Inactive [ADMN/SEC/CHAT] SpamHammer v1.7b - Punish those spammers [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by dumptruckman, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Offline

dumptruckman

SpamHammer - Lay down the law on spammers
    Version: v1.7b

Detects people sending too many messages in short amounts of time (and optionally repeat messages). Mutes, kicks, and then bans players that spam the same message in that order. Server OPs are unaffected. The default settings that this installs with will only detect VERY fast messages... In other words, it will only really prevent automated spam. If you want to detect slower spam, try something like 5 messages in 3 seconds or something. Experiment!

Instructions:
    • Download the jar to your plugin folder and start your server.
    • Change the default settings if you want:
      • Message Limit is how many messages within the Message Period (seconds) before action is taken against the player. The default is 3 messages within 1 second.
      • *NEW* Add commands to
        Code:
        commandlist:
              possiblespam:
        that you might consider to be spam. By default /g, /general and /yell are added as examples.
    • Choose whether to use each action type. (Mute/Kick/Ban)
    • Configure the messages as you like them. Mute has a mute time to keep the player muted for. Use %t in the message to replace with the mute time.
    • Set a "cool-off" time for when to reset the action level of a player.
    • Note: all times are in seconds
    • Note: actions will always happen in order unless they are disabled. Mute, kick, then ban.
    • After the config is set to your liking, restart or reload the server.
    • You can now choose to disable all punishments and instead have SpamHammer simple rate limit messages.
    Commands:
    • spamunmute - unmutes a player muted by SpamHammer
    • spamunban - unbans a player banned by SpamHammer
    • spamreset - resets the punishment level of a player.
    SuperPerm nodes:
    • spamhammer.unban - allows access to /spamunban
    • spamhammer.unmute - allows access to /spamunmute
    • spamhammer.reset - allows access to /spamreset
    • spamhammer.ignore - makes player unaffected by SpamHammer
    • spamhammer.* - grants all above permissions
    Download latest version
    Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 1.7b
    • Now has option to not use permissions and instead use OP only for the commands. This will allow for greater compatability.
    Version 1.7a
    • No longer considers all commands for spam blocking by default. Added spammable command list to config where you should add commands that could be considered spam.
    Version 1.6
    • Added back repeat message block as a default option.
    Version 1.5a
    • Added bukkit permissions support.
    Version 1.4
    • Added config option (default: true) to prevent messages over the limit from appearing. This will allow for non-punishment solutions.
    Version 1.3b
    • Disabling certain punishments no longer breaks the ones still enabled.
    • Because this plugin could break features of BukkitContrib, players with the BC client mod on a server with the BC plugin will not be affected.
    Version 1.3a
    • SpamHammer now additionally picks up command usage to prevent using chat commands as a work-around.
    Version 1.2
    • Modified the way the plugin detects spam... Now works faster and more effectively.
    • Changed the config options.

Mitsugaru and pandapipino like this.
  2. Offline

pandapipino

Please update the plugin, it really helps my server from spammers. I was having this error though im using cb 1185.

1. com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.SpamHammer.checkTimes(SpamHammer.java:377)
    2. 2011-09-23 17:07:40 [SEVERE] at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.SpamHammer$1.run(SpamHammer.java:79)
    3. 2011-09-23 17:07:40 [SEVERE] at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    4. 2011-09-23 17:07:40 [SEVERE] at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    5. 2011-09-23 17:07:45 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

3. Offline

dumptruckman

"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" Seems like you're running out of memory.

4. Offline

gameblaster64

Does this run on RB 1185?

5. Offline

solidsnake916

This doesn't seem to work with RB #1185, and this was the best antispam plugin made.

6. Offline

dumptruckman

Really? Can you paste the server log where there's errors? Or explain what isn't working?

7. Offline

solidsnake916

someone spammed a shit load, and nothing happened lol. I'll look more into after i wake up. See if i find a log, or whats wrong with it. Good to see you're still around.

8. Offline

pandapipino

please update this plugin Thanks

9. Offline

solidsnake916

No Log, just no action is taken at ALL!

10. Offline

dataviruset

Yesterday some of my players got banned innocently for some reason. I deleted their entries in banlist.yml and restarted the server. The strange thing is that they never did anything wrong.

11. Offline

Khralen

Had this installed for a month or so now. works great! Althought just a few minutes ago it bugged the freak out. aprox. 3 hours ago 2 players where muted for spam within minutes of eachother for 30 seconds at a time, but they said nothing in chat. a little while later those same 2 players where kicked for spam after saying one thing in chat, an additional person was muted. a couple of minutes ago the 2 original players where banned for spamming, the 3rd one was kicked, and everyone onling (about 30 people) except admins where muted for 30 seconds, about a minute ago they where all kicked for spam. we disabled the plugin and it then started banning people, we then removed the plugin. I would like some feedback as to how the hell it banned people when the plugin was disabled, and why it would even start glitching like that all of the sudden? the onlyt hing that changed recently was we added a new vanishnopacket plugin about 5 hours ago, but other than that its the same as the past month. thanks ahead for any help. ~Khralen, NerdCraft Admin

12. Offline

ray0911

I'm using herochat also. What can I do to stop spammer? they still seem to spam.

13. Offline

Monstertke

@dumptruckman I had this happen to me just now, no errors in the console. Just random bans for one message.
    Been using this plugin for months and months.

14. Offline

DaEgo

This Plugin is not compatible with newest update
    CB 1943 (http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit) is the last version it works with plugin
    please update
    thx

Show Spoiler

Code:
    Could not load 'plugins\SpamHammer.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:153)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:288)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:212)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:186)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:162)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:408)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.SpamHammer.<init>(SpamHammer.java:26)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:149)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        ... 27 more

15. Offline

Cheezetarts

Please update

16. Offline

ImJustPro2

No longer works at all, outdated, we're fucked.

17. Offline

Cheezetarts

*sigh* Guess we must change plugins

18. Offline

dumptruckman

I have an untested development version if people are desperate enough.

19. Offline

xcoldfyrex

Sure, I'll test it

20. Offline

DaEgo

let me test to plz
    will give respond with all plugins and versions
    thx

21. Offline

t7seven7t

The dev build doesn't stop spam. Here is the error it produces in the logs:
    Did you leave out a class when you compiled this?

Code:
    [INFO] [SpamHammer] Enabling SpamHammer v2.0-bUNKNOWN
    2012-03-06 14:32:31 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling SpamHammer v2.0-bUNKNOWN (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.config.BaseConfig$1.convertForGet(BaseConfig.java:25)
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.config.BaseConfig$1.convertForGet(BaseConfig.java:17)
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.config.AbstractYamlConfig.get(AbstractYamlConfig.java:86)
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.plugin.AbstractPluginBase.getMessager(AbstractPluginBase.java:154)
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.plugin.command.PluginCommand.<init>(PluginCommand.java:27)
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.plugin.command.DebugCommand.<init>(DebugCommand.java:19)
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.plugin.AbstractPluginBase.registerCommands(AbstractPluginBase.java:98)
    at com.dumptruckman.spamhammer.pluginbase.plugin.AbstractPluginBase.onEnable(AbstractPluginBase.java:68)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:363)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)

22. Offline

winter4w

Plz update to 1.2.3

23. Offline

dumptruckman

It's on dev.bukkit.org.

Oh, for some reason I only just saw this o.o I'll look into it. Thanks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  24. Offline

GrillGuth

dumptruckman:
    does the newer version 2.0 support HeroChat? If not can you please add it^^ :) Would be awesome!

Greetings,
    GrillGuth

25. Offline

DaEgo

looks nice !
    no error at startup or stop
    spam test was fine
    thx !

#02082 (craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.3-20120316.090555-20)
    dynmap essentials falsebook authme towny worldedit worldguard etc etc

26. Offline

Cyb3rpuff

Java exception has occured?? I'm new with Bukkit :) so how do I change the settings?