[ADMN] Spawn List 0.10 - The Original Powerful Item Spawning Plugin [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lego6245, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

lego6245

SpawnList: Take Back Item Spawning!
    Version RC1.0 -"Where the hell have you been, SuperPerms?" edition.​

ChangeList:
    Code:
    Vrc1.0: Updated for 1.7.3! SuperPerms! New Group System! I should update more!
    V0.9.2: Fixed a second stupid.
    V0.9.1: Fixed a stupid.
    Vo.9: Fixed a few bugs. Changed how inheritance works. By the way, it works.
    Vo.8: 1.5 update. I know I've fixed that bug now!
    V0.7.3: Removed horrible inheritance. Added 1.4 items
    V0.7.2: Less annoying puke, possible allowed fix.
    V0.7.1: MOAR FIXES!!!1!!1!111!2!!!one!!
    V0.7: Added /give. Hopefully fixed a bug.
    V0.6: Changed Packages. Actually fixed things :3
    V0.5: Thought I fixed a bunch of things.
    V0.4: new onCommand format. slreload works from console. New enable/disable message.
    V0.3: Added /slreload command. Added a toggle for the warning message. Cleaned up some language.
    V0.2: Fixed spawning by number, added function to designate number of items spawned by default, changed default to 1.
    V0.1: Release
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is the return of item spawning as it once was! Take back control of your user's item spawning habits with SpawnList, the Bukkit ready version of GroupSpawnlist, readapted and ready to go! I created this plugin because as far as I could see there was no way to properly regulate item spawning in terms of what items your users could spawn. This plugin builds upon the item whitelist of hMod by adding these features:
    • Additive or Deductive spawning! (Give a list of items you either want users to spawn or NOT want users to spawn)
    • Permissions support! (Designate different spawn lists for each group!)
    • It's own /item command!
    • Reload without restart, now from console and in-game!
    • Inheritance!
    I hope that this will become your most used plugin. A few reminders in order to make this the best possible:

• You will need to disable any other /item commands that may exist in plugins like Essentials. Failure to do so might cause your users to get double the items they want.
    • You will need to configure your config.yml file according to a few rules, which I will outline.
    • Inheritance works as thusly: Parent group overrules children, but once it's true, it's done. Allow me to explain. If group A inherits groups B and C, then group A's policies will overrule groups B and C. However, if group B or C can spawn an item, then it is assumed that group A can spawn it as well. Keep this in mind.
    • There is a new system for groups with the new superperms. If you use super perms, listen up! You need to define in your config.yml file the world, then the user, then the group. Groups can also have children. See the new config file style below, and respond with any questions.
    Now, for the DL link, but first, if you like the plugin, Donate! Donators get access to my dropbox folder which contains everything I work on, including a few plugins that have never been released! Any amount is fine. Here are the links: Donate, Jar + Zip, Jar Only (Experimental)!

To configure:
    • If you are using the Permissions plugin, here are the permissions used by Spawnlist:
      • spawnlist.item - Access the /item command
      • spawnlist.canspawnanything - If the user can spawn anything they want
      • spawnlist.spawnlisted - If you want the /item command to check the spawnlist for this user dead as of RC1.0 (why did I have this to begin with?)
      • spawnlist.reload - For users to have access to the /slreload command
      • spawnlist.give - Access to the /give command
    • In the config.yml file, the format is this:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 34 #change the default spawning amount

show-warning: 1 #show warnings, 1 = yes, 0 = no
    superperms: false #change to true if you want to use superperms!
    default: #leave this no matter what
    allowed: #can be allowed or disallowed (NOT BOTH)
      - 1 #list numbers here
     children:
       #children go here (try it out for me! only needed for superperms!)
    #other groups here (LOWERCASE)

Remember, please post in this thread if the plugin works/doesn't work/makes you happy/sad/upset/laugh. I less then three feedback

Lego6245 of enigmasm.com

2. Offline

GDSkeptic

I hope lego6245 doesn't mind but I went ahead and updated Spawnlist for 1.7. I merely updated the enum to contain all the new blocks and items. Everything else remains the same and works as far as I know. I have tested against RB 953.
    download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar
    Edit: Please don't expect any support of this unofficial update from lego6245. Download at your own risk. yadda yadda.

fudodono likes this.
  3. Offline

fudodono

dl.dropbox.com is in Dr.Web malicious sites list!
    Checking: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar
    Engine version: 5.0.2.3300
    Total virus-finding records: 2305932
    File size: 20.71 KB
    File MD5: 3e58737df8688ac107797b3a9719a7a7

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar - archive ZIP
    >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar/.classpath - Ok
    >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar/.project - Ok
    >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar/com/enigmasm/spawnlist/Item.class - Ok
    >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar/com/enigmasm/spawnlist/Spawnlist.class - Ok
    >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF - Ok
    >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar/plugin.yml - Ok
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9809470/Spawnlist.jar - Ok

Virus scan. Looks clean. I'm gonna try it.
    Works great. Thanks!

4. Offline

theVanyr

Hello all,

I don't know if anyone caught my post, or cared for that matter - thanks for the endless, exhaustive, and timely support guys :eek:!

After 2 weeks of tinkering - I found a solution:

This is what I had:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 1 #change the default spawning amount
    allowed: #can be allowed or disallowed
    survivor: #leave this no matter what
    builder:
    disallowed: #can be allowed or disallowed
    this is not correct, by one indent...

it should be:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 1 #change the default spawning amount
    survivor: #leave this no matter what
    builder:
     disallowed: #can be allowed or disallowed
    Please note "allowed" is indented, making it a sub-heading of the user group "default/survivor/builder" it codes for. For some reason when I wrote it, or one of the times I copy/paste-ed, the lack of indent grandfathered in and I didn't catch it. Also note that the "- 1" is indented as well, as a sub-heading of "allowed".

Hope this helps a future user.

5. Offline

DraXxus1549

Has anyone tried this plugin with 1.7? I am having no luck with this and I am not sure what the issue is. Here is my config file,

Code:
    default-stack-size: 1
    show-warning: 0
    default:
     allowed:
    mod:
     allowed:

Here is my permission file.

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'foo.bar'
        user:
            default: false
            info:
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions: [essentials.broadcast, essentials.compass, essentials.depth, essentials.ext, essentials.getpos,
                          essentials.help, essentials.kick, essentials.list, essentials.motd, essentials.nick, essentials.rules,
                          essentials.tp, essentials.whois, mywarp.warp.*]

mod:
            info:
            inheritance:
                - User
            permissions: [essentials.ban, essentials.banip, spawnlist.spawnlisted, spawnlist.item]

admin:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

Lastly an example user.

Code:
    users:
        XXXXX:
            group: mod
            permissions:

The problem is that the mod group can spawn any item and I am not sure why.

6. Offline

Nonin

My problem is that players without cannot spawn regardless of permissions might just need an update?

7. Offline

ZachBora

Do I seriously need to lower case my groups? Every other plugin works without that, you should fix yours.

8. Offline

Garninc580

does this work with bukkit 1000

9. Offline

Garninc580

does this work with bukkit 1000

10. Offline

briankdk

i have read...and read.. and just have NO idea on how to get this to work/install it.

Of all the worst explanations on how to do things.... this mod takes the price ! Not even ONE single youtube upload to help !

11. Offline

lego6245

Oh god...
    Update incoming if not tonight, then tomorrow morning.
    I feel guilty T_T

12. Offline

jmcneely

Can't wait for your next update, don't forget to support the new superperms.

13. Offline

ClearTranquil

I can't get this to work and I REALLY need a /give with a blacklist because I have a donor group who gets access to it if they donate a certain amount of money and I don't want them to spawn EVERYTHING. I'm on Bukkit 1000 running Permissions 3.X.

My permission groups (for this purpose) is "donors" and "admins" - lower case. The donors group has permissions nodes "spawnlist.item, give, spawnlisted", the admins has the '*' node.

In your configuration I have a disallowed list - default and donors are the same items for disallowed, admins has a few disallowed such as half doors and half bed blocks.

That's my setup, here's the problem:

I'm in the admin group and also an /op (for other plugins not supporting permissions) and I can't use the /item command at all (for example '/i 1' and '/i stone' both don't work and say "You can't spawn that"), however I can use '/give'...but it doesn't restrict the items in the disallowed list.

My donors group can use /item and /give but for everything it still says "You can't spawn that".

So...any ideas? I REALLY want this plugin. It seems more what I need than OddGive, and OddGive's blacklist doesn't work for me either. Thanks.

14. Offline

Garninc580

wheres the update

15. Offline

azamy250

16. Offline

jmcneely

You should read post #277.

17. Offline

azamy250

???????????

ohh i see thanks man

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  18. Offline

lego6245

Updating in progress! God I've said that like 300 times now, But I MEAN IT THIS TIME OMG I HAVE ECLIPSE OPEN

Ladies and Gentlemen
    The premiere item spawning plugin has just been updated for your pleasure!
    Now with RC 1.0!
    Superperms!
    Most recent item spawning list!
    No loss of Permissions support due to flakey SuperPerm Bridge!
    More frequent updates!
    A donation of 1 Dollar!
    And more capitalization!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

19. Offline

25CentStudios

20. Offline

PenzRules

Hello, there's a problem with your plugin:
    Imgine a server with OPs that I want to forbid cheating items.
    As the OP-status automatically ignores the spawnlist - could you add a setting to ignore OP-status, please?
    I don't use superperms because it'S incompatible with cheating mod-items.
    The OP-status is needed by some other plugins - thats why I need the setting.
    EDIT: I just tried adding -spawnlist.canspawnanything in the standard permissions.yml (looks like: [..., essentials.kill, -spawnlist.canspawnanything] ) but that doesn't help.
    EDIT2: I see, this is more than just easy - seems, the next bukkit release will fix the problem but you should keep it in mind.
    For real, its a really nice plugin - but I wanted to limit myself as an OP and its not possible. :-D

21. Offline

np98765

Could you add the ability to have only a certain number of items spawned in a certain time? I want ops to be able to spawn items but to limit the number they can every day... Thanks!!!

22. Offline

lego6245

@25CentStudios Seems like a problem with a formatting of your config file.
    @PenzRules Okay, good thing that it will be fixed. Sorry bout that
    @np98765 That might be a good feature to add! Along with custom items, which I'm working on now.

Thanks for coming back :D

23. Offline

da_boom

hey, im trying to blacklist two items, ind i tried using ur configs to do so... but dissallowing them dosent work
    can you help?

24. Offline

jmcneely

I can't seem to get it to work correctly, its not connecting to permissions. It starts up saying no errors yet when I try /item or /slreload it tells me I don't have permission.

I am using permissionsbukkit v1.1 and also tried using superpermsbridge v1.2.

25. Offline

lego6245

@jmcneely Ensure that you've got superperms=yes in your Spawnlist config file and you're getting the notification that the program is using superperms. I'll check my code in a bit.

26. Offline

jmcneely

@lego6245 "superperms=yes" isn't in the config file but I'm adding right now. The config file inside of spawnlist.zip should probably be updated.

Edit: Confirm, working the way it should be. Thanks lego6245 for the help and for making a such a wonderful plugin. I should also learn to read more, the part I messed up on was in the op.

27. Offline

lego6245

No problem @jmcneely , you've been a vocal supporter of my plugin and it's much appreciated.
    EDIT: Future versions of the plugin will have it already put in.

Slight name change and byline change. The current version RC1.0 is technically 0.10. Also, in an attempt to get more downloads/visibility, it's a reminder that this plugin was the first true item whitelist/blacklist plugin, from the days before Hey0 even had plugin support.

But srsly :D

28. Offline

Deathnite

The iteem spawning only works at my server when i set permission to: spawnlist.canspawnanything
    without that i cant spawn anything.

This is my Permissiopns file:
    Code:
    Builder:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - spawnlist.item [it should only have this one]
            - spawnlist.canspawnanything

And this is my item spawn list:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 64
    show-warning: 0
    default:
     allowed:
    Did i do anything wrong?
    Probably... xD

29. Offline

lego6245

30. Offline

I use TooManyItems on my server for creative purposes, If I click on one of the banned items it says I can't spawn it, but when I click an allowed item it says "giving *item* to *me*" but the item doesn't appear in my inventory, on the ground, anywhere. If I just use /give it works fine. Is it possible to get a fix for this?
    Apart from this its a really good plugin, good work ;D

Actually, I just realised that the items I clicked on are in my inventory if I disconnect and reconnect, but I don't really feel like re-logging in every time I spawn cobblestone for my next castle =(

31. Offline

Magiq

is it possible to add flan's plane mod items to the allowed spawn item list? I use toomanyitems mod in multiplayer and it doesn't allow me to spawn the planes itself because it's not included in the spawn item list?