Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions v2.7.4 (Phoenix) - DISCONTINUED! 3.0 has a new home!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TheYeti, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheYeti

Permissions 2.7.4 (Phoenix) - Now with AntiBuild built in!
    Download:
    Latest Stable: Full Zip | Jar Only
    Latest Dev Build: Full Zip | Jar Only
    Previous Versions: 2.7.3 (JAR) | 2.7.2 (JAR) | 2.7.1 (JAR) | 2.7 (JAR) | 2.6 (JAR) | 2.5.5 (JAR) | 2.5.4 (JAR) | 2.5.3 (JAR) | 2.5.2 (JAR) | 2.5.1 (JAR) | 2.5 (JAR) | 2.4 (JAR) | 2.3 (JAR) | 2.2 (JAR)

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Permissions 2.x is being discontinued! 3.0 can be found HERE!!!

I am discontinuing Permissions 2.x and leaving the project. Permissions is not going away though! Since 2.6 I have been working closely with another developer and added them to the team. For the past several version they have not only been assisting with 2.x but also doing a lot of the development of much anticipated 3.x. rcjrrjcr will be taking over as lead developer of Permissions from 3.x forward. I have full faith in them and after working closely with them on the development on the last few version and the next major version I feel that I am leaving this project in more than capable hands. I put way to much work into this project to just leave it with anyone, and this is one of the few programs that I am incredibly proud of.

Many people will probably wonder why I am leaving again after taking over the project just a few months ago. I could quote drama and headaches, of which there were quite a few with this project. Unfortunately real life happens. Many people already know that I have been having medical issues here lately. Unfortunately while they have gotten better, they have not gone away. This coupled with other real life commitments, going to school full time, and starting up my own company, I am currently in the process of being laid off from work. At this point I have so much stuff going on in my life and am being pulled in so many directions that I am not able to get any work done on anything. This has lead to me missing commitments and letting people down on multiple things.

Permissions is also a very high maintenance plugin that requires a lot of attention and time. Right now I am not able to devote that time and do not feel it is fair for me to try to continue to be the lead developer on it. I had originally thought that adding other members to the team would be helpful, but unfortunately this just lead to frustration for them and myself as I just was not able to commit to the project enough. Hence, 3.0 has been rewritten almost exclusively by rcjrrjcr with minimal contributions by myself.

At this point I will be stepping away from the project to focus more on real life and to try to free up some time for other projects and to work with more individual like the wonderful HeroCraft Coding team to fulfill some commitments that I made to them a long time ago and sadly did not come through on. I feel that this is the best for all involved, both myself and the other Permissions developers, as well as the community who deserve someone who can contribute more time and attention to them and supporting them. I do not want to see Permissions end up like many other plugins with an absentee programmer and just slowly wasting away from a great plugin with a lot of potential to a headache with no support.

I will still be active in the community, just not as much as not in the same way. I'm sure my server will be more than happy to have their head admin back and active again as well.

Thank you and happy gaming.

Changelog
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems
      • Pulled in commits by rcjrrjcr
      • Fixed versioning. Last version should have technically been 2.6
      • Fixed invalid config file being written
      • Fixed erroneous conversion message.
      • Updated to be compliant with CB600+
      • Further Maven Integration and Autobuilding
      • Better handling of configuration file errors.
        • If you do not have a world config file for the default world at startup it will now look for config.yml
        • If it cannot find that it will look for world.yml instead in case you named it that when that is not what is in level-name:
        • It will rewrite the config file to be the proper name. At this time it does not delete the old one though.
      • Removed defunct public abstract calls. If your not using the right one by now you should be shot anyway.
        • Added Command aliases for perms and pr
        • Changed the way directories are handled.
        • Stopped it from creating an empty <world>.yml file in base directory
        • Moved project to using Maven.
      • Change from File.pathSeparator to File.separator to fix multiworld perms
      • Added more instructions to the included config file within the plugin
      • Added a check that will use the default world permissions if a world specific config file cannot be found.
      • Added a function to get only the group that a player is assigned to without checking for group inheritance.
      • Added a change to colorize() to fix it hopefully not adding an extra unneeded ascii character and thus creating a linebreak/color switch issue
      • Removed permissions.info as it was not needed and was a artifact of testing I was doing.
      • Fixed a bug that could cause a group to be returned as null for getGroups()
      • Added in AntiBuild functionality to Permissions
      • Minor code tweaks
      • Added getGroups(world, player) to PermissionHandler so that plugins can call it to get all of a users groups
      • Fixed the inability to use the permissions -reload all command from within the console. I still need to do some more work on this as it doesn't seem to like to accept anything other than all from console.
      • Refactored namespaces to keep in line with Java & Bukkit policy
        • This was cancelled as it ended up being not needed
      • Fixed setupPermissions()
      • Undid removal of some code that I had overzealously purged during cleanup
      • Merged in last of Nijikokun's changes
      • Re-ordered the main class to attempt to fix the problems with Plugin API
      • Developer change
      • Fixed reloading of configuration files
      • Moved commands to registering with plugin.yml
      • Commands now use onCommand instead of onPlayerCommand
      • Command is now /permissions instead of /pr
    [/SPOILER]

mruczek, kahlilnc, Pii and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Kainzo

Is it possible to have ONE user be in TWO Groups (without inheriting one - but they can definitely be)?

3. Offline

ChrisDude70

Can I ask a huge favour of someone?

I'm having problems setting up permissions, the problem being that it just doesent make sence to me.

If someone could do it for me, or tell me exactly what to write, I would be forever grateful.

What I need:

I need usergroups for three worlds.
    Survival
    Nether
    -Survival and Nether are to share the same usergroups.
    Craft
    -Craft is so have the same usergroups as the other two exept Users have the right to spawn blocks.

Four Usergroups:
    1, Admins - All rights.
    2, Mods - Ability to kick/ban/unban, Set time, Teleport to other players.
    3, Users - Place/Destroy Blocks, Talk, Teleport to spawn. ( Craft server group to be able to spawn blocks)
    4, Guests - No rights.
    Thanks soo much to whoever can help me with this, I will be forever grateful.

4. Offline

karl

hmm, my permissions was working fine then just kept getting an error when i started up the server

this is the error

Code:
    08:37:32 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    08:37:32 [INFO] Loading properties
    08:37:32 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    08:37:32 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)
    08:37:32 [INFO] Preparing level "Minecraft"
    08:37:32 [INFO] Preparing start region
    08:37:33 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/Permissions.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:113)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:159)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:107)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:109)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.<init>(Permissions.java:77)
        ... 13 more
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard loaded.
    08:37:33 [INFO] CraftBookCommon 3.0-alpha1 enabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] CraftBookCircuits 3.0-alpha1 enabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] CraftBookMechanisms 3.0-alpha1 enabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] CraftBookVehicles 3.0-alpha1 enabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.0.296 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    08:37:33 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.0.296 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    08:37:33 [WARNING] Permissions 2.5.1 or higher not found! Please update Permissions. Disabling HeroChat.
    08:37:33 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.7.1 disabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] 1.6.0.143 enabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] [iConomy] v4.4 (Arcadia) loaded.
    08:37:33 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun, Coelho]
    08:37:33 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] version 0.97 initialized!
    08:37:33 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Successfully linked with iConomy.
    08:37:33 [INFO] Nether v1.1 enabled
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.1 enabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard: Single session is enforced.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard: TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard: Lighters are PERMITTED.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard: Lava fire is blocked.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard: Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    08:37:33 [INFO] WorldGuard 4.0-alpha1 enabled.
    08:37:33 [INFO] Done (0.129s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >

And this is my config file and yes it is renamed

Code:
    # System is no longer used, but may become used in the future
    # Copies is for multiple-world support
    #   Put the name of the world you wish for it to be a clone of, otherwise leave it empty.
    #   If this file is for your default world (the one in server.properties) then you must
    #   leave copies blank.
    #  Example: copies: Derp    -  This will clone the permissions of the world Derp
    #
    # Make sure to rename this file to the name of the world that is in sever.properties under
    # level-name.  So if it is level-name: world  then this should be world.yml and in the
    # plugins/Permissions directory (ie. plugins/Permissions/world.yml)
    #
    # NOTE: Do not use tabs while editing this document.  Use only spaces.  A good way to avoid
    # doing this is to use Notepad++ and replace the tab with 4 spaces.
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies:

##
    # AntiBuild is included with this.  To disable a group from being able to build then
    # set the build: flag to false (build: false).  If you want a group to be able to build
    # then set it to true.
    ##
    # Groups can contain inheritance.
    #   To make a group inherit the permissions from another
    #   group simply place the groups name in the "inheritance:" like so:
    #
    #   Example:
    #       inheritance:
    #           - Default
    ##
    #   All permissions including the asterisks must be placed in single quotes.
    #   like so:
    #
    #       - 'foo.bar'
    #
    #   Otherwise errors will happen!
    ##
    #   Globalized Permission settings:
    #
    #       If a permission contains periods (.) you can denote a globalized parameter:
    #
    #           - 'foo.*'
    #
    #       This will allow you to use all general commands.
    #
    ##
    #   Single Asterisk denotes all commands:
    #
    #       - '*'
    #   If you give a group this permissions, do not have the group inherit any permissions
    #   from other groups.  Any users assigned to this group should NOT be given any additional
    #   permissions either.
    ##
    #   To exempt a node use the - prefix like so:
    #       - '-foo.bar'
    ##
    #   prefix: and suffix: do not do anything on their own.  You need another outside plugin
    #   such as iChat or HeroChat in order for these to do anything.
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: 'Members'
                suffix: ''
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - ''
        Moderator:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: 'Mod'
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - ''
        Admins:
            info:
                prefix: 'Owner'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

##
    # Users denote which users are included in which group.
    # TheNo1Yeti is in the Admin group
    # Herpina is a member of the Moderator group but also has access
    # to the herp.derp permissions
    # Derpina is a member of the admin group but does not have access
    # to the derp.derp permission node
    # Users can also have a prefix and suffix as seen with Herpina
    ##
    users:
        Rich_Penguin:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
      BobbyTruman:
            group: Moderator
            info:
                prefix: ''
            permissions:

any help will be gratefully accepted, please help :D

5. Ah i´ve found the issue and there is no error so far...

but when i make sb admin it dont works hes still guest!

can somebody please help me?

6. Offline

leetgamer

Has TheYeti abandoned us? It'd be nice if he at least popped in to answer a few of these questions.

7. Offline

karl

yeah, i need help asap with my problem becuase i cant set up many other plugins without permissions working

8. Offline

kexus

When will this be updated to work with 556?

9. Offline

puyttre

Code:
    10:51:25 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    10:51:25 [INFO] Loading properties
    10:51:25 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    10:51:25 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-
    g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)
    10:51:25 [INFO] Preparing level "Truztee"
    10:51:25 [INFO] Preparing start region
    10:51:26 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\Permissions.jar in plugins: null
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:113)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:159)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:107)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
    rce)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:109)
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: while scanning a simple key
     in "<reader>", line 85, column 9:
                ^
    could not found expected ':'
     in "<reader>", line 86, column 9:
                permissions:
                ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.stalePossibleSimpleKeys(Scanne
    rImpl.java:400)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.needMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.jav
    a:231)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:18
    2)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingValue.produce(P
    arserImpl.java:592)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:132)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java
    :230)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:12
    2)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseCons
    tructor.java:124)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:73)
            at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.<init>(Permissions.java:
    82)
            ... 13 more
    10:51:26 [INFO] CommandBook 1.1 enabled.
    10:51:26 [INFO] CommandBook: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configu
    ration file for permissions.
    10:51:26 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.2 enabled.
    10:51:26 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configura
    tion file for permissions.
    10:51:26 [INFO] Done (0.089s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >
    [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\Permissions.jar in plugins: null
    Same error as many.

My Permissions File:
    http://pastebin.com/3N1uKpk9

Renamed World to Truztee, File to Truztee, and set worldname=Truztee

Please help! Thanks

10. Offline

karl

ok becuse im getting no help on here i tried removing all my other plugins and just leaving permissions and it still dosnt work what am i doing wrong?

this is my config file for permissions that has been renamed

Code:
    plugin:
        permissions:
            copies:

groups:
        Default:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
               - 'iConomyChestShop.shop.use'
               - 'iConomyChestShop.shop.sell'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'falsebook.*'
                - 'essentials.*'
                - 'magiccarpet.*'
                - 'herochat.*'
                - 'iConomyChestShop.shop.*'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

users:
        rich_penguin:
            permissions:
        Bobbytruman:
            permissions:

and this is my error i am getting

Code:
    Last login: Sat Mar 19 15:55:15 on ttys000
    /Users/karlwestley/Desktop/Bukkit\ Server/LaunchServer.command ; exit;
    Karl-westleys-iMac:~ karlwestley$ /Users/karlwestley/Desktop/Bukkit\ Server/LaunchServer.command ; exit;
    15:58:06 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    15:58:06 [INFO] Loading properties
    15:58:06 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    15:58:06 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)
    15:58:06 [INFO] Preparing level "Minecraft"
    15:58:06 [INFO] Preparing start region
    15:58:07 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/Permissions.jar in plugins: null
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:113)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:159)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:107)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:109)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.<init>(Permissions.java:77)
        ... 13 more
    15:58:07 [INFO] Done (0.069s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >

what am i doing wrong?

11. Offline

Moe041991

same error over here

12. Offline

karl

yeah im not sure why -.- must be something to do with corrupt file or we have the wrong craftbukkit or something like that

13. Offline

Moe041991

same error with 556 and 531

14. Offline

Moshimarktwo

Okay. So after 4 odd hours of trouble shooting I have gotten Permissions to work on Craft Bukkit 552. However, now I am trying to figure out how to prevent people from having access to commands besides a select few. Here is my current config. So far as I can tell it doesn't matter how I set the permissions, everyone can still do everything command wise.

Code:
    plugin:
        permissions:
            copies:

groups:
        Default:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - ''
        User:
            info:
                inheritance:
                permissions:
                    - '-essentials.*'
                    - 'wormhole.use.sign'
                    - 'wormhole.use.dialer'
                    - 'wormhole.use.compass'
                    - 'wormhole.remove.own'
                    - 'wormhole.build'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - ''
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
    users:
        MoshiMarkTwo:
            group: User
            permissions:
        Xaldibik:
            info:
            permissions:
        RickTrandom:
            group: User
            permissions:

15. Offline

Shilofax

Does This Support Group Tags and Colors If So How do I Add Them, I've Tried changing the Prefix and Suffix, but with no success.
    Any Help is Appreciated.
    Thanks-

16. Offline

zaklampje

Yes, if u could do that, I would be very satisfied :p

17. Offline

Octane

guys my permissions is not working, i got my admin working, then i put my self in the default group while trying to get mywarp and myhome to work, got that owrking, went to put my self back to admin and now it wont work, can somebody either A: correct the issue or B: telll me what i did wrong, i checked spacing for 4 spaces and stuff, anyhow heres the whole file of mine TYVM to anybody who helps me! :)

Code:
    #   Put the name of the world you wish for it to be a clone of, otherwise leave it empty.
    #   If this file is for your default world (the one in server.properties) then you must
    #   leave copies blank.
    #  Example: copies: Derp    -  This will clone the permissions of the world Derp
    #
    # Make sure to rename this file to the name of the world that is in sever.properties under
    # level-name.  So if it is level-name: world  then this should be world.yml and in the
    #
    # NOTE: Do not use tabs while editing this document.  Use only spaces.  A good way to avoid
    plugin:
        permissions:
            copies:

##
    # AntiBuild is included with this.  To disable a group from being able to build then
    # set the build: flag to false (build: false).  If you want a group to be able to build
    # then set it to true.
    ##
    #
    #   Example:
    #       inheritance:
    #           - Default
    ##
    #   like so:
    #
    #       - 'foo.bar'
    #
    ##
    #
    #       If a permission contains periods (.) you can denote a globalized parameter:
    #
    #           - 'foo.*'
    #
    #
    ##
    #
    #       - '*'
    #   If you give a group this permissions, do not have the group inherit any permissions
    #   from other groups.  Any users assigned to this group should NOT be given any additional
    #   permissions either.
    ##
    #       - '-foo.bar'
    ##
    #   prefix: and suffix: do not do anything on their own.  You need another outside plugin
    groups:
        Default:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'mywarp.warp.*'    'myhome.home.*'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

##
    ##
    users:
        Octanee:
            permissions:
                - '*'

zomgicanfly:
            permissions:

18. Offline

saturnine_nl

- 'mywarp.warp.*' 'myhome.home.*'

should be like:

- 'mywarp.warp.*'
    - 'myhome.home.*'

19. is there a new version? bukkit has a new build, and permissions is too old now!

greetings
    Chriss

20. Offline

Ardobras

hope we get a update soon...

21. Offline

epiqu1n

Seeing as to how a bunch of people are getting the "Permissions.jar in plugins: null" error with Permissions 2.5.4, or some other error with 2.5+, care to share what version you are using and how you got it to work?

22. Offline

Moshimarktwo

Oh ya, no problem. Craftbukkit version 552 and version 2.5.4 of this. I renamed my world folder to a new name and than named the permission config folder thingy to the new name as well.

23. Offline

Triggjo2

Here is my permissions file as well as a pic of the plugins folder:

Code:
    #   leave copies blank.
    #
    #
    plugin:
        permissions:
            copies:

##
    # AntiTrusted is included with this.  To disable a group from being able to Trusted then
    # set the Trusted: flag to false (Trusted: false).  If you want a group to be able to Trusted
    # then set it to true.
    ##
    #
    #   Example:
    #       inheritance:
    #           - Default
    ##
    #   like so:
    #
    #       - 'foo.bar'
    #
    ##
    #
    #
    #           - 'foo.*'
    #
    #
    ##
    #
    #       - '*'
    #   permissions either.
    ##
    #       - '-foo.bar'
    ##
    groups:
        Guest:
            info:
                prefix: '&9'
                suffix: '&9'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'foo.bar'
                - 'wormhole.use.dialer'
                - 'wormhole.use.sign'
                - 'essentials.afk'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'essentials.sethome'
                - 'essentials.home'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.portal'
                - 'essentials.list'
        Trusted:
            info:
                prefix: '&6'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.sethome'
                - 'essentials.home'
                - 'essentials.tell'
                - 'essentials.warp'
                - 'wormhole.use.dialer'
                - 'wormhole.use.sign'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.portal'
                - 'essentials.afk'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'essentials.back'
                - 'lwc.protect'
                - 'essentials.spawn'
        UnseeN:
            info:
                prefix: '&5'
            inheritance:
                - Build
            permissions:
                - 'izone.zones.allow'
                - 'izone.zones.disallow'
                - 'izone.zones.create'
                - 'izone.zones.expand'
                - 'izone.zones.list'
                - 'izone.zones.flag'
                - 'parties.party.create'
                - 'parties.pc'
                - 'parties.party.invite'
                - 'parties.party.accept'
                - 'parties.party.decline'
                - 'parties.party.tp'
                - 'parties.party.leader'
                - 'parties.party.kick'
                - 'parties.party.leave'
        Moderator:
            info:
                prefix: '&d'
            inheritance:
                - Trusted
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
                - 'essentials.time'
                - 'essentials.item'
                - '-lwc.admin'
                - 'essentials.tp'
                - 'essentials.tphere'
                - 'supplysign.access'
                - 'essentials.god'
        Skylord:
            info:
                prefix: '&f'
                suffix: '&f'
            inheritance:
                - Trusted
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
                - 'essentials.time'
                - 'essentials.item'
                - '-lwc.admin'
                - 'essentials.tp'
                - 'essentials.tphere'
                - 'supplysign.access'
                - 'essentials.god'
        Staff:
            info:
                prefix: '&2'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
                - '-permissions.reload'
                - '-essentials.say'
                - '-essentials.reload'
        Admin:
            info:
                prefix: '&f'
                suffix: '&4'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

##
    ##
    users:
        noelleis:
            group: Staff
            permissions:
                - '*'
        Ves14:
            permissions:
                - '*'
        triggjo2:
            group: Admin
            permissions:
                - '*'
        UnseeNTR4FF1C:
            group: Unseen
            permissions:
        portal765:
            permissions:
        lolatlol:
            group: Unseen
            permissions:
        snowshivaborn:
            permissions:
        takes4eva:
            group: Skylord
            permissions:
        david30:
            group: Trusted
            permissions:
        Wessah:
            permissions:
        svensky20:
            permissions:
        jochems:
            permissions:
        tijn18:
            permissions:
        keffa:
            permissions:
        UnseeNSundaY:
            group: UnseeN
            permissions:
        gerbewi:
            permissions:
        Henriknesset:
            permissions:
        chrismisterp:
            permissions:
        DCalzone:
            permissions:
        siemo888:
            permissions:
        baxstarzs:
            group: Skylord
            permissions:
        twofce411:
            permissions:
        heggemo:
            permissions:
        UnseeNRa2oR:
            permissions:
        eippoj:
            permissions:
        JungerMin:
            permissions:
        Notch:
            permissions:
        poxzer:
            permissions:
        bfflgirl61:
            permissions:
    Please note that i remove some of the plugins in teh picture but kept the folders

Attached Files:

24. Offline

epiqu1n

Many thanks. Also, if you mean you want to modify certain commands that users have by default with CraftBukkit (like /time), the main post says that you need another plugin to provide OP commands (and I assume that goes for removing default ones from normal players too).

25. Offline

Moshimarktwo

oh, no I wasn't trying to get rid of commands from craft bukket. But instead trying to remove some essentials ones. It seems to me like people shouldn't have them by default, but so far as I can tell people on my server do.

26. Offline

karl

anyone wanna tell em why my permission plugin isn't working post 1833 ^^

27. permissions is not for the new version of craftbukkit!
    You must wait for a new version of Permissions!

greetings
    Chriss

28. Offline

Octane

WELL GUYS SEEMS LIKE WHEN I ADD THE MYWARP AND MYHOME that it removes my /mc for magic carpet when i have the stuff in, i tried that other guys permissions and put my name in, it worked, when i put in the mywarp and stuff, i lost my magic carpet, but the new players could use mywarp and stuff
    so it made mywarp and myhome work for everybody, but i lost my magic carpet, whats up with that!

EDIT: its not the mywarp stuff, for some reason i just dont know whats going on!!! i repasted the guys thing and put my name in it, and before it worked, then i added my warp, didnt work, now i repasted his, put my name with out mywarp stuff, and i still dont have magic carpet!!??? i reload my server each time

29. Offline

leetgamer

Put a copy of your config file for permissions in the CODE tag so that we can help you better.

And for those having issues with permissions, I found that the permissions seem to work with the latest release and CB 531 as long as I didn't attempt multi-worlds. Once I tried multi-worlds it breaks.

30. Offline

Octane

Code:
    #   leave copies blank.
    #
    #
    plugin:
        permissions:
            copies:

##
    # then set it to true.
    ##
    #
    #   Example:
    #       inheritance:
    #           - Default
    ##
    #   like so:
    #
    #       - 'foo.bar'
    #
    ##
    #
    #
    #           - 'foo.*'
    #
    #
    ##
    #
    #       - '*'
    #   permissions either.
    ##
    #       - '-foo.bar'
    ##
    groups:
        Default:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'mywarp.warp.*'
                - 'myhome.home.*'    'myhome.home.*'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

##
    ##
    users:
        Octanee:
            permissions:
                - '*'

zomgicanfly:
            permissions:

31. Offline

ryanbrothers

Hi,
    I recently got the permissions plugin for my server and I am trying to figure out how to let my players access the give, time and tp commands without being an OP, they are in a group called "Moderator" but they are all ops so that they can use the commands.

How might I go about doing this?

Ryan Brothers../

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.