Inactive [ADMN/SEC] AuthDB v2.3.6 - Database authentication and protection [1.1-1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CraftFire, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Offline

CraftFire

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

contex

How do you restart your server? Using the /reload command or stopping and starting the server?

3. Offline

Wulfspider

Please post what version of AuthDB you are using and your CraftBukkit build along with all plugins currently installed. It sounds like you have a plugin that is conflicting with AuthDB. We had a similar issue before with MultiInv.

4. Offline

soulreafer

AuthDB 2.1.3
    #CB 617

Plugins:

Essentials
    HeroChat
    Lockette
    War
    WolfPound
    WEdit
    WGuard
    MultiHome
    Permissions
    rTrigger
    Stats
    Achievements
    ControllerBlock
    dynmap
    AfkBooter
    iConomy
    MineCartMania
    Magic Carpet
    And other Stuff that doesnt use Action Handlers from your Plugin.

Regards

5. Offline

Wulfspider

T
    Thanks for the info. I'll see what we can figure out.

Just a question about this... Is your Bukkit server running on Linux and did the players login with a variation of their nickname? For example... say soulreafer is what you normally use and it had all your inventory on it... and you then logged in with Soulreafer after the restart. If you did this, it would technically be a new character in Minecraft, but not the forum database so it wouldn't have the same inventory but it would still prompt you to login.

I haven't had any success replicating your issue otherwise.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  6. Offline

Dada1981

At first: Great Plugin! It saved me from a lots of problems.
    But now I have a problem:
    Suddenly my users (me included) can't log in. We just get the message: "/login <password>", but if we enter our passwords, nothing happens, except showing this message. I tried to re-install the plugin, dropped the table, applied it in a new database, nothing worked.
    I'm using CraftBukkit 617, AuthDB 2.1.3 and Joomla 1.6.1.
    When logging in, I get the error: " Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND_PREPROCESS to AuthDB". The userdata for the MySQL-Database are right, tested it with Navicat.

And at last, sorry for my bad english. I hope, you understand me :p

7. Offline

Wulfspider

Did you add any other plugins?

8. Offline

Dada1981

Oh, a lot.
    Installed are these plugins:

AuthDB (not running, because of the problem!)
    Backpack
    CommandBook
    ContainerProtect
    DynMap
    HomeX
    iConomy
    mcMMO
    Some plugins from the Minecart Mania Suite
    npcx
    Permissions
    Residence
    uQuest
    WorldEdit
    Wormhole X-Treme

Except Backpack and npcx, I was running all of these plugins on an elder version of CraftBukkit and it worked.

9. Offline

Wulfspider

I meant, did you install any plugins between the time it was working and when it stopped working?

10. Offline

Dada1981

I don't know exactly. The last plugin I installed was npcx maybe it was in between. I will test it
    :)

No, npcx didn't cause the problem. Uninstalled it, reinstalled AuthDB, but again the same problem.

11. Offline

Wulfspider

It's the Backpack plugin. We'll be looking into it more.

12. Offline

Dada1981

Mh, I think it's not only the Backpack plugin. Deleted the jar, restarted the server, but AuthDB still doesn't work.

13. Offline

Wulfspider

It corrupts the AuthDB inventory saves. Deleting those from the AuthDB folder fixes it. From my tests so far at least... You will lose your inventory though.

Seems to be AuthDB isn't saving the inventory correctly 100% of the time. We're working on a fix for this. It also happens after players joining/leaving multiple times repeatedly.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  14. Offline

Dada1981

Yep, thank you, that solved the problem :)

15. Offline

fourgotten

Thanks for this awesome plugin, but I have a trouble.
    I use vBulletin 4.0.4 forum and disabled /register command in plugin. I want only those who registered on the forum, could play on the server. When username on forum same as in-game name, authorization is successful(only password required). But if user registered with the forum and are using a different name in the game, unable to log in, with message "You are not registered yet".
    I used /login username password
    Database connect succesful ( [INFO] [AuthDB] 20 user registrations in database)
    In configuration file:
    script:
    name: vb
    version: 4.0.4
    I tried different login method - default, prompt, normal. Tried turn "customdb" on and rescribe the DB fields manually. I restart server after any changes. But error still appears. What am I doing wrong?
    P.S Sorry for my bad english :)

16. Offline

Wulfspider

Sorry about this! I did find that the command doesn't actually work properly yet. This will be fixed in an upcoming version and we will be adding the option to enable/disable username linking and unlinking as well.

Well, we still found that sometimes new players spawn in the air, and then after registering, they sometimes fall and die or hurt themselves. We're looking into it more.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  17. Offline

fourgotten

Thank you for quick response! :)
    And it would be nice to add new users from database without server restart.

18. Offline

contex

That should be fixed for a quick fix version today :)

19. Offline

sypheac

Will it fix the spawn problem ?

20. Offline

Wulfspider

The problem where new players spawn 1-2 blocks above the ground in the air?

21. Offline

sypheac

Yes, but I did new test, and now it works correctly... But I didn't made any changes ... so don't spend time on it, it may don't come from your plugin.

22. Offline

sypheac

And it could be very useful if this plugin checks if the user is activated on the board or not. (I use phpBB)
    Because now even if the player has'nt activated be email or was activated by an admin, he can connect on the game.

thanks again =)

23. Offline

Wulfspider

That's a possibility... although right now, all players who register in-game are activated automatically because we have no way to send activation emails right now.

24. Offline

sypheac

Argh ... I do not allow registering by the game (because I wan't players read rules on the board before)

25. Offline

Wulfspider

We could have something where they have to accept rules listed in-game before they can register. It would probably have to be entered separately, but quite possible.

We could probably add an option for checking if the player is activated or not too. I'll talk to Contex about it. :)

26. Offline

sypheac

Yes. It's not because you automaticaly activate accounts while registering in-game that you can't check if he is activated =)

27. Offline

dirkson

What're the chances for Drupal 7 looking like? I've got all my users set up with accounts in the thing already, and I think this plugin would be handy for when minecraft.net goes down.

28. Offline

contex

mmm, going to add it for a future version :)

I will try adding Drupal 7 as soon as I figure out how it handles the encryption. It should be added in a near future version :)

29. Offline

MJRamon

same feature for myBB, please?

30. Offline

Wulfspider

I will be a generic feature when we add it. :p

31. Offline

MJRamon

Oh, of course. Thanx :)