Inactive [ADMN/RPG] Jail - Jail bad players

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

Jail

This plugins adds Jail to your minecraft server. Admins can define several jails and then jail/unjail people or jail them on time basis. Plugin also offers wide variety of protections, so players won't escape out of your jail.

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/jail/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

averad

Receiving the following error from time to time when issuing /jail /unjail etc. I'm willing to edit my wait_timeout but it seems like there is a fix that can be built into the plugin.

Note: No other plugins installed are having this issue.

Code:
    18:25:40 [SEVERE] com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was40850 seconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 40850 seconds ago, which  is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1074)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:3246)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1917)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2060)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2542)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1734)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2019)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1937)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1922)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.InputOutput.InsertPrisoner(InputOutput.java:265)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.Jail.Jail(Jail.java:228)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.Jail.onCommand(Jail.java:465)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:221)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:380)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:366)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:3227)
    18:25:40 [SEVERE]       ... 17 more
    18:25:40 [INFO] Player jailed.

3. Offline

gamerluke

Wish this would work with normal bukkit and not just permissions
    Im getting

4. Offline

NEO

Request, change the command to jail someone so it allows for a message.

/jail NEO 25 jailname you have been jailed for griefing!

You could make the message an optional field like jail name and time. I run a large server and the more players you have the more players that break the rules. It gets tiring having people spamming the chat asking why they have been jailed.

5. Offline

steeve

Is there any chance to have this plugin in a version OP only, without using permission? plse

6. Offline

woodzy

an add on to ur jail could you add in please a MUTE player option!!!! so the commond would be like this
    /jail [Player name] (Time) (Jail name) (mute)
    OR
    /jailmute [playername]
    and when thay come out of jail (if ever) thay will get auto un-muted. that would be sooo nice!!!
    see what im saying thro?

7. Offline

matejdro

Updated.

Sorry guys, i don't want to release anything major until i manage to get Persistence working. Most new major features would need additional DB tables, which would probably give even more SQL errors and could even mean recreating jails on update. Unfortunately NathanWolf, who is helping me with Persistence, is currently busy and i ran into some troubles which i can't solve without his help. But i will still maintain current version and try to implement as many features as possible without changing SQL database, before Persistence will arrive.

To the errors:

@Azur does this error happens always or occasionally?

@ScottSpittle That looks like you did not set teleport point into jail. So protection will be teleporting player forever.

@SpeedyDawg another random DB error that i have no idea what it means. Sorry, i will try to check this, but i doubt that i can solve it. Lets hope that persistence will come as soon as possible. Have you tried deleting database and retrying from scratch?

@woodzy First error probably means that something is wrong with your Permissions file. Second "error" is fixed in v0.5.5.

8. Offline

masterkorp

Hello,

Since the permissions plugin that you use is not developed anymore, will you add support for another permissions plugin? Or just simple allow the commands to be only operated by OPs ? in the case of my server, this all that i need.

9. Offline

steeve

thanks for the update, 0,5,5 with the optional permission :)))))

10. Offline

matejdro

You can simply uninstall permissions to make it OP-only. As for new version, it should work since new versions should have same API. Just i need to update link in first post :)

11. Offline

woodzy

dear plugin maker, thank you so much for the added muteing. and is the mute command like i said in an older post?
    /jail player time jail mute
    /jailmute player
    is it like one of them?

12. Offline

vlado2portos

Hello how the permissions plugin become optional ? last version worked fine with permissions after update just OP can use jail commands and /jailstatus for players.... how can I turn permissions back up ?

BTW I use and used before this permissions which are still supported http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ow-with-real-multiworld-permissions-556.5974/

Or does anybody still have link for the last version of Jail ?

Thank you.

13. Offline

Co0kies

Hi ,
    I have a suggestion for next command/s
    what about

1) /jailedit (Name) 0/1

0 - locked (can't edit the jail/cell)
    1 - unlocked (can edit the jail)

or is it now somehow possible to change/edit the jail without deleting the current jail (info about pos1, pos2, jail_spawn, free_spawn)?

2)/jailexpand name
    what about , expand area ? i mean , at first you make a cuboid and set a jail , but you have build a whole prison and there are more cells with doors, so the expanded area (+another cuboid) will be a corridor and another cuboid will be yard.

For each player i set /jail name time cell1,2,3,4,... so each player will be alone in his cell. but all can
    go outside to dining room or yard or library. (can move in the prison)

[​IMG]
    A) situation now, workaround
    I can set only one cuboid so i have create 10 cells with the same coordinates , different jail_spawn and the same free_spawn infront of prison.

[​IMG]

So if i open a doors on cells they can move, but they can go either to another cells.
    With this occurred to me also a commant "back to cell" , so if i close the doors, and write the command, all prisoners spawn i their cells.

B) + more cuboids for jail , so Prison 1 (spawn in cell 1) can go to orange area which is corridor, also violet and lime area, but cant go to another cells. (so the whole perimeter for prisoners can be different, more cells, more floors, )

3) prisoner skin/suit
    is it possible to change a skin? e.g (http://www.minecraftskins.com/save/35812)

I hope you will like some ideas. BR

Co0kies

vlado2portos likes this.
  14. Offline

bjoen

I can't create the "cubeoid" .... nothing comes up when i right click on a block with my wooden sword.

15. Offline

steeve

bjoen:do you have type /jail create <jailname> before selected the cuboid with the wooden sword?

Matejdro: Big thanks, since the new update, the jail plugin work fine on my server, im so happy :)

16. Offline

matejdro

@woodzy Setting in config will make all prisoners mute.

@vlado2portos Permissions should be automatically activated if installed.

@Co0kies

1) what is the real point in this command? If edit function will be added, then it will be probably locked to admins. To prevent accidentall editing?

2) Sounds nice.

3) Sorry, not possible.

@bjoen what other plugins have?

17. Offline

vlado2portos

Hmm I thought so, however it doesn't looks like it do, it did one version before this one, but seems to ignore permissions, ( permissions plug-in didn't change ). only users in ops.txt can use jail commands which is useless for me as all is running on permissions on my server.

I'm not sure if anybody is facing same issue as me... :-/

In any case plug-in is great, any chance of the last version to be still somewhere ? :D

18. Offline

adde

bugged on mine, i jailed my self for a test and it said i got 30 min extra in jail x50 or something... please help??

19. Offline

matejdro

Oops, i screwed up permissions detection. Uploaded new fixed version right now. Thanks for reminder, vlado2portos.

@adde is your teleport inside jail cuboid? This is probably caused by making too small jail or having teleport point outside of jail cuboid.

20. Offline

woodzy

[​IMG]

DUDE SWEET JAIL!!!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  21. Offline

vlado2portos

Thanks matejdro you are the man ! seems like its working now, Co0kies is now happy ( he is from my server ) he can run his penitentiary :cool:

22. Offline

andrewkm

just went from 0.5.4 to 0.5.5
    /jailclearforce doesnt work anymore...
    Used to clean database....now it doesnt work.
    I have one player stuck in database who is offline and it has (0min) beside him. Im trying to clear whole database and it is not working.

Used to work in 0.5.4 :(
    My build is [556].
    Somehow help...

23. Offline

bjoen

yeah i know .... i try to mark the blocks but after i typed /jailcreate [jailname]

this works in beta 1.3 right?

24. in the config file i set place block protection to true and I CAN STILL BUILD INTHE JAIL i cant destroy after i place the object but i can still build inside :confused: is this a bug or what?

25. Offline

Liger_XT5

Just thought of a small feature. If the server has, let's say iConomy, the person jailed can pay a LARGE amount to be released sooner, set by the person banning them. It a setting could allow the jailed person, or someone outside, to pay for the release.

26. Offline

Yuushi

Code:
      at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:271)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleportTo(CraftPlayer.java:173)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.JailPlayerPrevent.onPlayerMove(JailPlayerPrevent.java:78)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.JailPlayerPrevent.onPlayerTeleport(JailPlayerPrevent.java:90)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$8.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:197)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.JailPlayerPrevent.onPlayerMove(JailPlayerPrevent.java:78)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.jail.JailPlayerPrevent.onPlayerTeleport(JailPlayerPrevent.java:90)

Bukkit 556 with newest Jail version.

This happened when testing jailing myself, then deleting a jail. I got sent to another jail on the server, where the chunk would load? so I relogged, unjailed myself and everything was fine until I jailed myself again while already in the jail. This was spammed pretty much any move I made, until I unjailed myself. Though it was spamming up the console with all of this, everything worked perfectly fine. :]

Just.. 36MB log file in a few hours is crazy

27. Offline

Maluzis

I have a problem. I put the server version bukkit 440th The server is a VPS. This pluginworks as expected, when I put it as localhost. However, when I turn the server on myVPS server plugin works differently than it should. All the time change my jail.properitiesto the basic state. Despite the option to change, update, combinations - all the same.Whenever changing something in the settings file after the server everything is business as usual - no changes are made​​. This is true only for this plugin. The rest works as expected.

(sorry for bad language)

28. Offline

Ascensiam

So, i have lib folder (SQLLite) together with bukkit

jail is in plugins, and i have not downloaded permissions

server runs fine, all other plugins runs fine, nothing happens when i right click with wooden sword.

29. Offline

Sam Lucas

Can you make it so a player's inventory is deleted upon being sent to jail?

30. Offline

Co0kies

@Co0kies

1) what is the real point in this command? If edit function will be added, then it will be probably locked to admins. To prevent accidentall editing?

I am a moderator on our server and we have many plugins, so eg. superpickaxe (not for users),.. i can just delete any block and no permissions (no permision of any plugin) can stop me at all (so by mistake i broke something and cant undo that) , but then when i want to put back the block, the persmissions (jail plugin) do not allow it, it just say i can put there a block .
    Or another example , The Jail is created, and I forgot to put there a torch, or flower, so i need to turn it off for a while (Its only for admin/moderator). To be able quickly fix or add or delete something in the cell.​

31. Offline

Deiza

doesnt work for me wen making a new jail,it doesnt select it, i am using mcMMO if that makes a difference.
    please help
    ~Thanks