Inactive [ADMN/FUN] SpawnMob - Advanced mob spawning.[1.2.5 and up]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jordanneil23, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Offline

jordanneil23

[​IMG]
    MOVED TO BUKKIT DEV!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS NO LONGER WATCHED, IT WILL BE RARE TO GET A REPLY FROM ME ON THIS POST GO TO THE BUKKIT DEV PAGE TO GET HELP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a continuation of SpawnMob which was originally made/developed by xmlns.​
    Downloads
    Zip

-​
    [​IMG]
    -​
    Twitter/Donations
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    Follow SpawnMob on twitter for details on when updates will be released.
    -
    I'm not asking for a donation but if you like the plugin and feel generous click the donate button :)
    [​IMG]
    Commands and Features

On the Wiki

Mob List
    On the Wiki

Mob Kits
    On the Wiki
    Permissions
    On the Wiki
    Known Bug(s)
    On the Wiki

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

What mob? The Monster mob is currently broken. This is due to a Minecraft change and applies to all plugins that spawn mobs.

3. Offline

jespertheend

For some reason /mspawn CaveSpider doen't work

4. Offline

Harley16

why can't i type /mspawn cave_spider it won't work?

5. Offline

TheNinjaTurkey

whenever i try to spawn something it says "You must be looking at a mob spawner" and there are no mob spawners around...

6. It doesn't conflict, and its obvious from that error, that it doesn't conflict. Essentials notices another plugin has overridden spawnmob and allows it to take over.

7. Offline

blaxout1213

i cant get "/mspawn cavespider" to work while pointing at a spawner it just says "not a creture" or whatever

8. Offline

Fiddy_percent

at least when i tested it there seemed to be a small ram leak with this plugin (that I love btw) can you check and see if you get one also?

9. Offline

jespertheend

hey, I know another feautre you can add:
    Like monsterbox, saving the spawners.
    So, when you place a spawner, it spawns the same mob's as what it did when it was broken.
    And permissions doesn't work (for me).
    btw pigzombie doesn't work for /mspawn either.

You probably typed: /mspawn instead of /spawnmob
    If not, try to download the latest version.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  10. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

jordanneil: Before doing this, make sure to check the CreatureBox thread, since there was a recent change to CraftBukkit which could cause problems with this feature if you implement it the wrong way.

11. Offline

ledhead900

I noticed this plugin would not set pigzombie as well like another user said no matter how u spell it, it will think no such mob exists.

oh and

PHP:
    2011-10-05 13:58:44 [INFO] [SpoutSuccessfully authenticated ledhead900's Spoutcraft client. Running client version: 1.0.6.449
    2011-10-05 14:01:00 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to SpawnMob
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.PListener.onPlayerInteract(PListener.java:30)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:314)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:265)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:592)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 15 more 
    Appears when you right click a spawnblock in creative mode.

Craftbukkit latest 1240
    2011-10-05 14:02:31 [INFO] Plugins: AutoHelp, BorderGuard, CommandBook, EnderNerf, FalseBookBlock, FalseBookCore, FalseBookExtra, FalseBookIC, Help, LazyRoad, My Worlds, SafeFire, SignLink, SpawnMob, Spout, WorldEdit, WorldFeatures, BananaSpace, NoLagg, Train Carts

12. Offline

ledhead900

2011-10-06 17:32:39 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spawnmob' in plugin SpawnMob v1.9.8
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:358)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:757)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:722)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:715)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.CommandHandler.convertStringtoInt(CommandHandler.java:433)
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.CommandHandler.spawnCheck(CommandHandler.java:414)
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.CommandHandler.perform(CommandHandler.java:283)
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.SpawnMob.onCommand(SpawnMob.java:160)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    ... 13 more

13. Offline

jespertheend

hey,

Every time someone breaks a mob spawner I see this in my console:
    can you fix it?

14. Offline

jordanneil23

I am back (YAY) my computer is fixed and I'm ready to code. I will fix the errors, I HOPE it will only require a simple re-compile.

EDIT:
    I fixed the errors but now sheep colors don't work. (Don't you hate when a developer fixes bugs just for another bug to pop up? lol) I will release a temporary later on..
    It's the weekend and I am busy :/ so please don't complain about something not working

Tanite likes this.
  15. Offline

jordanneil23

V1.9.8_TEMPRELEASE
    This is a temp release, expect bugs and plenty of errors.
    Broke colored sheep spawning it will display "You can't use a ':' like that" this is my fault and it will be fixed in the next release.
    Slime size spawning works but will display "You can't use a ':' like that" this is my fault and it will be fixed in the next release.

16. Offline

nintendoto

Code:
    [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spawnmob' in plugin Essentials v2.6.4
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:355)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:351)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:506)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:485)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spawnmob' in plugin SpawnMob v1.9.8_TEMPRELEASE
        at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommandEssentials(Essentials.java:384)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:354)
        ... 7 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
        at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.CommandHandler.perform(CommandHandler.java:41)
        at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.SpawnMob.onCommand(SpawnMob.java:160)
        ... 10 more
    It seems I'm having an error from a few pages back. It's the conflict with Essentials' and this plugin's commands. It looks different, though. I ran "spawnmob kill slime" in the command prompt. I had... made a slime... way too big. The splitting process was so horrifying, I couldn't log in. I am using 1337.

17. Offline

rachcat4

[​IMG]
    I keep having this error every time I try to spawn a creeper. No I am not using permissions. I don't want to.

18. Offline

jordanneil23

Sorry I haven't made a full release yet, my computer broke again and I had to remove Windows and install Ubuntu since this piece of crap Emachines computer didn't come with a windows repair disk. Now back to the point, I am DEFINITELY going to release a less buggy jar sometime this week, MAYBE tonight.

19. Offline

richdaddyy89

Any chance of you making a temp. release of this for the 1.9 pre 5 bukkit? PLEASE!!! WE WANT ENDERDRAGNS SO BAD IN SMP!
    [obsidian]

20. Offline

jespertheend

hey, I'm using superpermbridge, but it says I do not have any permissions plugin.

I've updated everything.

21. Offline

jordanneil23

I am going to, I have just been busy, My grandmother has to move out of her current house and we are trying to get her moved into a new one.
    PS. You don't want EnderDragons in your main world from what I've seen. Lol
    I really have no clue what could make that happen.. Hmm very odd, hopefully the next release will fix that.

22. Offline

jordanneil23

V1.9.9
    Fixed the "You can't use a ':' like that" error.
    Changed /spawnmob sheep:color amount to /spawnmob sheep color amount.
    Fixed slime spawning.
    fixed errors with /mspawn.
    --

I am testing the 1.9 pre 5 release of SpawnMob right now. Should be out tonight.

EDIT: I found a error in /mspawn again, PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE unless you don't use /mspawn. FIXED!

Minecraft 1.9 Pre 5 download - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16652022/SpawnMob.jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

23. Hi !

Great job for this mob ! I use it. Work perfectly on CB 1377 !

But can you add this to your TODO list : compatibility with PermissionsEX ?

Thx bye !

24. Offline

jordanneil23

Thanks and sure I will add it to the TODO, but it would be around the bottom because I really need to get working on my current TODO list.

25. Of course, no problem. We wait.

jordanneil23 likes this.
  26. Offline

cjc343

jordanneil23 likes this.
  27. Offline

jordanneil23

Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you!

28. Offline

jordanneil23

You can expect the "Friendly" plugin and support for "PermissionsEX" to be in this in the next release of the 1.9Pre 5 version
    I was not able to add support for the 6 types of villagers just yet, but it will be added. I plan to release this update of the 1.9Pre 5 release version either tonight or tomorrow.

SpawnMob Minecraft Pre5 Release #2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16652022/SpawnMob.jar
    ADD friendly-enabled=true TO THE "plugins/SpawnMob/SpawnMob.properties" FILE OR YOU WILL GET A NASTY ERROR!!
    Added the "Friendly" plugin and support for "PermissionsEX"
    What is Friendly? (Click me)
    How do I use Friendly? (Click me)

29. Offline

DigitalStorm

Plugin still throws errors.

org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spawnmob' in plugin MobSpawn v1.0
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:364)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:754)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:719)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:712)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:512)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:410)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:454)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at com.rozzbrozz.mobspawn.Spawn.onCommand(Spawn.java:21)
    ... 12 more

30. Offline

jordanneil23

That is a problem with the plugin MobSpawn, not SpawnMob.

• dammit i can spawn ender dragons but i cant kill them! PLEASe HELP its breaking everything