Inactive [ADMN/GEN/INFO/TP/RPG] MyWorlds v1.48 - Multi-world plugin with a touch [2320]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bergerkiller, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

bergerkiller

[​IMG]

You may wonder, why so many tags? Well, that is because this plugin simply contains a lot of features that fall under those tags! I originally made (parts of) this plugin for our server, but it proofed to be a 'publishable' plugin as well. :)

Description

This plugin features everything related to worlds. Features:
    • Load, unload, copy, delete, save and create worlds
    • Show information of worlds and list available chunk generators and worlds
    • Set world game mode, difficulty, time, weather, autosaving, PvP
    • Set world mob spawn restrictions
    • Evacuate worlds to clear them from players
    • Repair broken worlds to some extend
    • Make portals cross-world, one-way, simple, no commands needed
    • World-specific chat rooms using permissions
    • Automatically load worlds when the server starts and persistent settings
    • Extensive permission system, you can even set who can enter what world
    • Can act as a tool for other plugins to teleport players from one world to the other
    • Simple teleportation commands
    • Set OP lists for specific worlds to make players operator on certain worlds
    • Easy-to-remember commands: with aliases and chat-message help
    A nice tutorial by FrozdY

BukkitDev page

For configuration, commands, etc, look on the BukkitDev page under Links.
    All documentation pages are now on Bukkit Dev.

Known bugs:
    - None
    Disclaimer (because things CAN go wrong)

I am not responsible for world damages done by this plugin or by certain commands this plugin performs. If you, for example, loaded 20 worlds and hosted it on a buggy computer with 30 players, odds are the server (and your computer) will crash and worlds become corrupted. Repair can fix worlds, but this does not recover damaged chunks, so don't think you are always covered. Also, never forget to make backups of your worlds, but I guess this is common sense...

FAQ:
    - Different inventories per world? No, you can use World Inventories for that.
    - Or try MultiInv while it is still maintained.
    - Repair ruined your world? Backup of region files can be found in the region folder, simply restore.

Important links:

Download the MyWorlds.jar from GitHub
    Look at the source at GitHub
    BukkitDev page

Changelog

Show your appreciation for my plugins by donating
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

Levy03

please fix the wiki page, i need the permissions for pvp

3. Offline

Nekuroi

4. Offline

bergerkiller

Nekuroi looks like it didn't manage to load the inventories properly, I see a lot of duplicates...

5. Offline

Levy03

this plugin isnt very good, the portals dont work after the chunk that the portal is in unloads, and all the world settings that i work very hard on get screwed up half of the time. [ex.] the pvp turns off and on randomly. if you could tell me how to fix this or update it so it doesnt happen that would be great.

6. Offline

delbert

can someone post the commands the link to the wiki is broken because the page was removed

7. Offline

bergerkiller

Levy03: Working on it, but everything does take pretty long because most of my dev time goes to Spout development. Most plugins of mine need to be converted to that server as well, because CraftBukkit simply isn't going to last long...and MyWorlds is one of those plugins that could use a firm rewrite. It's what you get when you keep adding features to something and then find out the core is so overly complicated it becomes a mess getting around it...

delbert: I have no idea why they removed the page...maybe because it wasn't updated enough. All commands have an almost identical permission, so if you need to know the commands, open up 'PermissionDefault.yml' in the plugin folder and look for the command. permissions. The same commands are there.
    Show Spoiler
    /world, /mw or /myworld followed up by:
    time (t)
    weather (w)
    inventory (inv)
    create
    load
    unload
    setspawnloaded (keepspawnloaded)
    togglepvp (tpvp / pvp)
    config (load/save)
    listgenerators (listgen)
    allowspawn / denyspawn
    setportal
    info and list
    copy and delete
    gamemode (gm)
    spawn and teleport (or /tpp)

8. Offline

bergerkiller

I restored the MyWorlds docu pages from the WIKI and ported them over to Bukkit Dev. They can now be found there instead. I dislike the table formatting and the lack of newlines, but I guess I have no other choice. Alternative was the Minecraft WIKI, but not sure if they are next to delete all plugin-related pages...

9. Offline

iSeven77

this doesnt work for CB # 2236 + ? i like this plugin alot THANKS :)

10. Offline

bergerkiller

iSeven77 Unless 2236 is a completely new recommended build major (4.0 or something), it will still work. There is not much that can break between builds for MyWorlds other than field changes when Mojang comes up with an update.

11. I'm having a problem. Everytime I shut off my server and reload it, I get a message saying; [WORLDNAME]'s data has been wiped! Resetting data..." or something along those lines. Every time I log onto my server, I need to load the world again. The world is "The Survival Game V.1.4", and all my other portals/worlds are working fine. Here is my worlds.yml....

http://pastebin.com/GHnBwhVk

Plus, everytime I turn off my server, the only setting thats tinkered in the .yml is the loaded: false part under the world thats troubling me.

12. Offline

bergerkiller

MexicanaInMexico Yaml is having problems with that '.' in the name of the world. Remove the v.1.4 bit, or use v14.

13. Offline

mcpixx

It would also be cool if you could add support for a portal plugin, so you don't have to use the command all the time...

14. Offline

osum54

when i set spawn in places it faces me the wrong way can you fix that :)

15. Offline

bergerkiller

mcpixx Afraid not many people are making new plugins at these times, but yes, one central portal providing plugin would be very nice. Instead you will have to do with sign-based portals under the ground...

osum54 Originally a world spawn has no rotation, that is why world teleport commands provided by others will not spawn you facing into the right direction. AFAIK only the /world teleport or /tpp commands will get you in the right direction. Not sure of portals teleporting to worlds, though.

16. Offline

mcpixx

Oh yeah, I got this plugin called TravelPortals, and I made an underground portal area, here's a picture of the portals, it's pretty cool:
    2012-07-02_08.37.54.png 2012-07-02_08.38.01.png

17. Offline

bergerkiller

mcpixx looks very nice, does it use water to teleport players? The internals look a bit like liquid. :)

18. Offline

mcpixx

It does, it is actually pretty cool and very useful :cool:

19. Offline

Levy03

bergerkiller im sorry about what i said, it is a fairly decent plugin, as i am learning java myself i am realizing how hard it must be for plugin developers. although i cant say that i still use the plugin. i hope you fix all the bugs and best of luck!

20. Offline

bergerkiller

Levy03 no problem, I am used to handling these things btw. The issue arises when you start a plugin and people scream 'moar' and you end up with a total bunch of everything everywhere. When porting to Spout I will make sure to rewrite it and make a proper API for it all. Something I can't do now and which is a bit useless for a server that will be discarded in the end....

21. Offline

Levy03

bergerkiller, its good that you know what your doing :p haha. and i know the feeling of everyone wanting more, good luck and i hope everything turns out perfect!

22. Offline

st1nc

Hello. In the nether world is running through this plug-in, there are friezes and lower fps.
    Total running two of the world, the main and nether world. If you run the world through a regular plug-in that such problems are observed.
    Can you help with a solution to this problem?

23. Offline

bergerkiller

st1nc worlds actually don't 'run' through a plugin, they run on the server. Tick rate drops/server freezes (short period I assume?) can be caused by many things, but in your case I think it is the world spawn. Make sure the world spawn is kept loaded, so that new players don't end up loading 411 chunks in one go. (chunk loads are often the cause)

24. Offline

xjp911407

hm....
    I am a server from Taiwan.
    I want to ask a question.
    When my client enter the different world,and the blocks can't carry on these blocks.
    For example, 1st world 2nd world
    I keep the sword enter the 2nd world from 1st.
    but in 2nd world,there is no sword in my bag.
    How can I do to carry on the sword??
    config?? or default....
    Sorry my English is'nt good = =!!

25. Offline

123ran1

every time i restart my server i have to remake all the portals because it says that there is no portal

and nothing saves into portals.txt can someone help please?

you can use the MultiInv plugin and in the groups.yml file that it creates you put the name of the world you want to share inventories with

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  26. Offline

xjp911407

thank for your reply

27. Offline

mcpixx

How do I change a world map if I made the world with MyWorlds?

28. Offline

Geoneo97

HELP
    when i reload or ingame the command /reload
    my server the configs
    Difficult , iventory merge etc
    lost and will not be saved

29. Offline

phanaticd

checking this twice a day for 1.3 update

30. Offline

puffnuget

When I setup split inventories for a world if my players use something like /home they will SOMETIMES have their creative inv. Is there a way that we could set it up to block commands?

31. Offline

zippedfire

It is possible to create FLAT worlds with the /world create command ?