[ADMN/FUN/GEN/TP] jCommands v2.0.2 - Useful commands for a server [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Jozeth, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Offline

RasCas

Error with latest Dev Build:
    Code:
    2012-08-05 09:29:07 [WARNING] [jCommands] "jCommands v1.1.0" has registered a listener for org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerChatEvent on method "public void me.jozeth.jCommands.events.playerListener.onPlayerChat(org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerChatEvent)", but the event is Deprecated. Server performance will be affected; please notify the authors [Jozeth].
    org.bukkit.plugin.AuthorNagException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.createRegisteredListeners(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.registerEvents(SimplePluginManager.java:507)
        at me.jozeth.jCommands.jCommands.registerEvents(jCommands.java:108)
        at me.jozeth.jCommands.jCommands.onEnable(jCommands.java:98)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:357)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:263)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:245)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.i(MinecraftServer.java:296)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:275)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:225)
        at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:140)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:380)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)

In the thread about 1.3.1 there is a solution, i think:

Jozeth likes this.
  2. Offline

Jozeth

Just woken up and saw this, I'll try and bring out v1.1.1 tonight or during the day.

3. Offline

Watermelon7

I really like this. I have a small server that I and a few friends get on, and this looks perfect for us. Keep up the good work sir!

Jozeth likes this.
  4. Offline

RasCas

Again Error with 1.1.1 ( Java 7 ??)

Code:
    2012-08-05 20:21:15 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling jCommands v1.1.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.jozeth.jcommands.jCommands.getCommand(jCommands.java:166)
        at me.jozeth.jcommands.jCommands.getCommands(jCommands.java:132)
        at me.jozeth.jcommands.jCommands.onEnable(jCommands.java:99)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:357)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:263)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:245)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.i(MinecraftServer.java:296)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:275)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:225)
        at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:140)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:380)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)

5. Offline

Jozeth

Whenever I test my plugins I start my server up with Java 6 and I've never coded in Java 7, but I'll look into it right away!

I've started up my test server with Java 6 and 7 with this version and it starts without any errors. It seems to be a problem with the command /info...

Do you run this server locally or remote?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

RasCas

locally, it's here in my lan

7. Offline

Jozeth

I've tested with Java 6 & 7 and the latest dev build of 1.3.1 and could not reproduce the error.

What build are you using & what Java?

8. Offline

RasCas

#2296 , Java Version 7 update 5 build 1.7.0_05-b06 (32bit)

9. Offline

carcrazy35

how in the hell can i change it so that people can use the commands like /afk and /back?

10. Offline

Jozeth

*facepalm* If you're running a server for the public/or private and you don't know what permissions are then, why are you running one? Search up PermissionsEx

I have the JDK for Java 6 & 7 and JRE 1.7.0_05-b06 (64-Bit) and I do not get the errors.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

carcrazy35

ok first off, i am completley new to bukkit. second, all of the default usage ranks are op, meaning that noone except me and my friend can use the general commands. third, i cant find permissionsex anywhere. probably because i am a total noob at this kind of stuff.

12. Offline

RasCas

Hm, shame, maybe it's 64bit Java but i need 32 bit for another programm.

13. Offline

carcrazy35

permissionsex isnt out for 1.3 yet

rascas can you help me with a couple things?

14. Offline

Jozeth

It's op for a reason, if I put them all to true everyone can use the commands...

15. Offline

carcrazy35

how do i change it without a permissions plugin cuz permissionsEX isnt out yet

16. Offline

Jozeth

I've just realized I've been using PEX to test out jCommands & jWarp USING 1.3.1-R0.1... Just because there's not an official update. Like EvilSeph says:
    And it doesn't seem like PEX broke, mine did because they changed an event. Also I know he says this for RB builds but it's generally the same.

17. Offline

HollowTheDragon

Is there a way to set a /sethome limit? or is it already limited. Not sure how to set up a home limit in the config file.

18. Offline

Jozeth

It's limited to one

19. Offline

Theboxofilms

Looks GRATE!!

20. Offline

paleoeco

As I've just started a bukkit server with the 1.3 release, I've been plug-in shopping. I'm looking forward to using this and your jWarp plug-in.

That being said, there is just 1 thing I wish one of your plug-ins had: the ability to teleport to coordinates. If you ever have the opportunity, I think that'd be a wonderful addition to one of the plug-ins.

:)

21. Offline

Jozeth

I'll add it in 1.1.2

22. Offline

paleoeco

I'm a total noob, considering that it's now working in 1.3 anyways. No need to add it. HAHA

23. Offline

HollowTheDragon

Alright, well I'm having some trouble getting Jcommands to start up. It throws out the message: [SEVERE] An error occurred while trying to enable Jcommands (is it up to date?). While it should be up to date, as I just downloaded and installed it yesterday. So I'm not sure if it's the permissions file that's still messing up things, or if it's something else. I've tried putting in an "enable: true" line in the config file, but still no difference, and I also don't have the players file set up, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

here's a screenshot of my console window when I startup the server:
    http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff367/HollowTheDragon/screen2.png

Any help or advice would be awesome. :D

24. Offline

Jozeth

What version of Bukkit?

Try this, if you get another error REPORT back, http://www.dev.jozeth.me/jcommands/download/bukkit/v1-1-2b

25. Offline

HollowTheDragon

Oh nice! No errors with this one. Well whatever you changed in the source fixed it.

Thanks for the help. C:

Still it complains about the silly ChatManager when I enable it BUT that's a different plugin, different story, haa.

Jozeth likes this.
  26. Offline

Jozeth

That's because of the PlayerChatEvent changing...

27. Offline

randombacon98

The look of this forums page just is so cool looking and idk why! lolol

Jozeth likes this.
  28. Offline

MCDK2012

how do i change the permersions so all can say /spawn??? thx for this awesome plugin but plz help me

29. Offline

Jozeth

You need a perimissions plugin

30. Offline

MCDK2012

okay thx for that