Inactive [ADMN/GEN/INFO/TP/RPG] MyWorlds v1.48 - Multi-world plugin with a touch [2320]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bergerkiller, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

bergerkiller

[​IMG]

You may wonder, why so many tags? Well, that is because this plugin simply contains a lot of features that fall under those tags! I originally made (parts of) this plugin for our server, but it proofed to be a 'publishable' plugin as well. :)

Description

This plugin features everything related to worlds. Features:
    • Load, unload, copy, delete, save and create worlds
    • Show information of worlds and list available chunk generators and worlds
    • Set world game mode, difficulty, time, weather, autosaving, PvP
    • Set world mob spawn restrictions
    • Evacuate worlds to clear them from players
    • Repair broken worlds to some extend
    • Make portals cross-world, one-way, simple, no commands needed
    • World-specific chat rooms using permissions
    • Automatically load worlds when the server starts and persistent settings
    • Extensive permission system, you can even set who can enter what world
    • Can act as a tool for other plugins to teleport players from one world to the other
    • Simple teleportation commands
    • Set OP lists for specific worlds to make players operator on certain worlds
    • Easy-to-remember commands: with aliases and chat-message help
    A nice tutorial by FrozdY

BukkitDev page

For configuration, commands, etc, look on the BukkitDev page under Links.
    All documentation pages are now on Bukkit Dev.

Known bugs:
    - None
    Disclaimer (because things CAN go wrong)

I am not responsible for world damages done by this plugin or by certain commands this plugin performs. If you, for example, loaded 20 worlds and hosted it on a buggy computer with 30 players, odds are the server (and your computer) will crash and worlds become corrupted. Repair can fix worlds, but this does not recover damaged chunks, so don't think you are always covered. Also, never forget to make backups of your worlds, but I guess this is common sense...

FAQ:
    - Different inventories per world? No, you can use World Inventories for that.
    - Or try MultiInv while it is still maintained.
    - Repair ruined your world? Backup of region files can be found in the region folder, simply restore.

Important links:

Download the MyWorlds.jar from GitHub
    Look at the source at GitHub
    BukkitDev page

Changelog

Show your appreciation for my plugins by donating
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

bergerkiller

@MizLiv wait for 1.12, it uses a new saving system. Also, make sure you stop the server using /stop, not close the window.

3. Offline

cmastudios

Oh yeah with my problem earlier sometimes just sometimes I get an exception from WorldGuard: Could not pass event CREATURE_SPAWN to WorldGuard. I tried removing WorldGuard and reloading it but I still spawn dead. Everything works though if i do /tpp world_nether or even /tpp world_skylands but the skylands are managed by the DreamLand plugin and the nether is automatically there. I get the same spawning dead error even if I use the plugin MultiWorld (new world generated with it).

4. Offline

bergerkiller

@cmastudios same here, it's probably a WorldGuard issue. Had that before MyWorlds too. :)
    Also, updated to v1.12, see changelog for changes.

5. Offline

MizLiv

Please release 1.12 soon! <3

6. Offline

bergerkiller

@MizLiv but.. it is released D:

7. Offline

suicydking

Alright bergerkiller, I can confirm that portals are definitely still being removed by the server. Last night, three portals were removed simultaneously. They were all located in the same room. The room was my server's main portal hub, and the three removed were the only portals in that particular room. I would assume that they were all located in the same chunk.

What's interesting is that once again the portals.txt still had them listed right up until I restarted the server. After that, they disappeared from portals.txt. The portals were not showing when I did /world portals, even when portals.txt still had them listed.

I was able to restore functionality to the portals by manually editing portals.txt with copied text from the version of the file that still had them listed. However, the portals are inevitably removed by the server again at a later time.

The lifespan of most of the portals is never longer than a few hours. I've yet to have one play session where none of the portals get removed by the server. There are only two portals that have never once been removed by the server, and those are the two demonstration portals I built right outside of our main base which are about as far apart as the ones in your demo video.

8. Offline

bergerkiller

@suicydking then I have no other option but to remove the auto removal of unfindable portals. Do note that portals will still be removed if you use /tpp and the portal is not found.

Any suggestions before I upload 1.13?

Also, portals/settings are saved when disabling/closing the server. This so you could restore data if something goes wrong, you never know.

EDIT

Updated it. Auto-removal in chunk load is removed. The only possible way for portals to become removed, is if you place a portal/waterstream near a removed portal and enter it.

9. Offline

suicydking

Ahh, so that's why they were still showing in portals.txt. I actually used that to restore my portals, without knowing that's what you had intended. Thanks for that feature, it worked!

Now as for your proposed fix, what will happen if I walk into a portal who's destination is "unfindable" but hasn't been removed by server? Out of curiosity, what do you believe is making the portals unfindable/removed anyway? Is it a chunk loading issue? I'm almost positive I've had portals removed while someone was standing in front of them, so I would think the chunk would have been loaded at the time that it occurred.

Again, thanks for your hard work. You're obviously dedicated to getting your plugin to work, and I appreciate it!

10. Offline

bergerkiller

@suicydking I have seen a case where block locations 'invalidated' when a chunk was just loaded. I suspect that is the case here, although it is odd. I tested it (of course), and this is what happens:
    Also, /tpp will still teleport you to that portal even if it's gone. This only happens if you want to read the portal sign to get the destination, as is the case when entering a portal block.

11. Offline

suicydking

I have noticed some lines in console that refer to missing entities:

Is that possibly a reference to [portal] signs not loading?

12. Offline

bergerkiller

@suicydking yup, but it's an internal error...so NO idea what is going on...

13. Offline

MizLiv

Oh, lol I didn't see your post. This fixes the PvP resetting stuff right?!

14. Offline

bergerkiller

@MizLiv yup, pvp is now a property in the worlds.yml for the world.

Do note that you must use /stop or /reload to propertly close the plugin, or settings won't be saved!

15. Offline

MizLiv

OK, Thanks! I reeealy love this plugin <3

16. Offline

tygorton

Awesome plugin! Everything works perfectly on first attempt. You'll be receiving a donation from modcow.com this week! Won't be a lot, but it'll be something. Much appreciation.

17. Offline

ledhead900

Code:
    2011-10-04 00:18:44 [INFO] [MyWorlds] Using build-in 'Bukkit SuperPerms' as permissions plugin!
    2011-10-04 00:18:44 [INFO] [MyWorlds] Loading or creating world: 'space' using seed 0 and chunk generator: 'BananaSpace:planets'
    2011-10-04 00:18:44 [WARNING] [MyWorlds] Operation failed after 4 retries!
    2011-10-04 00:18:44 [SEVERE] [MyWorlds] Failed to (pre)load world: space
    2011-10-04 00:18:44 [INFO] [MyWorlds] Successfully bound variable to region file cache.
    2011-10-04 00:18:44 [INFO] [MyWorlds] File references to unloaded worlds will be cleared!
    2011-10-04 00:18:44 [INFO] [MyWorlds] version 1.13 is enabled
    um ? I removed the worlds in the bananaspace plugin so it would not auto generate on startup then I logged into server and created the world.

PHP:
    earth:

loadedtrue
        environment
    NORMAL
        pvp
    true
        gamemode
    CREATIVE
        deniedCreatures
    : []

holdWeatherfalse
        keepSpawnLoaded
    true
    space
    :

gamemodeCREATIVE
        chunkGenerator
    BananaSpace:planets
        holdWeather
    false
        loaded
    true
        environment
    NORMAL
        pvp
    false
        keepSpawnLoaded
    false
        deniedCreatures
    : []

18. Offline

bergerkiller

@ledhead900 does loading the world in-game work? There are many reasons why a world fails to load, such as no file access, missing or corrupted files, more. (?)

I'll add some more debug messages in there notifying why a world couldn't be loaded. (only the last exception thrown at the 5th attempt)

19. Offline

ledhead900

World loads and plays fine shows up as loaded in the list and everything. had to do the way I did or I would die when spawning to it even in creative mode. Again it suffers the same fate as my other world where mobs wont spawn at all, yet If I let the generator handle the creation on first run then manually add the generator:ID in the config for that world mobs spawn fine.

20. Offline

bergerkiller

@ledhead900 then it's a chunk generator issue. When changing that value in the worlds.yml it doesn't change the world, you need to use /reload to do that. For now, kinda busy with NoLagg, I'll look into BananaSpace later on

21. Offline

ledhead900

I shutdown the server to added the config value, I could spawn to it fine but upon arrival I would appear to suffocate and die in about 2s of being on the world during that time I could move around and see the generation fine.

22. Offline

Valdifer

i look forward to the update for 1240 :D this is a nice plugin

Grettings

23. Offline

bergerkiller

@Valdifer The 1185 version works for 1240, but it does use a deprecated function to create worlds. I'll update, but 1185 people will need to update their CB or world creation will fail. I'll keep the old 1185 version available.

EDIT

Updated, minor changes for 1240.

24. Offline

FourThunders

Great plugin Berger. I have one little issue I wanted to ask about. Currently I'm only using two worlds, my default one(Creative) and second one I created recently(Survival/PVP). I've set spawns in both worlds, but if someone goes to the Survival world and dies, they automatically respawn back in the Creative world, and their gamemode remains Survival. I'm trying to figure out how to set it up to force them to respawn in the world they were originally in, respectively. How would I go about doing this?

25. Offline

bergerkiller

@FourThunders this is actually just the issue that needs fixing globally. Everwhere the main world is used to store player data, thus the respawn point is there. It's a good point, didn't really think of that yet.

You could use onPlayerTeleport to figure it out. Not sure if it exists, but maybe onPlayerRespawn.

26. Offline

FourThunders

Thank you for the quick response. I'm not familiar with editing parts of script. Where would I locate onPlayerRespawn?

27. Offline

bergerkiller

@FourThunders PlayerListener, override the event, register it in onEnable. Also, if you have no Java language...don't start at it. :)

(You can always ask ME to implement a world option to teleport players to the world spawn of the world they died in)

28. Offline

Valdifer

:eek: update =) I'll try

Plugin did not know that some older versions work in the new version.

It is also I am new to servers and even bukkit Minecraft with things that are not there. Thanks anyway

And sry for my english, i use google trans ;/

Grettings

29. Offline

Lunalux

i got a little problem
    if i type /world listgenerators
    the server only says
    Available chunk generators:

he dont list anything
    so how i should know what he can make? :(

30. Offline

bergerkiller

@Lunalux install a custom chunk generator - adding- plugin, then these will be added to the list.

All MyWorlds does, is go by all plugins and check if it overrides the 'getDefaultWorldGenerator' function. Proven pretty solid till now. :)

31. Offline

ledhead900

Please implement this fix for so it is ready for 1.9, I just assumed every world manager had that ability.

P.S this is me asking.