Inactive [ADMN] LightWeightWhitelist [1.3.1-R2.0] (PermissionsEx)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nichiatu, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Offline

nichiatu

LightWeightWhitelist has a dev.bukkit.org page
    LightWeightWhitelist is a plugin I've mainly developed for my own use, but figured since there aren't any like it (as far as I can tell), I'd just upload it.​
    It works solely from just one simple permission node in PermissionsEx​
    lww.whitelisted

The reason why this is better than most other whitelist plugins, is that it hooks directly in with PermissionsEx. To whitelist a user or an entire group, simply add the permission node​
    lww.whitelisted
    There are no commands, only one config file with two properties you can change freely.​
    One of the properties is the kick message the player will recieve when he doesn't have the required permission.​
    The other property lets you change the main permission node, so you can have it whatever you want, like just: whitelisted.​

2. Offline

Deleted user

1. No commands list on BukkitDev or here.
    2. Tell us more about your plugin! The vanilla whitelist I find is already fast enough...
    3. [ADMN] instead of [ADMIN-TOOL] (yes, there's no I).

3. Offline

nichiatu

Thanks! Updated the main thread a little. I can't change the title, though.

4. Offline

Deleted user

5. Offline

nichiatu

Done!

6. Offline

Deleted user

1. [ADMN], not [ADMIN].
    2. I still don't see the command for whitelisting that's supposedly easier...

7. Offline

kittenchunks

Nice work man -[diamond]

8. Offline

nichiatu

There's no command for whitelisting, you whitelist by doing the PermissionsEx command /pex group/user <group/user> add <permission.node>.

9. Offline

Deleted user

Whitelisting is done with /whitelist add <name>.
    ._."

10. Offline

nichiatu

Yep, but it's not easy to automate it through SQL!

11. Offline

Lolmewn

And this is?

Deleted user likes this.
  12. Offline

nichiatu

Yes, as you just need to make a database for PermissionsEx and then add the permission node to the table for permissions. Then you can have a web interface that inserts the information that you need in order to whitelist the player

13. Offline

Lolmewn

I'm gonna face palm now.

14. Offline

nichiatu

What's your deal?

15. Offline

Lolmewn

Your plugin doesn't support SQL. PEX does. Besides, why only support pex, while there are sooo many permissions plugins out there?

16. Offline

nichiatu

Because I made it, primarily, for myself to use with PEX. I also never stated that my plugin supported SQL (english ain't my first language, which might be the reason why you're not getting what I mean).

My point being, that I made LWW for use on my own server, which is why I'm not (yet) supporting any of the other major permissions plugins.

17. Offline

Lolmewn

Then I don't see the point of releasing it at all. I have lots of plugins made, only 5 or so released.

18. Offline

nichiatu

I.. whatever, man. If you have a sandy vagina, don't let it out on me.

19. Offline

Lolmewn

Don't see what sandy vaginas have to do with it, but k.

20. Offline

nichiatu

Source

Anyway, I don't like this flame-war, so I'll stop here. If you really have a complaint about the plugin, ask a mod to remove it or something.