Inactive [ADMN/SEC] bPermissions v2.9.2 - no support on this post, ask for support on bukkitdev [1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

kahlilnc, Lappy, Gobiel and 4 others like this.
  2. Offline

Tauryuu

Code:
    2011-08-06 23:08:46 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_LOGIN to bPermissions
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ubempire.permissions.SuperPermissionHandler.unsetupPlayer(SuperPermissionHandler.java:39)
        at com.ubempire.permissions.PermissionFunctions.unsetPermissions(PermissionFunctions.java:43)
        at com.ubempire.permissions.EntityHandler.onPlayerLogin(EntityHandler.java:38)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$12.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:321)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:184)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:82)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

3. Offline

bluehasia

would some one mind posting an example of a working permission file? i been struggling for days trying to figure out how to get permission to work but i have yet to see an example of a complete and working file. im very visual and need to see an example.

i also got Bpermission installed now

This is my thread if you want to post it here instead and more detail on my situation
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/servercraft-user-admin-in-need-of-permission-help.29909/

4. Offline

snowboundmage

one of the plugins i have installed says it cant find permissionbukkit, so it uses permissions instead. Its name is LagMeter. I'm not sure if bpermissions is saying to use permissions(yeti), or if it is a fault in the Lagmeter plugin. The lagmeter is built for the new superperm, but can default back to perm(yeti) if it cant find it(i think)

Also, I am very confused by this whole new build1000 permission change, so please tell me, is this to be the only permissions plugin i should have on my server? do i also place permissions(yeti) and PermissionsBukkit on there? What do and dont i need for this plugin to work?

EDIT: This plugin does seem like a godsend, as do many of your other plugins :), Keep 'em comin'.

5. Offline

cyberdude

@codename_B @CainFoool
    A few suggestions:
    - The wiki you referred to by CainFoool needs updating, it doesn't contain correct information.
    - Please note/mention the bPermissions.build node in the OP
    - Please also note the other nodes available by bPermissions, there is no metion of the bPermissions.admin in neither the OP or the wiki.
    - It would be preferred if you rename the commands. Currently they are not very good.
    /nodereload, mentions only 1 node without s. It's not very clear. Better be /nodesreload, or /reloadnodes or even better /reloadpermissions or /reloadperms or /permsreload or something similar.
    same goes for /lsnode, listiing one node it seems by the name, but no, it lists all nodeS. Again something better like /listpermissions, /listperms or /permslist or similar.
    The last 3 commands is okay, but could also be update to /permsadd, /permsremove, /permssetgroup or similar.

Otherwise thanks for this :)... It is however very difficult to use at first because of the lack of information, coupled with the fact we are directed to a wiki that has all commands wrong.

6. Offline

codename_B

Looks like you're using an outdated Bukkit version.
    I'm sorry - I thought that the general format of foldername/filename.yml was a universall accepted standard.
    How can I make it clearer?
    Hi, I'd rather post it here - if you look in the OP there's an example defaultGroups.yml and defaultPlayers.yml with fictional groups, nodes, and players. If this isn't to your satisfaction - perhaps chatting with me one on one on IRC would be more helpful?
    Hi - this plugin has a built in Permission bridge - so it's possible plugins which use SuperPerms AND Permissions will detect the bridge and use that instead - it's just an abstraction layer - nothing changes in how it works.
    All you need installed is this plugin - and you're set to go - a full server permissions management solution - right here ;) p.s. that's a fault in the LagMeter plugin - but my plugin will even work around that fault for you - that's how awesome it is ;)
    You're welcome.
    Hi - I will remove the reference to the wiki.

Thankyou for your feedback - I will include the nodes in a more visible place in the OP - it is in the changelog.
    Rather than changing the commands - I will detail them instead.

As for the other commands:
    -ls is a standard UNIX for listing all the files in the current directory - so that stays
    -rm is standard unix for removing files - so that stays
    -add should be obvious :p so that stays.

Thanks for the feeedback though!

7. Offline

Tauryuu

When did b1000 become outdated? o.o

By the way, will the bPermissions command be fixed for global groups and players? They only work for specific worlds now.

8. Offline

cyberdude

Yeah, I get ls, rm and add.
    I just don't like the use of the word node. And I definitely does not like that ls and reload uses the word node in singular and not as plural.
    Also the fact that they are way to different:
    lsXXX
    addXXX
    rmXXX
    XXXreload

as you see, the reload has node in front of "action", where as the rest have it after "action". And then setgroup. There is no consistency between the commands, which makes it very clumsy and messy.

I just want you to consider renaming the commands. The use of the node is fine from a progammers perspective because you think of it as a node (I am a programmer too), but from a users point of view they don't see it the same way. They see it as Permissions, or short Perms, they don't want to see a list of nodes, or add a node, they want to add a permission or list all permissions.
    You seem to be way to stuck in the programming perspective that you forget the users who use it. Which I think is a shame, especially since you wrote this so it was users for normal users to handle permissions.

"No tabs in the config, no spacing in the config, impossible (nearly) to get wrong!
    Fully featured, no other Permission related plugins needed
    Includes built Permissions 2.x/3.x backwards compatability
    Easy to use commands to change groups, and add/remove nodes in-game"

You are aiming for normal users. You need to think as a normal user.

And thanks for listening :), I'm just here to help and give you my side of the story ;)..

9. Offline

bluehasia

i think what through me off i thought all those where one .yml file and i was trying to combine it into one... when i finally reliazed i could use command lines to add things the plugin finally added more yml files and it finally clicked for me you were referring for 3 files not one. right now im getting it to work kind of. still tinkering with it

10. Offline

codename_B

How about I keep those commands and add an alternative set of commands? I struggle to think of any - so why don't you list them for me what they should be?

rmnode = ???
    lsnode = ???
    addnode = ???
    setgroup = ???
    nodereload = ???

In which case your NPE is caused by McMMO probably - otherwise I don't know. I can't replicate it.
    :confused: what?
    I don't understand - did you use "default" as the world? That works fine for me. I can even upload a video of me typing /addnode node.node admin default and it working...
    Glad to hear you're having some more success with it! Any suggestions at all to update the OP - or to update the plugin - are entirely welcome.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  11. Offline

cyberdude

My ideas would be:
    /bpermadd
    /bpermrm
    /bpermls
    /bpermreload
    /bpermsetgroup

instead of bperm you could just use /permXXX.
    My 2 cents.

12. Offline

codename_B

How about:
    /permissionadd
    /permissionremove
    /permissionlist
    /permissionreload
    /setgroup

EDIT: those are so long and annoying to type :p I'm keeping my original commands - but I will add those as alternates.

13. Offline

cyberdude

Your choice :)... I just argued that the current was vague and misinforming. So yeah, I'd be happy with that addition :)...

14. Offline

codename_B

Yeah - but I use this plugin too - and as my most important user - I like to keep myself happy :p

I will add in those alternative commands in the next release - expected: whenever I have some free time to work on this.

15. Offline

Volkanlp

hmm.. every plugin i've seen tells you if you need to create a folder.
    and LWC doesnt works with this plugin..

Code:
    2011-08-06 16:48:07 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_LOGIN to bPermissions
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ubempire.permissions.SuperPermissionHandler.unsetupPlayer(SuperPermissionHandler.java:39)
        at com.ubempire.permissions.PermissionFunctions.unsetPermissions(PermissionFunctions.java:43)
        at com.ubempire.permissions.EntityHandler.onPlayerLogin(EntityHandler.java:38)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$12.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:321)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:184)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:82)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:43)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

16. Offline

Xilador

wow this is the easiest permissions plugin out there.
    im confused though I have MCMMO and i cannot comprehend what to do.... :'(

17. Offline

cyberdude

Haha :D...

18. Offline

codename_B

Hi - I fixed the NPE I think - download version 1.1b
    EDIT: No I didn't - get Lockette to update to SuperPerms.
    Hi - I may have fixed compatability - download 1.1b and let me know

19. Offline

xsolar66

Hi, I am confused about the following:

I have two worlds - creative build and vanilla survival.

How do I make default group: Builder for creative building world, but when someone travels to the other world, they get automatically changed to a world-based default group: Survivor?

This is currently very easy to do with Group Manager as each world can have their own default group, but how do I do it here?

20. Offline

Xilador

It didnt work im still getting the same message.... Good work on the plugin though [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond]

21. Offline

codename_B

Each world's default group can have its own set of permissions - I'll add in per-world default groups if you think it's that big an issue.
    Remember groupnames don't do anything - and they aren't touched by any plugin other than this - so default is just default - literally.

22. Offline

i3w

@codename_B
    Could you add a "You can't build here" message if the player doesn't have the bPermissions.build node? :D

23. Offline

Tauryuu

Nope. I even did a clean install with nothing else, the error is still there.

Also, I like the idea of per-world default groups, and possibly world permissions link and player groups link.

Example:
    World "pvp" permissions clones from World "world". World "creative" has it's own permissions set.

World "pvp"'s player remains in the same group name, but the permissions of "world" and "pvp" can be different.

24. Offline

xsolar66

That's exactly what I need! - It's far easier (for my case) to make users default to a different group when changing worlds than modify the permissions of a single group.

It would also be silly to consider survival players "Builders" hah.

25. Offline

codename_B

Sure.
    What you've suggested is already entirely possible with this plugin already.
    Hi - I will add per-world default groups to the next version of this.

26. Offline

midget_3111

I'm not entirely sure how to make this multiworld compatible? anyone fancy dropping me a hint? I have tried adding the same node to the same group in two different world, but nothing seems to have changed

27. Offline

codename_B

did you create the instructed files?
    players/worldname.yml
    groups/worldname.yml

Where players is a new folder and groups is a new folder - if you don't have those setup correctly it defaults to the default permissions set in defaultGroups and defaultPlayers

28. Offline

midget_3111

Nope, will do that now, does each world need it's own file in both folders?
    and can I set it up so that I have one user group which has different permissions per world?

29. Offline

codename_B

If you set up the world files - that world is handled on it's own.

30. Offline

midget_3111

So every user will need to be added to at least 5 groups in my case? even if they have the same group name?

31. Offline

codename_B

I don't understand the question - you have a global set of permissions - you only have to setup a world if you want the worlds permissions to differ from the global set.
    Each set of worlds permissions is individually managed if you have the file setup for them - if not it defaults to the global file.