Inactive [ADMN/SEC] SimpleJail 2.0.3 - Jail those nasty players [1.2.5-R4.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by imjake9, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Offline

imjake9

SimpleJail - Jail those nasty players!
    Version: 2.0.3
    Requires: PEX, PermissionsBukkit, or Vault

This plugin gives bare basic jail functionality. It allows you to set two points: the Jail point and the Unjail point. Then, when you jail a player, he/she will be teleported to the jail point and demoted to the Permissions group specified in config.yml. Unjail will re-promote the player and teleport back out of the jail, to the unjail point.

Features:
    • Super customizable
    • Use /setjail and /setunjail to easily set the two teleport locations
    • Set the group that jailed players will be demoted to in the config file
    • Players' initial groups are saved, so a normal jailed player will revert to a normal rank when unjailed, and a player with the VIP class will revert to the VIP class
    • Works with PEX, PermissionsBukkit, and Vault
    • Players in jail will respawn in jail
    • You can "tempjail" players who will be automatically unjailed after a set time
    • You can jail/unjail players even when they are offline
    Permissions Nodes:
    • simplejail.jail — Allows the use of /jail
    • simplejail.unjail — Allows the use of /unjail
    • simplejail.setjail — Allows the use of /setjail and /setunjail
    • simplejail.jailtime — Allows the use of /jailtime, which shows a players remaining tempjail time
    • simplejail.* — Allows all SimpleJail commands
    Download SimpleJail 2.0.3
    SimpleJail on GitHub

Have suggestions or problems? Want to see possible additions in the works? Check out the SimpleJail issue tracker on GitHub!

Changelog:
    Version 2.0.3:
    • Fixes the problem where users would be unjailed to the jail point.
    Version 2.0.2:
    • A purely API update, this restructures some code to allow plugins to be less active about redefining jail locations.
    Version 2.0.1
    • Now gives a more suitable error message when no permissions plugins are installed but Vault is.
    • Made /jailtime work with offline players.
    • Updated API to allow the jail and unjail methods to return information about the jail.
    • Made commands use the correct autocompleted names in messages.
    Version 2.0
    • API updated for use with SimpleJailCells.
    • Now uses Metrics for statistics logging.
    Version 1.7.11
    • Fixed bug with some new API code when restarting the server.
    Version 1.7.10
    • More offline player fixes.
    Older versions (open)

Version 1.7.9
    • Fixed NPE when dealing with offline players.
    Version 1.7.8
    • Fixed issue with saving the jail status to the jailed.yml
    Version 1.7.7
    • Added Vault support to make SimpleJail compatible with virtually every server setup
    Version 1.7.6
    • Added tons of new API hooks for future features
    • Updated for Minecraft 1.2.3
    Version 1.7.4
    • Lowercased all permissions nodes
    • Made lacks permissions messages more intuitive
    Version 1.7.3
    • Improved the messaging system
    • Added "lacks permission" messages
    Version 1.7.2:
    • Fixed PermissionsBukkit unjailing with multiple groups
    Version 1.7.1:
    • Fixed some issues with PEX
    • Fixed offline jailing/unjailing
    • Updated for MC 1.1.0
    Version 1.7:
    • Added PEX support
    • Added offline jailing/unjailing of players
    Version 1.6.1:
    • Fixed issues with the new configuration system
    Version 1.6:
    • Updated to CB 1337
    • Added multiworld support
    • Various other incomplete additions in progress
    Version 1.5
    • Removed support for Permissions 2/3
    • Added support for tempjails
    • Bug fixes
    Version 1.4.7
    • Fixed bug with non-Bukkit permissions
    Version 1.4.5-1.4.6
    • (Finally) fixed superperms support
    Version 1.4.3-1.4.4
    • Fixed initialization bug
    Version 1.4.1-1.4.2
    • Fixed bug with superperms
    Version 1.4
    • Added support for Bukkit "superperms"
    • Fixed bug where users were being duped in the Permissions config
    Version 1.3
    • Made jailed players respawn in jail
    Version 1.2
    • Fixed bug where players in implicit groups couldn't be unjailed
    Version 1.1
    • Fixed config file not saving properly
    • Fixed Permissions 3 support
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release

sglov, Habbo4Life, fawlcun and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

imjake9

I have no idea why this is happening. The user names should not be case-sensitive. I can't really help you without understanding exactly what is going on, so next time this happens, could you tell me exactly what's in the jailed.yml file? Thanks.

You didn't read the post three posts above you. This plugin changes users' Permissions group. You can revoke building privileges!

What version of Permissions are you using? Also, what does it say in the console?

3. Offline

Raqn

I am getting a error where jail works fine, but I cant unjail players.

I tried it on a guy called Crent

All I get is the following in jailed.yml

Code:
    crent:

4. Offline

imjake9

Oooh, I think I see the problem now. Gimme a little bit to update the plugin, I'll have it done soon.

Okay, sorry about all that, Jadedwolf and Raqn, everything should work now. Just download the latest version.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. Offline

Raqn

Good news: Unjailing works.

Bad news: The rank is not reset on /unjail playername. This means my mods who I don't allow access to permissions cant really unjail people. Can you make it so the rank is reverted back to the rank it was before, OR just back to default.

6. Offline

imjake9

I think I know why you're having this problem. Make sure your Permissions are all in order (make sure everyone's not Jailed), then delete the SimpleJail jailed.yml file. Basically, reset everything. This should fix that issue.

7. Offline

D4RKN355

i dont know what it is but if i try to use any command it say its an unknown command help :(

8. Offline

imjake9

9. Offline

MrKrucible

I can't use the /setunjail command even though I have all permissions. How do you fix this?

10. Offline

Flenix

Hey, had some suggestions:

Could you have a multiple jail system? We want to use more than one cell... maybe make it an area selection for a jail point so only one player can be in a cell at a time. As for sending them there, just send them to the nearest empty cell :)

Secondly, could you make it optionally command-free, using an item? so there would be two nodes:
    - SimpleJail.jail
    - SimpleJail.jailstick

The first would work with commands, for admin use. The second, you must physically hit a player with an item (Slimeball, coz its sticky?) to send them to the nearest jail.

11. Offline

EmanuxJade

can u add a jail time? So jail player for N sec, minutes, hours, days?

12. Offline

imjake9

@TheBarkingFrog
    Your request has been fulfilled. Players in jail now respawn in jail.

Some good ideas there; I think I'll look into implementing them.

Quite possible, I'll look into that as well.

13. Offline

vidhu

here is a suggestion. My server uses Multivers and therefore there are many worlds. using your plug in, i can only jail those player who are in the world where the jail is present.

you could modify it in a way which teleports the player to a world and then jail him/her there.

thanks,
    vidhu

14. Offline

winter4w

are there cells

15. Offline

echibahn

Nice plugin, very handy. One small downside I found though, the factions plugin don't have a permission for using "/f home" to teleport to their faction home. So once a user is in a faction they can just use it, even if they don't have 'factions.participate' in permissions config. Do you think you might update your plugin to block it? Works fine disabling the other teleport commands such as /home and /spawn.

16. Offline

Tauryuu

It's a simple to use plugin that does what it needs.

I wonder if it's possible to block players from typing the character "/" as the first character when it's sent before it is initiated as a command. It could replace the demote method that you use now.

17. Offline

echibahn

That would be sweet.

18. Offline

MrKrucible

for some reason when i jail people the rank doesn't go down to the set rank i made. I made a prisoner rank and added it to the config file. what is wrong?

19. Offline

TheSamAlder

19:40:26 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/SimpleJail.jar' in folder 'plugins': Permissions
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Permissions
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:194)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:362)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:281)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:296)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

... Help ?

20. Offline

Jshreder

I'm getting a strange error when I try to enable SimpleJail.

I am running cb860 now, but I get the same error on cb928.

I notice the permission error, but I have a permissions plugin (PermissionsEx), is that a problem?

Code:
    17:36:00 [INFO] [SimpleJail] ERROR: Permissions file not found.
    17:36:00 [INFO] [SimpleJail] SimpleJail v1.3 disabled.
    17:36:00 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling SimpleJail v1.3 (Is it up to dat
    e?): Plugin attempted to register PLAYER_RESPAWN while not enabled
    org.bukkit.plugin.IllegalPluginAccessException: Plugin attempted to register PLA
    YER_RESPAWN while not enabled
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.registerEvent(SimplePluginManag
    er.java:346)
            at com.imjake9.simplejail.SimpleJail.onEnable(SimpleJail.java:49)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:799)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:253)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:140)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)

21. Offline

imjake9

Good point, I'll try and make this multiworld compatible.

I'm not updating a plugin just to disable functionality another plugin has added. Sorry, take it up with the creator of Factions.

In theory, yes, it's possible. But that's really not what this plugin's intended to do. Often times, switching Permissions groups does more than just disable commands; it can do things like change chat colors and turn on nobuild.

Make sure you reload the server after you update the config file.

This plugin requires Permissions 2 or 3. It looks to me like you don't have it.

Yeah, this plugin is not compatible with PEX ATM. I will add it to my TODO list, but it's not super high priority. Sorry!

22. Offline

Tauryuu

@imjake9 What if they were both in place? Best security evar? :3

23. Offline

Jshreder

Oh well, thanks anyways!

Just wondering, but is it a file structure/format problem, or is it a problem with the plugins themselves?

Because regardless of whether I change the "PermissionsEx" folder into "Permissions", I get this error:
    Code:
    23:26:17 [INFO] [SimpleJail] ERROR: Permissions file not found.
    23:26:17 [INFO] [SimpleJail] SimpleJail v1.3 disabled.
    23:26:17 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling SimpleJail v1.3 (Is it up to dat
    e?): Plugin attempted to register PLAYER_RESPAWN while not enabled
    org.bukkit.plugin.IllegalPluginAccessException: Plugin attempted to register PLA
    YER_RESPAWN while not enabled
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.registerEvent(SimplePluginManag
    er.java:357)
            at com.imjake9.simplejail.SimpleJail.onEnable(SimpleJail.java:49)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:358)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleComma
    ndMap.java:281)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    90)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)

24. Offline

oxguy3

The config file is not auto-generating; how do I get it to?
    EDIT: Never mind, I just needed to restart my FTP connection to see it. Fantastic plugin!

SECOND EDIT: Lol, I'm so stupid. I thought I'd test that everything was working by jailing myself. This worked great until I realized I no longer had permission to unjail myself. No one was online, so I was forced to restart the server and manually unjail myself. I fail.

So, to prevent this from ever happening again, I have a suggestion: If someone is an OP, they should be able to unjail themselves, even if they don't have the SimpleJail.unjail node.

(i.e. in your onCommand(), instead of
    Code:
    if( (hasPermissions && permissionHandler.has(player, "SimpleJail.unjail"))) {
    //blah blah blah
    }
    do
    Code:
    if( (hasPermissions && permissionHandler.has(player, "SimpleJail.unjail"))||player.isOp()) {
    //blah blah blah
    }
    )

25. Offline

imjake9

I s'pose; I might make it an option.

It's a structure problem, and honestly, PEX is probably a better plugin. There's simply the fact that more people use Permissions than PEX, so I decided to support Permissions. Still, I think PEX support should actually be pretty easy; it has a better API.

I'll make it an option, but you know, you could have just unjailed yourself from the console. :p It works too!

26. Offline

Jshreder

:D

Sounds awesome, thanks for the feedback. I really want to use this plugin, but I'm not willing to switch to Permissions (PEX is just too awesome), so I appreciate that you'll look into it.

Thanks,
    -jshreder

27. Offline

piousminion

I was hoping to use this plugin as the "Jail" plugin has almost always spewed errors in my logs for no apparent reason, but no multi-world is a deal breaker. :/ Please add this soon. Hmm, seeing as how nether is now forced on us with 1.6+, how does everyone else use this plugin effectively?

28. Offline

Matt Gill

Hey I'm trying to get this plugin to work. The /jail command works, but people don't get thier rank set to the Jailed group I made.

Bukkit build: 935

29. Offline

sbeex

Thank you for this plugin ! I'm waiting about time to auto unjail players. ;) Thank you

30. Offline

TheSamAlder

This plugin requires Permissions 2 or 3. It looks to me like you don't have it.

I Do Have Permissions, I Downloaded It A Few Months Ago, Was There An Update ?

31. Offline

knotiK

Jake, can I ask you for a favor ? Can you teach me how to use SimpleJail and Permissions ?
    You see I am new to the bukkit plugins.

thanks and good work
    knotik