[ADMN/SEC/ECON] BananaRegion v3.2 - simple predefined region renting [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

codename_B

What stops them setting the price to 0 for all the plots?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  2. Offline

Sasek

Between the fence and gate doors there's 8 blocks of air free, it's in the BananaRegion, all other doors, levers etc can be opened by other players, even the doors on unrented regions that are directly connected with fences they can open.

3. Offline

codename_B

I have no idea then. Perhaps it's a bug with another plugin - have you tried using a pressure plate next to the door on either side as a workaround?

4. Offline

Sasek

I'm using: BananaRegion/Protect, WorldEdit, Permissions, iConomy, OddGive, MagicCarpet, NoCivilSpawn, Stackable, WeatherPlugin - all newest versions, all worked fine. Problems started after adding BananaProtect yesterday. I even updated server to 1.7.3 today.

Anything placed 1 block near the door can be used only by me plus if I place pressure plates and it gonna work, mobs can open it and creepers gonna blow up everything.
    I can try moving the gate somewhere else, atm it's on the middle of the region, but that doesn't explain why that specific part is bugged and sets me as owner of everything there.

5. Offline

ScottSpittle

if they want it to be free that's up to them? why are you being so difficult with me? am i the only one thinking that its a nice simple addition?

6. Offline

codename_B

Because that's economy breaking - tell you what, I'll make one where anyone can make regions. Tell me how that works out.
    http://tetragaming.com/codename_B/plugins/BananaRegionSuperPerms.jar

There you go, anyone with the permission node "bananaregion.admin" can create regions or destroy and block in any region.

You're using BananaRegion AND BananaProtect?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

ScottSpittle

thats not what i suggested..

8. Offline

Sasek

From the way you asked this question I assume: I shouldn't?
    Players have farms outside the castle that they don't want to have robbed/destroyed and rent houses in the castle, I could set Banana regions with 0 tax for them and delete BananaProtect - I guess it would "fix" the gate door problem.
    But most can't be online every single day so I tot I'll be sure anythig they place will get protected.
    If not that 1 goddamn door everything would work great so either I delete the whole economy, delete BananaProtect and temporary rent their fields and houses when they can't log OR still use the ladder. Why me -.-

9. Offline

Holylon

@codename_B
    This Residence-Plugin looks good, but I really really want the people to RENT the land... so that the rent expires within 7 days or so... It is so senseless, on one plugin I can rent, but people can't setup there own regions, and on the other they can, but they can't rent :( Why is the world so bad...

10. Offline

codename_B

BananaProtect is for individuals to have their own stuff... it shouldn't be used if you want communal doors etc.

It's as much as you're going to get of what you suggested. Adding "whoever placed the sign should get the rent" is not as simple as you seem to think it is.
    I guess - worst case scenario - I charge a configurable cost-per-block but then people will complain that they want some regions free- so I'll have to have different signs.

Buy: lets players buy a region permanently
    Rent: lets players rent a region with the rent expiring every seven days
    PRent: a region that a player setup themselves charging them the set cost for the size of the region they rented

OMG SO MUCH WORK...

Yeah, unless someone is planning on paying me to do it, I'll put a "maybe" next to all of those. You don't seem to understand that adding some of these things is exceedingly difficult.

11. Offline

Sasek

Yea I got my lesson, still why only that one door need to ruin my dreams lol.

12. Offline

codename_B

What you're asking for is a complete change of how I store the data. I will add this when I add MYSQL support.

Why not try OwnBlocks or something similar?

13. Offline

Sasek

I'm going to test other plugins and see what works best (atm testing what I can "destroy" as a player with no own place).
    With only BananaRegion I can use doors, levers and furnances so I can steal smelting items from furnances, walk on the crops and steal the wheat and seeds that way - need something for furnances/levers only since iron doors use them. Only chests and things hittable are protected. Not worth 2 weeks of making a server work properly for just 10 ppl btw.

14. Offline

Holylon

I really know that this is much work, but I am sure I am not the only one who would love you for this :)

Why should players want regions free? When I add a plugin like this, players need to pay for it. End. And if I want to give some players free regions, I simple give them the money for it... easy, or not?

I would pay you, but... I am low at money too :( I have to wait for next payment unless I can pay... and I would if you would do that !

And in your first quote... you telling that u WILL add MySQL support?? Yaaay :D

15. Offline

codename_B

I used to protect furnaces etc, but people complained so I removed it. Are you complaining? (If so, I'll add it back.)

Yeah I will add MySQL support for this plugin in 2014

16. Offline

Sasek

I don't want to be the ony one complaining about it becouse people gonna blame it on me lol, unless you could make 2 downloads, one with no furnance/lever protection (so people could place iron doors on their regions to protect their homes and farms) and one with so people can choose which they want to use.
    Just a suggestion, if not possible it's ok, please don't hate >.<

17. Offline

codename_B

@Sasek - protection for furnaces and doors added back.

18. Offline

Sasek

I only ment furnances and levers so IRON doors can be opened by them, not wooden doors...
    I will keep the 2.8 file if anyone wants to "thank" me for this suggestion and get non door version back.

19. Offline

codename_B

@Sasek - it's a lot of code to write to have config options for every single item in the game...

20. Offline

Sasek

People did mention something about love to a config file to this plugin *cough*.
    Didn't know it would be that much coding to only exclude the wooden doors from 2.9.
    I'm sorry, gonna shut up, let you do what you want and live with it.

21. Offline

codename_B

XD
    I may add a huge config file at some point, but not today.

22. Offline

xJoshJx

@codename_B
    Hey, couple questions and suggestions.
    1- Are paintings, water-buckets, chest-access/Container Access working now?
    2- If you can teach me how to add an item to protection in the config, I could then help out and add the rest most likely.
    3- Can you possibly add more to the API? Example, If the location they are standing is protected from player, and not just a block that they click on?

23. Offline

Sasek

If yes, thank you in advance :p . For now I'm teaching my mates how to use Lockette.

24. Offline

codename_B

The API can check any block.
    Paintings/water buckets/chest access/container access have been working since 2.8
    Ok, I will try

25. Offline

justin shulman

whats the estimated time in which a fix will be released for both the long name problem and the issue with water

26. Offline

Sasek

Water works, tested myself , you need to place it again with a bucket to let it flow.

27. Offline

xJoshJx

@codename_B
    Water isn't working like everything else...
    Water should work by prioritizing over worldguard like the rest of your plugin features do.
    EX: People can build in your region, people can use in your region.
    Why cant people place water nor have chest access in your regions when all of the other things can?
    Could you prioritize your plugin instead of world-guard like the rest of the features?

Please and Thank-you

28. Offline

codename_B

What's stopping you enabling water-buckets and chest-access in worldguard?

29. Offline

Kalais

The build flag is stopping water-buckets. It's imperative that it remain off within the city to prevent griefing. Chest access is prevented by the chest-access flag as well.

30. Offline

codename_B

Well why not allow chest access then? So it's my plugin working fine and worldguard not... *sighs*
    Alright, I'll do that after I add MySQL - progress converting all code to MySQL - 1%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.