Inactive [ADMN/DEV] PermissionsEx (PEX) v1.19.5 - Tomorrow is Today! [1.4.6-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by t3hk0d3, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

t3hk0d3

[​IMG]
    Version: 1.19.5

PLEASE USE BUKKIT-DEV FORUM FOR DISCUSSION/HELP
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.

PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.

[​IMG]

Current features
    1. Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
    2. Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
    3. YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. BTW file name is adjustable too.
    4. SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
    5. Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
    6. Compatibility layer with TheYeti's Permissions (2.7.4) (as a separate part of the plugin). In most cases plugins, which use Permissions, will alsowork with PEX also.
    7. Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
    8. Modifyworld - Embedded restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Disabled by default.
    9. Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
    10. Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default.
    11. Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
    12. Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
    13. Easy migration from Permissions 2.x. Converter for both YAML and SQL are embedded into PermissionsCompat. Just use simple instruction.
    14. Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps alot when you have 100+ online users :)
    15. Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group.
    16. World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
    17. Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
    18. Chat Manager - small chat plugin, bundled with PEX. With prefixes/suffiex and colors. Check wiki for more details.

Documentation
    Wiki

Basic setup tutorial (Thanks to lycano)

Nice tutorial made by Bennetman

Download
    Stable version

Development version (mostly stable) - always lastest dev build.

Sources
    https://github.com/PEXPlugins

Builds
    http://webbukkit.org:8080/

Maven Repository
    http://repo.tehkode.ru/browse/ru.tehkode

IRC
    Join us on #permissionsex, irc.esper.net. Feel free to ask any related questions.

Tools !NEW!
    Pex Auto-Setup Tool - MySQL and FlatFile !

Changelog
    Show Changelog (open)
    v1.19.5
    Proper intervals for timed commands (both group/permissions management), without pesky seconds calculations (like /pex user t3hk0d3 timed add cool.permission 10days)
    Bugfixes.
    1.4.6 compatibility.

v1.19.4
    Built for Bukkit 1.4.2-R0.1
    Added inventory permissions (modifyworld.items.put/take.<item>.of.<chest>)
    Added item hold permission (modifyworld.items.hold.<item>)
    Sdded monster egg spawn permission (modifyworld.spawn.<creature>)
    Few other minor fixes
    v.1.19.3
    Modifyworld improvements (configurable messages, now independent from PEX)
    /pex help command
    Minor improvements and bugfixes
    v.1.19.2
    New modifyworld permissions
    Some bugfixes
    v.1.19.1
    Bugfix release
    v1.19
    Bukkit R6 compatible.
    Several bugfixes!
    Permissions now case-insensetive.
    v1.18
    Users logging and cleanup feature.
    Non-inheriting nodes feature.
    Several Bugfixes.
    PermissionsCompat is finally remove from default bundle.
    v1.17
    User/group specific management permissions (permissions.manage.group.Admin)
    Fixed some superperms compatibility issues
    Fixed several bugs
    v1.16
    SuperPerms compatbility bridge were rewritten - no lags anymore and now with debug output (now you can view superperms checks).
    Numerous of bugs were fixed (Thanks you guys for reporting them)
    Modifyworld were improved (modifyworld.item.use)
    v1.15
    Compatiblity for 1317+
    Fixed perfomance issues with SuperPerms (if you still experience they try to disable "raw-permissions" in config.yml)
    Fixed issue with prefix inheritance
    v1.14
    Improved Options mechanism.
    Auto saving new users feature, disabled by default.
    SuperPerms bridge improved - more permissions supported by wildcards.
    File backend dumping now fully functional. SQL dumping is still bogus (do not dump world-specific inheritance and prefixes), will be fixed soon.
    Many bugfixes and minor improvements.
    v1.13
    Superperms (BukkitPerms) support
    Multiworld inheritance and prefixes/suffixes
    Groups weighting
    ChatManager, chat plugin which bundled with PEX.
    Modifyworld now separate plugin, but still bundled with PEX.
    API changed slightly, CustomEvents (PermissionsEntityEvent, PermissionsSystemEvent) introduced.
    Many lesser improvements and tons of bugfixes.
    v1.12
    API get slightly improved
    Ranking ladders.
    User/group name case-insensetivity.
    World-inheritance.
    Timed permissions.
    Modifyworld rules are get improved.
    Tons of minor improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.11
    Many bugfixes and improvements.
    MySQL connection stability improved - reconnection mechanism.
    v1.10
    Promotional/Demotional system.
    Perfomance improvement, with new low-level caching system (thx Joy)
    Modifyworld improved.
    Many lesser improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.06
    New p2compat backend, for easy migration from Permissions 2.x to PEX.
    v1.05
    Users/Groups dumping (pex dump <backend> <file>).
    New commands pex promote/demote. Actually this is just aliases for "pex user group set/remove"
    Few bugfixes.
    v1.04
    Players now can be informed about changes (has been added to group, changed permission/option). Disabled by default - set "permissions.informplayers.changes" to "true"
    Config node "permissions.verbose", which responsible for player informing about modifyworld restrictions has been renamed to "permissions.infromplayers.modifyworld".
    Autocomplete has been improved.
    New command "pex config <node> [value]". This command help to manipulate configuration file (config.yml) from console/chat interface.
    Many bugfixes.
    v1.03
    Autocomplete for users (taken from registred users and online users) and groups names.
    New command for user removing (pex user <user> delete)
    Fixed several nasty bugs. Thanks for bugreports!
    v1.02
    Compatibility layer loading order issue fixed. Now most of plugins should work.
    Tested with new CB 803 build.
    v1.01
    Regular expression permissions support.
    Newer permissions now added above (bugfix).
    Several bugfixes.
    v1.00
    Initial public release.

BRampersad, grid21, MrRazull and 71 others like this.
  2. Offline

Florens

Thanks for this awesome plugin :)

But with the last version (1.13), i'have a bug : if i chose a colored prefix, my message is also colored. :
    [​IMG]

I would like only my pseudo to be colored. This is my ChatManager config :
    enable: true
    ranged-mode: false
    chat-range: 100.0
    message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> %message
    global-message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> &e%message

Btw, i have not user or group suffix in my permissions.

3. Offline

Humsas

I also found that ChatManager conflicts with Factions tags

4. Offline

TheTekromancer

Hi. I'm coming to PEX from Permissions and using the .yml backend. I was curious if there will be a chance of having a user automatically added to the default group when they first log on to the server. This would be a very excellent feature if you can make it happen.

5. Offline

Zarius

Howdy, just wanted to say that I tried upgrading using BukkitPermissions/SuperPerms and then reading through the Permissions 3 stuff and didn't get anywhere.

Upgrading from Permissions 2.7 was very easy with PermissionsEx and your simple conversion process :) Many thanks.

6. Offline

suicidal_banana

Hmm, i must be doing something wrong, or theres a little bug in sql backend, this is a snippet from my permissions table, first number is row-id, default is group, world & space are worlds.
    Code:
    800    default        -modifyworld.blocks.*.46
    801    default        -modifyworld.blocks.*.tnt
    1690    default        modifyworld.*    world
    1691    default        modifyworld.*    space
    This to me should disallow tnt for default, whatever the world, and then allow everything else in the worlds 'world' & 'space'.
    In reality, all the defaults can still place and ignite tnt.

Halp :(

And i still want you to add a donate btn <3

7. Offline

sabbo2001

I think this is my first post on the forums, but I'd just like to say that this is a BRILLIANT successor to permissions 3.xx and an awesome bridge for the bukkitpermissions.

I spent most of last night frothing at the mouth trying to get bukkitpermissions and superpermsbridge, then tried this instead and just want to say fffff the other plugins. This is the closest thing to the simplicity of permissions... and it doesn't crap itself and stink up the server when I /reloadall like permissions was doing.

8. Offline

MJE

I get the following error when trying to create new groups and use world inheritance (only things I tried). I am using the latest CB of bukkit and SQLite as the DB for PEX (1.13). The command work fine if I use the flat file but when going to a sqlite DB I get the following:

Any ideas?

EDIT: I am doing the commands at the console not in game.

Code:
    [SEVERE] java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (near "ISNULL": syntax error)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.sql.SQLConnectionManager.updateQuery(SQLConnectionManager.java:121)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.sql.SQLEntity.setParents(SQLEntity.java:221)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.sql.SQLGroup.setParentGroups(SQLGroup.java:46)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionGroup.setParentGroups(PermissionGroup.java:309)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.commands.GroupCommands.groupSetParents(GroupCommands.java:262)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.commands.CommandsManager$CommandBinding.call(CommandsManager.java:291)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.commands.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:120)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onCommand(PermissionsEx.java:105)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:344)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:489)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:468)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (near "ISNULL": syntax error)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:383)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:387)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.DB.throwex(DB.java:374)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.NativeDB.prepare(Native Method)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.DB.prepare(DB.java:123)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.PrepStmt.<init>(PrepStmt.java:42)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.Conn.prepareStatement(Conn.java:404)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.Conn.prepareStatement(Conn.java:399)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at org.sqlite.Conn.prepareStatement(Conn.java:383)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.sql.SQLConnectionManager.updateQuery(SQLConnectionManager.java:112)
    2011-08-21 11:49:48 [SEVERE]     ... 18 more

9. Offline

t3hk0d3

This is how it's intended to be (no uncolor after prefix).
    For example if you want just color user names of different groups.

Thank you.
    BTW PEX development were started a month before P3.

Right. BTW PEX have group weighting mechanism.
    pex group <group> weight <weight>

Check PermissionsEx.jar and Permissions.jar (it should be compat) to be sure.

Sorry, this is permission plugin, not world management. You can deny player interaction with mobs, but you can't deny mobs to interact with world.

Right.

Look like you have old Permissions.jar. Make sure it's PermissionsCompat.

Thank you for bug report and Sorry for inconvenience.
    Bug was fixed in lastest build. Use link in OP post.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  10. Offline

MJE

Not a problem, it's all good :) TY for all the work you do! Do I download the DEV version or the 1.13 again?

11. Offline

Diagonalspoon

Hey, Ive been trying for a while, to switch over from GroupManager and I just cant get my head around what to do with the Groups.yml and Users.Yml, Could you point me to a article, or video that would explain how to migrate from groupmanager? This would be amazing help. Thanks!

12. Offline

efstajas

That's awesome. Waaay more awesome then PermissionsBukkit.

13. It was. It was the permissions .jar from the zip archive for PEX.

Code:
    unzip PermissionsEx-1.13-package.zip
    Archive:  PermissionsEx-1.13-package.zip
      inflating: PermissionsEx.jar
      inflating: Permissions.jar
      inflating: Modifyworld.jar
      inflating: ChatManager.jar

sha1sum Permissions.jar
    5e54b81f42b61ca2cd7adda227755b3c0cb48b20  Permissions.jar

sha1sum ./pex_backup/Permissions-compat-1.13.jar
    5e54b81f42b61ca2cd7adda227755b3c0cb48b20  Permissions-compat-1.13.jar

14. Offline

t3hk0d3

at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Listener.onBlockBreak(Listener.java:61)
    It's Permissions 2/3, not PermissionsCompat, im 100% sure.

15. Offline

grifOndOr

since i upgrade to PEX
    i have trouble with the plugin citizen , only OPS can use the traders npc

is this a known bug ? does the permissions work with this plugin ?

Everything works fine since i upgrade to PEX , but not citizens

16. Ok, then which file from the archive is the right one for the bridge? As you can see, the Permisions.jar file from the PEX archive I pulled from the wiki is the one I used, so I'm confused and/or missing something.

17. Offline

tombik

Can anybody show me his/hers permissions.yml with lot of varities? Thx a lot!

18. Offline

burst

I'm having the exact same problem.

19. Offline

tombik

Guys i thing we have to wait for new Citizens release wich will be with only SuperPerms support.

20. Offline

grifOndOr

Yes i hope it will fix the problem

but the "FakePermissions" isn't normally fix the probleme ?

21. Offline

evilMonkey

Feature Request:

Would it be possible to incorporate a way to log a users time logged into the server then automatically promote them to the next rank, given the rank is allowed to use the timer? Like if someone logs in as a default user with no build permissions and a mod/admin isn't available to promote them to a regular user to be able to build, the timer will check how many seconds the user has played on the server to allow them to be automatically promoted to a regular user.

Thanks. :)

-ps: Much easier plugin to use than PermissionsBukkit and Permissions 3.x

22. Offline

Zarius

I've only tried two "BukkitPermissions" only plugins - MobDisguise works fine however SortInventory does not seem to work.

There's a discussion on it's thread here - oddly enough just adding the BukkitPermissions plugin without giving any permissions to it allowed the SortInventory to work (but with permissions for any/all players - not just the groups I gave permission to in PermissionsEx).

23. Offline

blsimpson

Hello, I have got this running for the most part, coming from Permissions 3.X. Super easy migration, BTW..

My problem is this: When a new user joins my server, they are not added to the permissions.yml file until they are promoted above the default group.. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Also, I have my default group (Newbie) set like this:
    Code:
        Newbie:
            default: true
            options:
            prefix: '&0(&8Newbie&0)&7 '
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.chat
    but they are still able to break blocks, and place blocks.. I went through the setup in the wiki, changing what I needed to name wise, but its not working for me? Everything else is working great so far..

24. Offline

Sc1234freak

I realize this is a noob question, but it is late. How do I negate a permission node? For example, I want to have the default group have all modify world permissions EXCEPT build rights in worlds I define. So for the global confog of the group, I would write - modifyworld.* as I want some worlds to be able to build. The ones I don't want any build rights, I need to negate the build/interact node. So I tried typing - -modifyworld.XXXX with XXX build the correct verbose, I just didn't look it up for this post. The way I negated it doesn't work, what should I type?
    Thanks, Sc.

25. Offline

TopMass

I had to sign in just to make a post about this plug, It seriously does what no other plugin does.

I've been annoyed the entire night trying to find a groups and permissions plugin that just works, I didn't even care about in game commands at this point I just could not get any working properly.

so I installed this, made sure I did as it said and used it in conjunction with my Essentials Chat.

The outcome, Flawless, it works so amazingly well, everything is so simple and as a bonus it's super easy to promote users in game along with adding the odd command you may have forgotten about.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

26. Offline

Zarius

Have you enabled ModifyWorld in the modifyworld config file (in plugins/Modifyworld/config.yml)?

@t3hk0d3

Is it possible to create parallel rank ladders? As in I want the default ladder to promote from Tourist to Guest to Settler (mods can do this) but I want a "citizen" ladder to promote from Settler to Citizen and allow admins to do this. It means that Settler needs to have a rank (eg. 800) in the default ladder and also a rank (1000) in the citizen ladder - not yet possible?

27. Offline

Bronski

I was trying to find info about these in the wiki (installation/config/advanced setup) but didn't see anything. If it's not there can you please add it or let us know what they mean? I'll search back through some pages to see if I can otherwise find it:

Code:
        superperms:
            enable: true
            matched-permissions: true
            raw-permissions: true
            disable-unmatched: false
    I was trying to get EffectiveArrows to work in one world and I was having issues. Apparently they only use SuperPerms (and the author keeps trying to push people to bpermmissions or something) so I'm trying to see if it's something on my end with PEX.

Thanks.

28. Offline

vDepth

@t3hk0d3, noticed a 'bug' or a lacking feature during the promotion process. It's to do with the autocomplete for the name.

I had two users with the same 4 characters at the start of their names.
    'adamfox01' and 'adamv77'. Previously I had promoted adamfox01 and he was offline at the time when I went to promote adamv77.
    So I did '/pex promote adam' to let the autocomplete handle the name for me. No result was returned and I tried again. Again nothing happened.
    Lucky for me I could check the server console and found that PermissionsEx was reporting there were 2 possible matches for 'adam' however it never returned this information to me ingame.
    PermissionsEx needs to notify you ingame as well.

So it's nothing serious just a lack of that information getting sent to the client who issued the command.

29. Offline

sabbo2001

Ok, ok - not a successor to p3 as such, just a good replacement now that it's basically being killed off by plugin makers. This is just way easier than bukkitpermissions, which is just confusing and long-winded. On the topic of citizens, I don't seem to have any trouble with people using npcs, and I'm using 1.09d.

30. Offline

Ben Quincy

Are you able to use Herochat with this? I need to be able to create chat channels for my server. For example: Only admins and mods can use and see the staff channel. Is this possible in the included chat plugin and or am i able to install herochat with this permissions plugin?

31. Offline

vDepth

I believe the chat plugin that comes with this is entirely optional. I run mChat and have the chat that came with this disabled. I gather HeroChat would work also, however I can't confirm this as I don't use it.