[ADMN] Spawn List 0.10 - The Original Powerful Item Spawning Plugin [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lego6245, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

lego6245

SpawnList: Take Back Item Spawning!
    Version RC1.0 -"Where the hell have you been, SuperPerms?" edition.​

ChangeList:
    Code:
    Vrc1.0: Updated for 1.7.3! SuperPerms! New Group System! I should update more!
    V0.9.2: Fixed a second stupid.
    V0.9.1: Fixed a stupid.
    Vo.9: Fixed a few bugs. Changed how inheritance works. By the way, it works.
    Vo.8: 1.5 update. I know I've fixed that bug now!
    V0.7.3: Removed horrible inheritance. Added 1.4 items
    V0.7.2: Less annoying puke, possible allowed fix.
    V0.7.1: MOAR FIXES!!!1!!1!111!2!!!one!!
    V0.7: Added /give. Hopefully fixed a bug.
    V0.6: Changed Packages. Actually fixed things :3
    V0.5: Thought I fixed a bunch of things.
    V0.4: new onCommand format. slreload works from console. New enable/disable message.
    V0.3: Added /slreload command. Added a toggle for the warning message. Cleaned up some language.
    V0.2: Fixed spawning by number, added function to designate number of items spawned by default, changed default to 1.
    V0.1: Release
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is the return of item spawning as it once was! Take back control of your user's item spawning habits with SpawnList, the Bukkit ready version of GroupSpawnlist, readapted and ready to go! I created this plugin because as far as I could see there was no way to properly regulate item spawning in terms of what items your users could spawn. This plugin builds upon the item whitelist of hMod by adding these features:
    • Additive or Deductive spawning! (Give a list of items you either want users to spawn or NOT want users to spawn)
    • Permissions support! (Designate different spawn lists for each group!)
    • It's own /item command!
    • Reload without restart, now from console and in-game!
    • Inheritance!
    I hope that this will become your most used plugin. A few reminders in order to make this the best possible:

• You will need to disable any other /item commands that may exist in plugins like Essentials. Failure to do so might cause your users to get double the items they want.
    • You will need to configure your config.yml file according to a few rules, which I will outline.
    • Inheritance works as thusly: Parent group overrules children, but once it's true, it's done. Allow me to explain. If group A inherits groups B and C, then group A's policies will overrule groups B and C. However, if group B or C can spawn an item, then it is assumed that group A can spawn it as well. Keep this in mind.
    • There is a new system for groups with the new superperms. If you use super perms, listen up! You need to define in your config.yml file the world, then the user, then the group. Groups can also have children. See the new config file style below, and respond with any questions.
    Now, for the DL link, but first, if you like the plugin, Donate! Donators get access to my dropbox folder which contains everything I work on, including a few plugins that have never been released! Any amount is fine. Here are the links: Donate, Jar + Zip, Jar Only (Experimental)!

To configure:
    • If you are using the Permissions plugin, here are the permissions used by Spawnlist:
      • spawnlist.item - Access the /item command
      • spawnlist.canspawnanything - If the user can spawn anything they want
      • spawnlist.spawnlisted - If you want the /item command to check the spawnlist for this user dead as of RC1.0 (why did I have this to begin with?)
      • spawnlist.reload - For users to have access to the /slreload command
      • spawnlist.give - Access to the /give command
    • In the config.yml file, the format is this:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 34 #change the default spawning amount

show-warning: 1 #show warnings, 1 = yes, 0 = no
    superperms: false #change to true if you want to use superperms!
    default: #leave this no matter what
    allowed: #can be allowed or disallowed (NOT BOTH)
      - 1 #list numbers here
     children:
       #children go here (try it out for me! only needed for superperms!)
    #other groups here (LOWERCASE)

Remember, please post in this thread if the plugin works/doesn't work/makes you happy/sad/upset/laugh. I less then three feedback

Lego6245 of enigmasm.com

2. Offline

shadrxninga

I was just about to request this! Thanks - I'll tell you if I find any bugs.

3. Offline

DrewHiggins

Would love to use this, but the link gives me a 404 [​IMG]

4. Offline

Mike24

The link gives me a 404 please fix :C
    --- merged: Jan 26, 2011 10:53 PM ---
    The link gives me a 404 please fix :C

5. Offline

lego6245

Oh god... So embarrassing...

It's been updated to you know, have a file attached to it.
    --- merged: Jan 27, 2011 2:31 PM ---
    Huzzah! Added to the Plugin Releases! Now all that's left is the fancy shmancy badge :3

6. Offline

DrewHiggins

It would be awesome if this plugin would support the General plugin. That way you wouldn't have complications with other plugins.

7. Offline

lego6245

All you would have to do is disable other /item commands, and just use the one provided by my plugin. The thing is, with plugins like essentials/general, I cannot jack into how they handle commands. They spawn their items, and I cannot effect if they can or not, as they complete their action before I have access to it. So, just disable theirs, and use mine for the time being.
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 2:48 AM ---
    Also, thread updated with clearer title. Keep posting your feedback/requests!

8. Offline

Jcink

Hi, thanks for the mod, but have a question.

If I do /item diamondpickaxe 1 it doesn't seem to give me only 1 item. It gives me 64. In fact, by default, if no number is specified, it's handing me 64 of any item. Is there a way to change this? Or am I doing this wrong?

I was an hMod user so this is what I was used to.

9. Offline

lego6245

I'm 95% sure that's a problem on my end, mate. I'll check my code tomorrow morning (its 11PM here) and push out V0.2 tomorrow as well. Sorry bout that. What it is doing is checking for a variable that it doesn't think exists so it's giving it a default value of 64.

10. Offline

rct2guy

So, if I want to make a whitelist, do I need to put anything on the "diasllowed" list, or can I just leave it blank and fill out the "allowed" list?

Also, where is the "config.yml" file? I installed the plugin and restarted the server, but I didn't find it anywhere.

11. Offline

lego6245

You should choose either allowed or disallowed. Not both. Either you pick what items you want spawned, or pick items that you don't want spawned. Sorry for the confusion.

You'll need to make a folder called "Spawnlist", and then make your own config.yml file. Sorry! V0.2 will be a zip with a pre configured one.

Please continue to post your thoughts and comments, and I will respond as soon as possible.
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 6:25 PM ---
    I'd like to also add that currently, be default, if no amount is specified, it defaults to 64. I've changed that in V0.2, which should be out in a hour or so. School is tough...
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 7:57 PM ---
    Updated to V0.2
    Changes Include:
    Addition of download by .zip file with premade Config.
    Fixed item spawning by amount.

12. Offline

Bac0n

when I spawn an item that I disallowed its says "You can't spawn that." but i still get the item? (also permission plugin gets errors with this [probably my fault] but i disabled permissions and this still happens!)

EDIT: sorry was /item interference..... but when i have this plugin on worldedit and worldgaurd wont work (again probably my fault) also the /item plugin i was using had damage values (coloured wool birch wood etc.....) could u add that? or allow /item from other plugins.....other that that nice plugin :D

13. Offline

lego6245

Thats why its critical to make sure that all other item commands are disabled. As for why worldedit and worldgaurd aren't working, I'd have no clue. My plugin only intercepts the /item command, and shouldn't impact anything else.
    --- merged: Jan 29, 2011 10:52 PM ---
    Try to use a colon, like wood:1. I think that should work.

14. Offline

PierreLouis

This is really useful, but one thing bugs me: each time I launch my server, i get this:
    Code:
    Remember: Spawnlist uses its own /item command.
    If you use a plugin that has its own /item command, unexpected things may result
    For your safety, please disable the /item command for all groups you want managed by Spawnlist
    Is it possible for it to do that only if there is no config yet and it has to create one, or only the first time you use it?
    And I would like to have the source :)

15. Offline

lego6245

I'll make this toggle on and off in v0.3. As for sauce, perhaps in the future.

16. Offline

PierreLouis

Ok, thanks.

17. Offline

lego6245

No problem! Getting to work updating today. Can't wait for fill.bukkit. That way I don't have to worry about thread visibility... :eek:

18. Offline

rct2guy

I'm having issues spawning items now. I'm not sure if this is an issue with this plugin or with Essentials (since they both use the "/item" command.) I turned off the ability to use Essential's /item command (with permissions) and replaced it with the one you provided (at least, that's how I figured you would avoid the conflict. Without it, you could spawn anything). Now, /give and /item don't work, and it gives me this error each time I try to spawn an item:

Code:
    Jan 31, 2011 6:46:54 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Spawnlist
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.inventory.ItemStack.<init>(IIBLjava/lang/Byte;)V
            at com.bukkit.lego6245.spawnlist.SpawnListener.giveItem(SpawnListener.java:90)
            at com.bukkit.lego6245.spawnlist.SpawnListener.onPlayerCommand(SpawnListener.java:84)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:590)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:563)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:71)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:276)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Any idea as to what I should do?

Thanks for the help, you have a great plugin that is very useful to everyone on my server!

19. Offline

chill1977

Just thinking out loud here.

You already have the node that allows a group to get any items, so the group disallow is kinda redundant.
    You are basically using this plugin to limit the items that can be spawned, so just add an items.db so the /item command gets anything and use the config just for not allowing the groups you have the node spawnlist.spanlisted to access certain things.

default-stack-size: 64
    disallowed-items: 277,278,279

easy peasy simple dimple lol
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2011 5:37 AM ---
    You have probibly updated craftbukkit to the latest version? and this needs to be updated.

20. Offline

rct2guy

Oh, ok. Yeah, I keep CraftBukkit as updated as possible, which has its pros and cons, lol.

21. Offline

lego6245

The thing is, some people want to restrict by permissions group. Some people do not want to list every item with disallowed, and prefer just to allow specific ones. The method here is flexible.

22. Offline

EvilSeph

23. Offline

lego6245

I've done everything on that list. Clear title, Build number, Type of plugin, title, version number, about, changelog, download links... In fact, I've done all of that since the start.

24. Offline

Hubbe King

nvm, I'm an idiot sometimes.

25. Offline

Linny

I'm sorry for this ^^; but I'm wondering how exactly do I use this plug in? I'm clueless on coding of any kind but I would like to be able to use this on my server.

Sorry! :)

26. Offline

lego6245

It's simple really!
    1. Check out this thread: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/faq-2-how-do-i-run-a-craftbukkit-server.462/
    2. Run bukkit for the first time. It should generate a folder called "plugins"
    3. Download my plugin (Jar + Zip) and move it to that folder
    4. Double click it to unzip it.
    5. Stop then start bukkit again. The plugin should be running!
    For more advanced configuration, follow the steps I've outlined in my main post.--- merged: Feb 4, 2011 11:42 AM ---
    Updated for V0.3
    Changes
    Added reload command (/slreload) and related permission ("spawnlist.reload")
    Added warning toggle ("show-warning:")

27. Offline

Kriss95

Hey! I'm running Craftbukit #239,with Essentials and Permissions alongside with Spawn List. I have added the - 'spawnlist.item' in the Default group in Permissions, and removed the original essentials.item. The users in Default still get a message that the command is restricted. Why? I also tried - 'spawnlist.spawnlisted', but it didn't make any difference.

Here is my .yml:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 64 #change the default spawning amount
    show-warning: 1 #show warnings, 1 = yes, 0 = no
    default: #leave this no matter what
     disallowed: #can be allowed or disallowed
     #list numbers here
    #any other groups go here, as defined in permissions
    and here is a part of the permissions-yml-file (not the whole):

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix: '&f'
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'spawnlist.item'
                - 'spawnlist.spawnlisted'
                - 'essentials.clearinventory'
                - 'essentials.spawn'

28. Offline

lego6245

So, is it just saying that "you do not have access to the command?" Hmm... Try going directly into essentials and disabling it there, not just in the permissions file.
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 4:22 AM ---
    Updated to v0.4. Changes
    New onCommand (needs most recent version of craftbukkit (build 240+)
    slreload works from console/command prompt
    New enable/disable message.

This forum post editing software sucks. Really, really sucks.

29. Offline

rct2guy

Wait, what do these new updates do? Do I have to change anything if I already have 0.3?

30. Offline

lego6245

The new update is for if you use the most recent craftbukkit. It adds the ability to use slreload from the command prompt. So, if you want that ability, go with v0.4