Inactive [ADMN/DEV] PermissionsEx (PEX) v1.19.5 - Tomorrow is Today! [1.4.6-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by t3hk0d3, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

t3hk0d3

[​IMG]
    Version: 1.19.5

PLEASE USE BUKKIT-DEV FORUM FOR DISCUSSION/HELP
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.

PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.

[​IMG]

Current features
    1. Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
    2. Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
    3. YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. BTW file name is adjustable too.
    4. SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
    5. Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
    6. Compatibility layer with TheYeti's Permissions (2.7.4) (as a separate part of the plugin). In most cases plugins, which use Permissions, will alsowork with PEX also.
    7. Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
    8. Modifyworld - Embedded restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Disabled by default.
    9. Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
    10. Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default.
    11. Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
    12. Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
    13. Easy migration from Permissions 2.x. Converter for both YAML and SQL are embedded into PermissionsCompat. Just use simple instruction.
    14. Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps alot when you have 100+ online users :)
    15. Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group.
    16. World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
    17. Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
    18. Chat Manager - small chat plugin, bundled with PEX. With prefixes/suffiex and colors. Check wiki for more details.

Documentation
    Wiki

Basic setup tutorial (Thanks to lycano)

Nice tutorial made by Bennetman

Download
    Stable version

Development version (mostly stable) - always lastest dev build.

Sources
    https://github.com/PEXPlugins

Builds
    http://webbukkit.org:8080/

Maven Repository
    http://repo.tehkode.ru/browse/ru.tehkode

IRC
    Join us on #permissionsex, irc.esper.net. Feel free to ask any related questions.

Tools !NEW!
    Pex Auto-Setup Tool - MySQL and FlatFile !

Changelog
    Show Changelog (open)
    v1.19.5
    Proper intervals for timed commands (both group/permissions management), without pesky seconds calculations (like /pex user t3hk0d3 timed add cool.permission 10days)
    Bugfixes.
    1.4.6 compatibility.

v1.19.4
    Built for Bukkit 1.4.2-R0.1
    Added inventory permissions (modifyworld.items.put/take.<item>.of.<chest>)
    Added item hold permission (modifyworld.items.hold.<item>)
    Sdded monster egg spawn permission (modifyworld.spawn.<creature>)
    Few other minor fixes
    v.1.19.3
    Modifyworld improvements (configurable messages, now independent from PEX)
    /pex help command
    Minor improvements and bugfixes
    v.1.19.2
    New modifyworld permissions
    Some bugfixes
    v.1.19.1
    Bugfix release
    v1.19
    Bukkit R6 compatible.
    Several bugfixes!
    Permissions now case-insensetive.
    v1.18
    Users logging and cleanup feature.
    Non-inheriting nodes feature.
    Several Bugfixes.
    PermissionsCompat is finally remove from default bundle.
    v1.17
    User/group specific management permissions (permissions.manage.group.Admin)
    Fixed some superperms compatibility issues
    Fixed several bugs
    v1.16
    SuperPerms compatbility bridge were rewritten - no lags anymore and now with debug output (now you can view superperms checks).
    Numerous of bugs were fixed (Thanks you guys for reporting them)
    Modifyworld were improved (modifyworld.item.use)
    v1.15
    Compatiblity for 1317+
    Fixed perfomance issues with SuperPerms (if you still experience they try to disable "raw-permissions" in config.yml)
    Fixed issue with prefix inheritance
    v1.14
    Improved Options mechanism.
    Auto saving new users feature, disabled by default.
    SuperPerms bridge improved - more permissions supported by wildcards.
    File backend dumping now fully functional. SQL dumping is still bogus (do not dump world-specific inheritance and prefixes), will be fixed soon.
    Many bugfixes and minor improvements.
    v1.13
    Superperms (BukkitPerms) support
    Multiworld inheritance and prefixes/suffixes
    Groups weighting
    ChatManager, chat plugin which bundled with PEX.
    Modifyworld now separate plugin, but still bundled with PEX.
    API changed slightly, CustomEvents (PermissionsEntityEvent, PermissionsSystemEvent) introduced.
    Many lesser improvements and tons of bugfixes.
    v1.12
    API get slightly improved
    Ranking ladders.
    User/group name case-insensetivity.
    World-inheritance.
    Timed permissions.
    Modifyworld rules are get improved.
    Tons of minor improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.11
    Many bugfixes and improvements.
    MySQL connection stability improved - reconnection mechanism.
    v1.10
    Promotional/Demotional system.
    Perfomance improvement, with new low-level caching system (thx Joy)
    Modifyworld improved.
    Many lesser improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.06
    New p2compat backend, for easy migration from Permissions 2.x to PEX.
    v1.05
    Users/Groups dumping (pex dump <backend> <file>).
    New commands pex promote/demote. Actually this is just aliases for "pex user group set/remove"
    Few bugfixes.
    v1.04
    Players now can be informed about changes (has been added to group, changed permission/option). Disabled by default - set "permissions.informplayers.changes" to "true"
    Config node "permissions.verbose", which responsible for player informing about modifyworld restrictions has been renamed to "permissions.infromplayers.modifyworld".
    Autocomplete has been improved.
    New command "pex config <node> [value]". This command help to manipulate configuration file (config.yml) from console/chat interface.
    Many bugfixes.
    v1.03
    Autocomplete for users (taken from registred users and online users) and groups names.
    New command for user removing (pex user <user> delete)
    Fixed several nasty bugs. Thanks for bugreports!
    v1.02
    Compatibility layer loading order issue fixed. Now most of plugins should work.
    Tested with new CB 803 build.
    v1.01
    Regular expression permissions support.
    Newer permissions now added above (bugfix).
    Several bugfixes.
    v1.00
    Initial public release.

BRampersad, grid21, MrRazull and 71 others like this.
  2. Offline

nicquehen

I try to manage an economy on my server :

I have PEX and ChestShop.

I give the right permissions.manage.users.permissions to 2 of my member!

This two member need to manage the merchant in my server :
    They add and remove/ ChestShop.shop.create.itemID node on my other member .

I want to restricte the two member to add only the node begin with ChestShop....

It is possible to do that with PEX?

3. Offline

MusicMonkey5555

So apparently Build 1317 breaks permissions. And from the looks of some post probably several other plugins. Not sure if you will need to update PermissionsEx or not or if we just need to do something different with the configuration files, but figured I would let you know.

4. Offline

t3hk0d3

download newer version

PEX are already updated. Just redownload it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  5. Offline

kropto

error

bukkit and permissionsex
    [1317]

[​IMG]

6. Offline

Jobsti

Works great. Thanks for the update.

7. Offline

mrthu1000

how do i make so i can put the users and stuff in??

8. Offline

Nurse_Brandon

Why can I not get prefixes to show up?

I have enabled it first off, and added the prefix line to each group, like so...

(EDIT) Even tried the same example given in the permissions example shown on here, and it's still not working.

Show Spoiler

Adventure:
    default: true
    info:
    prefix: '&f&3MC&f&f'
    suffix: null
    build: true
    inheritance:
    permissions:

Admins:
    default: false
    info:
    prefix: '&f&aAdmin&f&f'
    build: true
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - '*'

9. Offline

MusicMonkey5555

I have had this same issue ever since upgrading to Minecraft 1.8.1 Bukkit. Hoping a fix is in the latest or will be added. It worked fine before I upgraded, but then again object placement permissions didn't and now they do.

10. Offline

popcorn8123

STEP 1 IS SO CONFUSING!!
    I can't figure out what to do to configure my permissions.yml

11. Offline

RROD

Updated the plugin, and I'm still getting this same error. CB 1317.

12. Offline

Sudogaron

Code:
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1112-g54a13b2-b1240jnks (MC: 1.8.1)
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] sql backend registered!
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] file backend registered!
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] PermissionEx plugin initialized.
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] p2compat backend registered!
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] [PermissionsCompat] Compatibility Layer Initalized!
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Initializing file backend
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] Preparing level "tgn"
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] Default game type: 0
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 4289159265699927403)
     2011-10-11 15:13:15 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 7559865316901073341)
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Superperms support enabled.
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling PermissionsEx v1.14 (Is it up to date?): No JavaBean properties found in org.bukkit.util.config.ConfigurationNode
     org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException: No JavaBean properties found in org.bukkit.util.config.ConfigurationNode
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.introspector.PropertyUtils.getProperties(PropertyUtils.java:112)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.introspector.PropertyUtils.getProperties(PropertyUtils.java:94)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.Representer.getProperties(Representer.java:228)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.Representer$RepresentJavaBean.representData(Representer.java:49)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.BaseRepresenter.representData(BaseRepresenter.java:114)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.BaseRepresenter.representMapping(BaseRepresenter.java:168)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.SafeRepresenter$RepresentMap.representData(SafeRepresenter.java:220)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.BaseRepresenter.representData(BaseRepresenter.java:100)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.BaseRepresenter.representMapping(BaseRepresenter.java:168)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.SafeRepresenter$RepresentMap.representData(SafeRepresenter.java:220)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.BaseRepresenter.representData(BaseRepresenter.java:100)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.representer.BaseRepresenter.represent(BaseRepresenter.java:67)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.dumpAll(Yaml.java:221)
     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.dump(Yaml.java:205)
     at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.save(Configuration.java:157)
     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onEnable(PermissionsEx.java:107)
     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:941)
     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:174)
     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:157)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] [ChatManager] ChatManager enabled!
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.7 enabled.
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] WorldEdit: PermissionsEx detected! Using PermissionsEx for permissions.
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Modifyworld disabled. Check config.yml!
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Modifyworld disabled!
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] [PermissionsCompat] Compatibility layer enabled.
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] WorldEdit: PermissionsEx detected! Using PermissionsEx for permissions.
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
     2011-10-11 15:13:16 [INFO] Done (0.105s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    Running Bukkit 1240 , and the latest version of PEX. Any ideas?

13. Offline

jaboy

(sry for posting again but didnt get any help :()
    i got a problem whit world specific prefixes/suffixes (both for group and player)

when i type in console
    /pex group Member prefix Member World1

it just says
    Member's prefix = ""

and the permissions file changed to
    Member:
    World1:
    prefix: "Member"

but ingame ... i cant see it

(if i dont make it world specific it works fine (/pex group Member prefix Member))

all of this counts for players too :(

14. Seriously? Copy and paste your error into code tags. Very few people are going to bother trying to read that. I'm on a 20" wide screen at 1680x1050, and it's a pain to try to read it.

From what you posted, and if that is how your config file is spaced, it's not in the right format. Use code tags instead of quote/spoiler tags to preserve your indentations, and have you run your config through a YAML parser to make sure it's presenting the data you think it is?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  15. Offline

got_milk

Fresh install of Bukkit build 1317 + the latest version of PermissionsEx - upon server start:

Code:
    19:03:10 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Modifyworld v1.14 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.Class.isAssignableFrom(Native Method)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.removeClass(JavaPluginLoader.java:245)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:992)
        at ru.tehkode.modifyworld.bukkit.Modifyworld.onEnable(Modifyworld.java:71)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:170)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:957)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:171)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:154)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    Upon server shutdown:

Code:
    19:03:23 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] v1.14 disabled successfully.
    19:03:23 [SEVERE] Error occurred (in the plugin loader) while disabling PermissionsEx v1.14 (Is it up to date?): null
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.removeClass(JavaPluginLoader.java:245)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:992)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:296)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:289)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.disablePlugins(CraftServer.java:166)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:325)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:404)
    19:03:23 [SEVERE] Error occurred (in the plugin loader) while disabling Permissions v2.7.7 (Is it up to date?): null
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:296)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:289)
    Just letting the devs know.

16. Offline

Nurse_Brandon

If my config file wasn't in a proper format, wouldn't that mean everything else would not be working either? Everything works fine; all permissions/groups/etc. Everything is working, minus the prefix/suffixes. Like the other poster stated, it may be a 1.8.1 issue. I recall it working fine until 1.8.1 was released as well.

Either way, I understand when you look at it via the spoiler drop-down box, it doesn't look "right," but I assure you, it's in it's proper format in the config file.

17. Offline

Remnant

Hey got_milk, I was having the same issues with my server, I replaced the new permissionsex config file with my old one and it atleast got my server to stop spitting these errors. The line that is different is one about superperms if i remember right...Still have to do some more testing but i thought i'd let you know.

** After further investigation it seems to have resolved the starting errors of the server but shut down still throws a fit when the server tries to end PermissionsEX

18. Offline

saul100

are you opped ? OP's override permissions

19. Offline

Buckethead

no i mean what is
    options:

Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            default: true
            prefix: '&8[Guest]'
            options:
            inheritance: null
            permissions:
            - slowhealth
    this is permissions style. not pex. is it supposed to be this format or the exampls way :(

20. Offline

FlsAtlan

This works fine for me... THX

21. Offline

Buckethead

im sorry bt what does this mean i have to do. i know it may be alot to ask but if u could pastie a prope version of my stuff i sent to help id be happy!

22. Ok, what you put into quote/spoiler didn't preserve the spacing, and since that's all I had to work with... :)

What are you using for chat? The included PEX chatmanager or something else like iChat?

Big Hints (tm) follow:
    You still don't have the prefix part quite in the right place (and I'm not talking just line number).

How far an item is indented/spaced in matters with YAML files.

I'm not being an arse, or trying to, but no, I'm not going to do it for you. The idea is to help you and point you in the right direction, otherwise you are not going to learn how it works and be able to admin your own server.

I will say, however, if you get that indentation fixed, you may just kick yourself over how simple of a fix it was/is.:)

23. Offline

Buckethead

im willing to llearn. (how i got this far) i just dont understand what to do and for first time am really stuck. just want to see where it all goes. because ive heard like 4 diffrent ways to set up this plugin permissions wise

just upgraded server to 1317 and got new pex package and when i /stop server i get in ALL my plugins this:

Code:
    20:52:08 [SEVERE] Error occurred (in the plugin loader) while disabling PermissionsEx v1.14 (Is it up to date?): null
    except where ;like pex is put all other plugins

24. Ok, look at the YAML data output I posted. Start at the top of the section and go straight down. Notice how everything under the Admin group is under and indented further to the right than the column that the word Admin starts in? Also notice that the Admin section has a "{" at it's start and ends with a "},"?

Everything within that pair of curly braces is applied to the Admin section. Now look at your options section for the citizens prefix stuff, notice how it's in it's own section and not a part of the citizen group?

If a line (or group of lines) are not indented with groups of four spaces enough, YAML will see it/them as it's own section and not a part of a data set (group in this case).

BTW, what chat program are you trying to use anyway? I don't recall if you mentioned it before.

25. Offline

rslink

I'm getting
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    2011-10-11 21:09:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to Multiverse-Portals
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.file.FileEntity.getOption(FileEntity.java:140)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.getOptionBoolean(PermissionEntity.java:297)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionEntity.initialize(PermissionEntity.java:56)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.ProxyPermissionUser.initialize(ProxyPermissionUser.java:42)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.getUser(PermissionManager.java:116)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.has(PermissionManager.java:91)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.compat.PermissionHandler.permission(PermissionHandler.java:79)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.compat.PermissionHandler.permission(PermissionHandler.java:70)
        at ru.tehkode.permissions.compat.PermissionHandler.has(PermissionHandler.java:43)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MVPermissions.hasPermission(MVPermissions.java:142)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.MVPortal.playerCanEnterPortal(MVPortal.java:215)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.utils.PortalManager.getPortals(PortalManager.java:131)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.utils.PortalManager.isPortal(PortalManager.java:38)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.PortalPlayerSession.setStandinginLocation(PortalPlayerSession.java:80)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.PortalPlayerSession.setLocation(PortalPlayerSession.java:75)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.PortalPlayerSession.<init>(PortalPlayerSession.java:35)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.MultiversePortals.getPortalSession(MultiversePortals.java:172)
        at com.onarandombox.MultiversePortals.listeners.MVPPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MVPPlayerListener.java:178)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:180)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:618)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)

errors for more then just multiverse, they are nonstop rolling errors and they start randomly. Newst stable version, and craftbukkit 1317.

26. Offline

Buckethead

none. mabey essentials

btw like this?

Code:
          ]
        },
        "Admin": {
          "default": false,
          "inheritance": "Moderator",
          "permissions": [
            "SimpleJail.setjail",
            "heroicrebuke.*",
            "essentials.*",
            "backup.canbackup",
            "mobarena.admin.*",
            "mobarena.setup.*",
            "LockIP.admin",
            "srpex.rank.Devloper",
            "srpex.rank.Architect",
            "srpex.rank.Moderator",
            "srpex.rank.Citizen",
            "lytreehelper.generate.trees",
            "lytreehelper.generate.forests",
            "lytreehelper.generate.nursery",
            "lytreehelper.db.registerforest",
            "lytreehelper.db.deleteforest",
            "lytreehelper.db.regenerateforest",
            "signlift.*",
            "craftbukkituptodate.broadcast",
            "craftbukkituptodate.changelog",
            "NightClub.build",
            "superpickaxe.*",
            "nSpleef.admin.define",
            "nSpleef.admin.deleteanygame",
            "nSpleef.admin.deletearena",
            "nSpleef.admin.forceready",
            "nSpleef.admin.forcejoin",
            "nSpleef.admin.forceleave",
            "geoiptools.geoupdate",
            "deadbolt.command.reload"
          ]

27. Offline

The3vilm0nk3y

the ranking system allow your moderators or admins to do a /pex promote username and it will move the player up to the next group level. it also makes it so a moderator cannot promote another player to moderator... your low ranks should start at 1000 and move up to 0 for admins. its a very handy feature of the plugin.

T.J. likes this.
  28. Offline

Shalar

I have tried to negate permissions using /pex group ___ add -some.perm, then adding the '*' permission. The server is using the mysql backend and the negation does not seem to be working. A little help please.

29. Something like that. Notice how every line that applies to the Admin group is under and indented the word Admin, as well as within the curly braces ("{ }").

If you see things that are not under the group or section you want (especially if it's sitting in it's own section), chances are that your indentation isn't correct.

30. Offline

The3vilm0nk3y

just had an idea i think should be implemented.... there should be a way for player to purchase defined ranks... allowing for admins to not have to deal with the promotions. there should be a field in the config that allows for a price to be set and a previous rank requirement. this would allow RP servers alot better and easier control over their ranks. command could be like /pex buy promotion and /pex buy list
    anyone else agree?

31. Offline

xemnes

this is odd... NONE of my plugins are detecting pex at all, im on 1317 and migrating from permissions 3 because it broke in this build, most arent enabling because no permissions plugin was detected, pex was enabled on the server start.... im using the latest stable build