Inactive [ADMN/SEC] AuthDB v2.3.6 - Database authentication and protection [1.1-1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CraftFire, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Offline

CraftFire

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

oglop

Can you add czech language there, I think I'd be able to run your plugin :) and I'll do my best to translate it

3. Offline

Wulfspider

I added it.

4. Offline

Torrey Leonard

Hey there,

I'd like to connect my freeforums.org forum (phpBB) with AuthDB, but I have no idea how :(
    Could you help me out so if someone registers on the forums they have to login in-game and if they don't go on the forums they aren't prompted at all with login help?

Thanks in advance!

5. Offline

Wulfspider

I doubt that provider allows remote MySQL access, which is needed if your Minecraft server is not on the same host.

Use a host that offers it. Most free forum hosts don't offer it at all and some give you access if you pay them. You'd have to ask them and see.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  6. Offline

Torrey Leonard

I can connect into my forums database with host gator... does that do any good?

7. Offline

Wulfspider

You have another forum on HostGator?

8. Offline

Torrey Leonard

no no i use freeforums.org and it says to register with hostgator in order to get FTP access to the forum...

9. Offline

Wulfspider

You don't need FTP access, you need remote MySQL access for AuthDB. They probably refer you to HostGator as a paid option.

10. Offline

Torrey Leonard

So how can I get MySql access?

11. Offline

Torrey Leonard

Alright then I'll ask them! Thanks for the help! :D

12. Offline

Wulfspider

You are most welcome. Let us know what you figure out and we can go from there. :)

13. Offline

Black_Jack

Add Russian language. I'll make a translation. :)

14. Offline

Wulfspider

It's already on there under Asia and 98% done. You can check if for accuracy though.

15. Offline

Curthiany

Sorry to nag but is there a current dev build i can get with the Wildcard added and the fix for player_move?
    my server is having lag issues from constant disconnects and reconnects

16. Offline

UltraPL

My console keeps sending me:
    Code:
    [SEVERE] blah blah PLAYER_MOVE blah blabh AuthDB

Help!

Before it was ok, now after my server provider crashed all servers and rescued 'em its bugged. Maybe they updated Bukkit to 1060? How to check what Bukkit I do have?

17. Offline

tha d0ctor

how long is the period the the plugin recognizes and saves your password, and is it configurable?

18. Offline

oglop

Can I suggest, there could be an option that can restrict
    /link and it won't display this message?
    Code:
    {YELLOW}Welcome {WHITE}guest{YELLOW}! Please use {REGISTERCMD} password email or {LINKCMD} otherusername password
    but only first part?
    Code:
    {YELLOW}Welcome {WHITE}guest{YELLOW}! Please use {REGISTERCMD} password email
    It might be confusing for kids and some ppl :) (maybe I putted it to wrong thread)

19. Offline

Fungoh

Hi!
    I have a very secure password with special characters and stuff like that, when are they going to be supported? I noticed that if I use special characters in my password, your plugin says "Incorrect password" even if it's correct. I just changed my password removing the special characters and it worked perfectly.
    I really hope you're going to introduce special characters because secure passwords are... more secure!
    Awesome plugin btw.

20. Offline

Wulfspider

Are you using a dev version? The player move should be fixed already in those as well as the wildcards. Final version should be out this weekend.

We thought about it, just trying to figure out the best way to do it.

What characters are you using?

They didn't test before they updated to 1060. It's fixed in the dev versions of v2.3.0.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  21. Offline

Fungoh

I use the $ in particular

22. Offline

Wulfspider

You are using v2.2.0 right now? I'll have to check, but I think we fixed most of that in v2.3.0.

You need remote MySQL access to your XenForo database. Do you have that?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  23. Offline

Fungoh

yes I'm using v2.2.0

24. Offline

Curthiany

ok well i cant seem to find the current dev build ... is there a definite time 2.3.0 will be finished?

25. Offline

Wulfspider

I'd recommend waiting until we finish it. Hopefully we'll have it out this weekend, but time will tell.

26. Offline

WolwX

Waiting for your 2.3 release :)

Keep the good work ;)

27. Offline

Escimo

Please, help me. I don't understand, HOW TO install AuthDB and bind it to XenForo... I'm newbie :(

I have Xenforo and MySQL at localhost only :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  28. Offline

Wulfspider

Is your Minecraft server on the same machine?

29. Offline

Escimo

I have LAN server, it's not need to Internet, just for LAN. So, i have on localhost all you need to play.

30. Offline

Wulfspider

Then just edit the AuthDB config.yml for XenForo:

Code:
      database:
        driver: mysql
        host: localhost
        port: 3306
        username: YOURDATABASEUSERNAME
        password: YOURDATABASEPASSWORD
        name: YOURDATABASENAME
        prefix: xf_
      script:
        name: XenForo
        version: 1.0.0
      customdb:
        enabled: false
    Your config should look like the above and make the username, password, and name fields to what you need.

31. Offline

Escimo

Thanks a lot! I'll go to try