[ADMN]Nicogeban 0.2 - Filter nicknames on join, kick bad names [928]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nicogeta, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Nicogeta

Nicogeban - A small plugin to filter nicknames:

Version: v0.2 This plugin filter nicknames and kick players on join if there is a special character
    or a space character in the nickname or if the nickname length is not long enough.

Features:
    • Kicks players if special characters/space characters
    • Permission node to let a friend connect if he his nickname is bad
    • Set the minimum length of nicknames and reload
    • Reload the config file in game, no need to restart the server to apply changes
    Permission node:
    Download:

ver 0.2

Installation:
    Put the jar in the plugin folder.
    Default setting for nickname length is 6, you can modify that in plugins/Nicogeban and edit the config.properties
    Right click on the file and edit with notepad/notepadd++/...
    You have to replace the "6" by the minimum length you want.

Source Code:
    https://github.com/Nicogeta/Nicogeban
    And in the jar.

TO DO:
    - Add a file to set not allowed words for nicknames.

Changelog:

Version 0.2
    • Filter by the nickname length and special characters now
    • Configuration file for nickname length
    • Command to reload the config file In Game

Version 0.1
    • Release

2. Offline

CoolBeansClan

omg thank you. Just thought of another addon that would be usefull. Maybe an IPChecker of some sort. Cause a lot of people are joining with mine and my friend's Accounts(Because they are using the cracked Versions), and are either opping themselves, or others, or whatever the case may be, its not good.

Thanks for the plugin, I'll test it tomorrow when I get home from school.

3. Offline

Nazerb

BUY THE GAME THEN OMFG ITS NOT A BANK BREAKER

Edit: That may have been rude.

4. Offline

CoolBeansClan

I bought the game... but people I know don't want to spend the money, or don't have a way to pay for it. And you get more players, and a better community if you have online mode off. But you do also get those people that think its ok to log onto someone else's. So personally, I would find it more convenient to have plugins that limit possibilities... That's kind of what they are for anyway =O

5. Offline

spunkiie

Please add a min lenght for nicks.

TY

6. Offline

Nicogeta

Done :)

It's not the right place to talk about that. But, please, try to convince your friends to buy Minecraft :) Minecraft is a great game, it's not that expensive, and they can have the final release for free if they buy it now.

About the protection idea, i thought about that, there are some possibilities, but, the IP is not the best choice, 'cause some players have dynamic IP, so ~~ Register names is not a good idea if someone can steal a nickname (i don't know how the offline mode works, i didn't know that you could have special chars in your nick before your request^^).
    The better choice, i think, is a password you have to type with a command, like /pass password. I don't know what's the best way to do something like that, the safest way ~~ I'll see about that.

7. Offline

shatteredbeam

Use online mode and the server won't let them join. If you bought the game, you can join on your own without a problem. If you didn't, shame on you.

in server.properties there's online, set it it to true.

8. Offline

Brody Romhanyi

so can this mod change your name?? like the name above your head? for other ppl to see

9. Offline

Nicogeta

Nope, it will check the nickname length, if it's smaller than what you want, the player will be kick on join. And, if the nickname contains special characters or a space char, it will kick on join too.

10. Offline

skullagepk

how do u nickname your self what command do u use?