[ADMN/SEC] VanishNoPacket 3.14.2 - Invisibility made easy! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by mbaxter, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

2. Offline

1nd1g0

@mbaxter well what about server restarts and reloading plugins and such? I dont want to keep remembering

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Server reload is not the situation you were describing before. Please, stick to one story or get out of this thread. This is your last chance.

4. Offline

1nd1g0

@mbaxter

5. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

So you want a situation where your users see you, and then you completely disappear from the server without an announcement, right in front of them? @1nd1g0

6. Offline

1nd1g0

@mbaxter
    :/
    I am always vanished on my server. i only unvanish if i am helping someone with something and i need to be seen by them. Why do you think I use this plugin? I use it to keep watch on people without them knowing im even there.
    I dont actually play on the server I manage it.

7. Offline

Sh4d0w

hi,
    I'm the admin of my server and i join every time vanished without join-message. But I don't wanna vanish joining. The config brings no effect, so is it a bug?

8. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You have vanish.* don't you.

9. Offline

Sh4d0w

yes i know, but can you add a setting to disable this for startup as admin? At first, when the command was using

10. Offline

1nd1g0

my admins on my server had the same problem. they didnt want to join vanished.
    this is what i did (using permissionsbukkit)
    vanish.silentjoin: false
    vanish.*: true

11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

The setting to disable it at startup is to not have vanish.silentjoin. If you don't want all permissions, don't give yourself vanish.* :)

12. Offline

1nd1g0

@mbaxter
    so what about my request?

13. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I still don't follow the logic of being visible to users and then quitting without notice, but I'll probably add it to the next version.

14. Offline

1nd1g0

no not being visible. being invisible. i want to be there but not be there (to them) at the same time.

15. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Below is the only situation where you can quit while vanished after a silent join and have a quit message appear involves you being visible at some point:
    Join server
    Unvanish yourself (/vanish fakejoin, /vanish, or /reload)
    vanish
    Quit
    "PLAYER left the game."

this isn't what you described because it involves being visible at some point, so this is why I find your request odd. The following situation works fine for me in testing:

Join server vanished
    Play a bit
    Quit
    No message about quitting.

16. Offline

1nd1g0

but i dont want to do fakequit repeatedly for it

17. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Please insert a fakequit to the below list where you think it has to go in order for it to function:

Join server vanished
    Play a bit
    Quit
    No message about quitting.

Because in my testing, it was never necessary in the above list.

18. Offline

1nd1g0

it would go before quit. but it doesnt have to make sense. its just my request. because it would be necessary for me.

19. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

My point is that you don't need any fakequit, and it will work fine, no announce.

20. Offline

1nd1g0

thats not true. thats the reason i am requesting that.. people are just seeing
    that i leave the game over and over and over again.. i want to hide that.

21. I love this plugin, the people on my server doesn't however ( :<

22. Offline

1nd1g0

@mbaxter i ran into a problem. i cant tp to other vanished admins . i have the essentials thing set to true .

23. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I suspect there is an Essentials permission for letting players see and teleport to hidden players.

24. Offline

1nd1g0

there isnt.

@mbaxter and its not a permission its just saying player not found

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  25. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

essentials.teleport.hidden

Lets users of /tpo (the admin version of tp) visit hidden players.

@1nd1g0

26. Offline

1nd1g0

but why would i need nodes if i am op

27. Offline

JanTTuX

people already bypassed vanish no packet with their custom hacked clients.

28. Offline

RaesWolf

How do i make it to where admins are not set to invisible as soon as they join?

29. Offline

OneFourOne

If you use /reload it stops working until you completely restart :(
    Is there a way to fix it?

30. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

@1nd1g0 this is an Essentials problem, I can't help you with it.

You're confusing this with the older projects which have been defeated. You can't get around VanishNoPacket with a hacked client.

Don't give them vanish.silentjoin

Interesting, I may not have tested reload as fully as I could have. I'll look into this maybe this weekend. Reloads are tricky business.