Inactive [ADMN/GEN/INFO/TP/RPG] MyWorlds v1.48 - Multi-world plugin with a touch [2320]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bergerkiller, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

bergerkiller

[​IMG]

You may wonder, why so many tags? Well, that is because this plugin simply contains a lot of features that fall under those tags! I originally made (parts of) this plugin for our server, but it proofed to be a 'publishable' plugin as well. :)

Description

This plugin features everything related to worlds. Features:
    • Load, unload, copy, delete, save and create worlds
    • Show information of worlds and list available chunk generators and worlds
    • Set world game mode, difficulty, time, weather, autosaving, PvP
    • Set world mob spawn restrictions
    • Evacuate worlds to clear them from players
    • Repair broken worlds to some extend
    • Make portals cross-world, one-way, simple, no commands needed
    • World-specific chat rooms using permissions
    • Automatically load worlds when the server starts and persistent settings
    • Extensive permission system, you can even set who can enter what world
    • Can act as a tool for other plugins to teleport players from one world to the other
    • Simple teleportation commands
    • Set OP lists for specific worlds to make players operator on certain worlds
    • Easy-to-remember commands: with aliases and chat-message help
    A nice tutorial by FrozdY

BukkitDev page

For configuration, commands, etc, look on the BukkitDev page under Links.
    All documentation pages are now on Bukkit Dev.

Known bugs:
    - None
    Disclaimer (because things CAN go wrong)

I am not responsible for world damages done by this plugin or by certain commands this plugin performs. If you, for example, loaded 20 worlds and hosted it on a buggy computer with 30 players, odds are the server (and your computer) will crash and worlds become corrupted. Repair can fix worlds, but this does not recover damaged chunks, so don't think you are always covered. Also, never forget to make backups of your worlds, but I guess this is common sense...

FAQ:
    - Different inventories per world? No, you can use World Inventories for that.
    - Or try MultiInv while it is still maintained.
    - Repair ruined your world? Backup of region files can be found in the region folder, simply restore.

Important links:

Download the MyWorlds.jar from GitHub
    Look at the source at GitHub
    BukkitDev page

Changelog

Show your appreciation for my plugins by donating
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

ledhead900

I don't know really I just tried to show you how it did it, as in the red text you can see another person join and it fires it again.

It was quite random when it actually fired that error, We were in creative mode tho. Also did not notice the other people pasting the error :s forgive me it is 2am in my timezone currently.

3. Offline

bergerkiller

Aw well I made a separate project called 'NoLaggChunks' and this one will handle the special (Spout-requiring) chunk algorithm. Now removing some old coding from Nolagg and porting it over.

4. Offline

ledhead900

I see and is this one fixed/will be with out the spout issues. Also what did you think of my Ghost mob's they sure left me scratching head.

5. Offline

bergerkiller

@ledhead900 could it be that the mob spawn restriction (either NoLagg or MyWorlds) removed them after the updateInterval that is used? (around 1 second by default)

6. Offline

ledhead900

oooo I did not even think of that, What setting do u think is a good one for mobs to be flushed. If possible I would prefer to only flush hostile mobs leaving the animals behind, Since I can control how many max animals there can be I can limit the persistence getting out of hand.

7. Offline

bergerkiller

Well mobs are normally removed during the spawn event, if this fails a scheduled task takes it over and removes the mobs after a set delay. Note that MyWorlds restriction needs some rework, since it also restricts custom-spawned mobs.

I say every 20 ticks is a nice update interval, do note that during this call other things are handled too.

8. Offline

ledhead900

That's the default update interval and I am using it, I added a post on the Nolagg thread as this thread is for Myworlds and I rather not soil it with other plugins questions. In any case the Mob issue I have is under the default update interval rate.

9. Offline

bergerkiller

Back to MyWorlds: it loaded it's first custom chunk generated world. It also stores this file so it can easily get the generator the next time it runs.

After executing:
    A world with name 'testplot' was made using InfinitePlots and the seed testplotz. After reloading the following was displayed in the config.yml:
    Code:
    testplot:
        gamemode: none
        chunkGenerator: 'InfinitePlots:'
        holdWeather: false
        loaded: true
        environment: NORMAL
        pvp: false
    After restarting the server the correct chunk generator was used. Using /world gen you can see all chunk generator plugins available. It only shows those that actually add a chunk generator. :)

10. Offline

ncurley999

That's awesome, thanks for the heads up! I've been looking and the config file aand maybe I'm just dense but I'm not sure how to make the world load on startup. Is it a different config.yml than the one in plugins/My Worlds?

11. Offline

bergerkiller

It's in the version which is not yet uploaded. It is 99% ready, even added Spout meta data file reference removal, and everything 100% persistent. But need to catch bugs before they occur at populated servers, because no one likes corrupted worlds...

Anyway: you can now match generators and list them. World create format:
    Code:
    /world create worldname:genname:genid (seed)
    /world create worldname:genname (seed)
    /world create worldname (seed)
    Of course the nether/skylands/normal environment system in the name still applies. So if you have a chunk generator which is made for the nether, you do this:
    Code:
    /world create mycity_nether:NetherCity:large NetherCitySeedPeople
    Where NetherCity is the generator plugin name (probably doesn't exist, I made it up), large is the id to be passed to the generator. In the worlds.config this generator is stored. ONLY if this generator is present will the world get loaded, this is a safety feature to prevent worlds from corrupting. The generator name in the worlds.yml is not matched, it needs to be precise. Matching happens when you execute the command.

Will update in a few minutes...Updated

12. Offline

suicydking

Thanks, bergerkiller! I'll be testing this as soon as I can. I'll let you know if any portals get removed.

13. Offline

ledhead900

@bergerkiller
    Is there a method to unload the chunks when no players on the world?, Like Multiverse's Keepspawnloaded:true/false

That saved me like 400mbs of ram on my main server. Yea I swapped out MV today going to give this a good run on both test server and this make sure the generation works on the test server and see what I can do with it on the mains sever.

14. Offline

bergerkiller

@ledhead900 400 mb? Really...? :O
    I'll see if I can add a toggling feature in it then. (I will make it global though, world-specific is not needed)

15. Offline

ledhead900

Yea it was not surprising to me considering that chunks stay loaded for sometime after users leave, But not with the setting MV had as it forced an unload the chunks when the world had zero users thus freeing the ram they used. It won't do so much on a test server but on a main server with at least 3 worlds the savings add up esp in low ram situations.

16. Offline

suicydking

I installed the new version yesterday. Seems portals are a lot more stable, but the server did remove a few last night after I logged off. It may be because of one of my players mucking things up, I wasn't there to see, but it was in the console log this morning. Oddly enough, portals.txt still had them listed, but doing /world portals in chat did not show them in the list.

Another thing that's happening is that my world is showing as not being loaded in the console when the server is restarted.
    It's the only map on my server right now, and worlds.yml shows it as "loaded: true" whenever I check. I'm able to log in and play on my map, but I'm concerned about why it's showing what it does in console every time I restart the server.

Thanks for all your hard work, berger.

17. Offline

cmastudios

I created a survival world with the plugin and /tpp'd to it. I fell in the void, died and was teleported back to the spawn in the main world. Now every time i try to /tpp to survival, i am dead and i hit respawn and go right back to the main world.
    The server's plugins:
    [​IMG]

18. Offline

bergerkiller

@suicydking it checks if the level.dat is present. Try saving the world and see if it works out, or simply stop and start the server to save it.

@cmastudios not sure what was happening, could it be some sort of lag? Other than loading and creating worlds (through Bukkit) nothing is done to the world while the plugin runs.

(Except for locked time and spawn limits)

19. Offline

mattsops

is there a type of environment that is just a flat landscape thanks

20. Offline

jespertheend

There's some guy who has it's own worlds, but he wants everyone to be in survival, exept for him. I don't want to op him, cause I can't trust him really.
    Can you add a feature of having only certain people to be in creative in a chosen world.

21. Offline

Lexance

theres one mor bug i think...
    i'm running the bukkit version 1185 and the actual permissionex. thats it.

so, when i try to create a world with a seed, it ignore my seed. but the command is ok?
    Code:
    /world create test -8320668148713193150
    please help me :(

22. Offline

bergerkiller

@jesperttheend Well the gamemode is only applied to players whenever they change worlds, not 24/7 while they are in the world. Since MyWorlds is a world-specific plugin, I won't add it as player-specific. There has to be some sort of plugin available that can change the gamemode player-specific. CommandBook / FalseBook?

@Lexance That is weird...I added string -> long parsing so it would read the actual seed value then...I'll look at it once more. :)

EDIT
    Yup, this is obviously wrong. Let me take another firm look at it...

EDIT2

Ok spotted the error, thanks for reporting! A space was added after the seed String in onCommand, causing the 'parse long' function to fail.

23. Offline

Lexance

Haha okay^^
    pleaseeee fix that asap! ... because your plugin is actually the best and the only working.... :)

by the way: maybe you can help me once more...
    i tried to import my world from my windows singeplayer into the bukkit server an load it with /world load, but it always failed...
    i tried to import in the normal, original minecraft server and it worked...
    do you now what i've done wrong?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  24. Offline

bergerkiller

@Lexance could it be that the world format is the old format? It is likely that MyWorlds doesn't detect the world as an actual world, because it doesn't contain a level.dat file. (although the old version DOES contain it)

Other than that, try using /world list and check if the world is available there.

On a sidenote:
    - Fixed the seed ignore issue
    - Added 'keep spawn in memory' toggler
    - Redstone torches are saved from internal burnout when changing times

Todo:
    - Redstone repeaters failing after world time changes...

Lexance likes this.
  25. Offline

Lexance

@bergerkiller no its the actual version.. so i think its the new format..

is the fix already online? :D

26. Offline

bergerkiller

@Lexance not yet, gotto find a way to load and create worlds async. It's not really nice to stall the server and possibly kick everyone in it.

EDIT

Almost there. I got worlds to load Async, only need proper 'finished!' message. Percentage is already working.

27. Offline

Jaspah

Is there any way to make it so that I can simply switch worlds using a command, and the server remembers my last location? For example, if someone needs a quick hand in world 2 I can head over there and then once I want to return I can spawn at the place I was originally in world 1 before I switched.

28. Offline

bergerkiller

@Jaspah take a look at specialized teleportation plugins, they allow a /back command to teleport back. This plugin is for worlds, so this is out of the feature list area. :)

I believe the CommandBook dev team is working on the /back feature, and I have seen /back on a server before, so it does exist.

Also, you can now create worlds without harming the server too badly! :D

Updating...

29. Offline

Jaspah

@bergerkiller

Thanks, I'll take a look at some of the teleportation plugins. Is there anything you know of the top of your head that would have this functionality?

30. Offline

bergerkiller

@Jaspah not really, CommandBook 'was going to implement it', don't know many other plugins. Try looking at the plugin list and search for tp.

Also, redstone still hating on my time machine...need to find a way to shut it up.

31. Offline

MizLiv

PvP keeps defaulting back to off. In the PvP file I have the names of the worlds, but every time the server restarts, the file becomes blank...