello,
    I enjoy Buycraft, and it is a great plugin. I recommend it for everyone. Buying premium is worth EVERY cent.
    I was wondering how I can make my webstore like this? I have googled it and all I have found is that if I add images, it makes the store look this it, but it hasn't for me..
    http://prntscr.com/2s8o3p

12. Offline

jorisk322

Do you mean the package images? Just edit a package and there will be an image-option on the bottom left. Make sure to enable package images in your categories though.

13. Yes! Thanks a lot!

14. Offline

Byteflux

15. Not at the moment, we've got one in the works though! Sorry for not replying to this sooner.

Byteflux and jorisk322 like this.
  16. Offline

Byteflux

No problem and thanks much for the reply! Glad to know it's on your radar.

17. Offline

chickenputty

Is there a reason why we can't look up Paypal transaction IDs with BuyCraft?

18. Offline

davidxd33

Hey lmc,

Will Buycraft ever come out with an application for xenforo to link rank purchases with xenforo?

19. Just use website integration on a new page in XenForo...

20. Offline

jorisk322

I don't know, but as it is now you should probably use an iframe.

21. You can, just select "Transaction ID" in the payment search dropdown.

22. Offline

davidxd33

I'm talking about syncing purchases from buycraft with the xenforo permission system..

23. davidxd33 Oh.. Can you even do that with any web server?

24. Offline

sawine

Hello,

Would it be possible to add payments (and statistics) sorting by Category (including their subcategories) or by Server ?

I have multiple servers on my buycraft account and I'm sharing income on some of them and the current sorting options makes it a bit hard to count all the payments to a specific server.

Thanks for considering.

Regards

25. Offline

KevinEssence

Maybe add breakers? That way instead of having different sub-categories we can just have a breaker separating sub-categories.

26. Offline

Mrchasez

Whats the Paypal IPN URL? It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. Accidentally deleted the IPN out of the paypal field and don't remember what the address was.

Thanks

27. Offline

jorisk322

The IPN URL is where Paypal sends information about all payments to an account, if I'm not mistaken. As far as I know setting it has not been required for Buycraft to function for quite a while now. Buycraft just adds a 'temporary IPN' to their pay-button.

28. Offline

user_90742440

Feature suggestions:

LOOKUP FEATURE
    - The "lookup" feature doesn't really do anything when you think about it, because assuming you have the "block players who have charged back on other buycraft stores" option checked like any smart server owner would, then any player who orders through your store and you perform a lookup on will have a 0% chargeback rate and 0 bans.
    - What "lookup" should actually do is tell you stats for the total amount that player has spent across the entire buycraft network over certain periods of time, for example over the past week and over the past month. This way if I think someone is suspicious, I can look them up and see that they've spent $2000 across all buycraft stores this past week, infer that they're using a stolen card and then block their payments.

STRIPE DISPUTES
    - I think this should be the #1 priority. Stripe has no billing address/information verification which means any 10 year old can open up tor, buy a few card numbers for 20 bucks, click on Stripe and enter all the wrong billing info and the payments will still be accepted (contrary to something like PayPal where you can choose to only accept payments from people who enter the correct billing address/information, which is usually not provided with cheap stolen card numbers).
    - This is a priority because pretty much all disputes come through Stripe, therefore not having this feature essentially renders the "block players who have charged back on other buycraft stores" option useless because it isn't blocking them at all.

RECURRING COMMANDS FOR NON-SUBSCRIPTIONS
    - It would be nice to be able to issue commands every X days for non-subscription packages. Not really a priority but would be a nice feature, ex. if someone buys a lifetime rank we can still send them bonuses occasionally.

SIGN
    - A sign that you can rig as a Buycraft sign so that clicking the sign opens up the Buycraft GUI. I know you can do this with other plugins but I think many server owners would appreciate the ease of something like this, as well as not having to install a command signs plugin just for 1 little thing.

29. Offline

Mastergalen

30. Offline

jorisk322

31. Offline

VenomNetwork

Hi guys,
    I just started using Buycraft but it is not showing ANYTHING when I try to edit and move around any categories or packages in general. It also does not show anything when I am trying to edit the general page structure.

[​IMG][​IMG]