Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions v2.7.4 (Phoenix) - DISCONTINUED! 3.0 has a new home!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TheYeti, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheYeti

Permissions 2.7.4 (Phoenix) - Now with AntiBuild built in!
    Download:
    Latest Stable: Full Zip | Jar Only
    Latest Dev Build: Full Zip | Jar Only
    Previous Versions: 2.7.3 (JAR) | 2.7.2 (JAR) | 2.7.1 (JAR) | 2.7 (JAR) | 2.6 (JAR) | 2.5.5 (JAR) | 2.5.4 (JAR) | 2.5.3 (JAR) | 2.5.2 (JAR) | 2.5.1 (JAR) | 2.5 (JAR) | 2.4 (JAR) | 2.3 (JAR) | 2.2 (JAR)

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Permissions 2.x is being discontinued! 3.0 can be found HERE!!!

I am discontinuing Permissions 2.x and leaving the project. Permissions is not going away though! Since 2.6 I have been working closely with another developer and added them to the team. For the past several version they have not only been assisting with 2.x but also doing a lot of the development of much anticipated 3.x. rcjrrjcr will be taking over as lead developer of Permissions from 3.x forward. I have full faith in them and after working closely with them on the development on the last few version and the next major version I feel that I am leaving this project in more than capable hands. I put way to much work into this project to just leave it with anyone, and this is one of the few programs that I am incredibly proud of.

Many people will probably wonder why I am leaving again after taking over the project just a few months ago. I could quote drama and headaches, of which there were quite a few with this project. Unfortunately real life happens. Many people already know that I have been having medical issues here lately. Unfortunately while they have gotten better, they have not gone away. This coupled with other real life commitments, going to school full time, and starting up my own company, I am currently in the process of being laid off from work. At this point I have so much stuff going on in my life and am being pulled in so many directions that I am not able to get any work done on anything. This has lead to me missing commitments and letting people down on multiple things.

Permissions is also a very high maintenance plugin that requires a lot of attention and time. Right now I am not able to devote that time and do not feel it is fair for me to try to continue to be the lead developer on it. I had originally thought that adding other members to the team would be helpful, but unfortunately this just lead to frustration for them and myself as I just was not able to commit to the project enough. Hence, 3.0 has been rewritten almost exclusively by rcjrrjcr with minimal contributions by myself.

At this point I will be stepping away from the project to focus more on real life and to try to free up some time for other projects and to work with more individual like the wonderful HeroCraft Coding team to fulfill some commitments that I made to them a long time ago and sadly did not come through on. I feel that this is the best for all involved, both myself and the other Permissions developers, as well as the community who deserve someone who can contribute more time and attention to them and supporting them. I do not want to see Permissions end up like many other plugins with an absentee programmer and just slowly wasting away from a great plugin with a lot of potential to a headache with no support.

I will still be active in the community, just not as much as not in the same way. I'm sure my server will be more than happy to have their head admin back and active again as well.

Thank you and happy gaming.

Changelog
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems
      • Pulled in commits by rcjrrjcr
      • Fixed versioning. Last version should have technically been 2.6
      • Fixed invalid config file being written
      • Fixed erroneous conversion message.
      • Updated to be compliant with CB600+
      • Further Maven Integration and Autobuilding
      • Better handling of configuration file errors.
        • If you do not have a world config file for the default world at startup it will now look for config.yml
        • If it cannot find that it will look for world.yml instead in case you named it that when that is not what is in level-name:
        • It will rewrite the config file to be the proper name. At this time it does not delete the old one though.
      • Removed defunct public abstract calls. If your not using the right one by now you should be shot anyway.
        • Added Command aliases for perms and pr
        • Changed the way directories are handled.
        • Stopped it from creating an empty <world>.yml file in base directory
        • Moved project to using Maven.
      • Change from File.pathSeparator to File.separator to fix multiworld perms
      • Added more instructions to the included config file within the plugin
      • Added a check that will use the default world permissions if a world specific config file cannot be found.
      • Added a function to get only the group that a player is assigned to without checking for group inheritance.
      • Added a change to colorize() to fix it hopefully not adding an extra unneeded ascii character and thus creating a linebreak/color switch issue
      • Removed permissions.info as it was not needed and was a artifact of testing I was doing.
      • Fixed a bug that could cause a group to be returned as null for getGroups()
      • Added in AntiBuild functionality to Permissions
      • Minor code tweaks
      • Added getGroups(world, player) to PermissionHandler so that plugins can call it to get all of a users groups
      • Fixed the inability to use the permissions -reload all command from within the console. I still need to do some more work on this as it doesn't seem to like to accept anything other than all from console.
      • Refactored namespaces to keep in line with Java & Bukkit policy
        • This was cancelled as it ended up being not needed
      • Fixed setupPermissions()
      • Undid removal of some code that I had overzealously purged during cleanup
      • Merged in last of Nijikokun's changes
      • Re-ordered the main class to attempt to fix the problems with Plugin API
      • Developer change
      • Fixed reloading of configuration files
      • Moved commands to registering with plugin.yml
      • Commands now use onCommand instead of onPlayerCommand
      • Command is now /permissions instead of /pr
    [/SPOILER]

mruczek, kahlilnc, Pii and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Jandalf

it isnt any language i think its the minecraft color codehttp://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/Zaneo_photo/?action=view&current=Colour.jpg&newest=1
    --- merged: Mar 1, 2011 1:38 PM ---
    permissions is only the basis u need other plugins to work with, try out iChat and general (the unofficial one, not the one in the OP) for the first

3. Offline

Newbington

Hi,
    I've installed this plugin and i'm using several plugins with it that are now all functioning correctly, after some very tedious config tweaking. Now i'm stuck with the most basic of problems - nobody can build. I'm admin, my friend is Op, both have build: true in the config ymls (which are named appropriately for both loaded worlds) but we can't delete or place blocks? anybody got any ideas?

4. Offline

tedmazer

hello, i have a problem when i run permissions the yml isnt there in the folder. help?

5. Offline

Newbington

There should be a config.yml in your root server directory, just rename it so its the name of your world and place it in your permissions folder

6. Offline

Jandalf

ok, copy your permissions to pastebin.com, ill look at it

7. Offline

Newbington

http://pastebin.com/3k79dwxY

its the same for both worlds i'm running

8. Offline

Jandalf

then why do u use copies when u have twice the same file?
    and u got an overload you are an admin who have with '*' all permission, but u add additional permission to yourself. thats crashed the actual version of permission remove the permissions from urself

9. Offline

Newbington

Oh ok i thought i'd have to make 2 ymls for each seperate world, thanks a lot :D i'll test it out now

EDIT: everything's working perfectly :D thanks

10. Offline

jwideman

NOTE: For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, this replaces the need to have entries in ops.txt. Names listed in ops.txt will ALWAYS have access to ALL commands.
    If you have access to all commands but none of your users can use any, you probably have your name in ops.txt and your permissions config is not loading.
    If you have a plugin that doesn't support Permissions so you put your users names in ops.txt, they will completely bypass Permissions and have access to all commands.

11. Offline

tehdisco

Sorry for double post, mine got buried and was not very well explained.
    http://pastebin.com/pSqmZNXL

I get no response from commands stating that I dont have access, if I add a prefix to my user group it does not display. I can run /me, /who, /help etc. But admin commands are not available and guests build false does not do anything. All help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running what I think to be the latest build of permissions and general with no other mods. Oh, I am also in OPS.txt

I have no console access sadly as it is a hosted server with limited options.

12. Offline

Jandalf

http://pastebin.com/aS7Yr905 i corrected it for u forgot an : and there where 2 spaces too much in the users section
    and for the prefix/suffix u need an additional plugin like iChat or HeroChat

13. Offline

tehdisco

Thank you so very much! That fixed everything. I <3 you.

14. Offline

Jandalf

15. Offline

Trisnt

16. Offline

Jandalf

17. Offline

Trisnt

Thanks for the help, so used to C# that i closed it with a ) solved it!

18. Offline

Rogem

I get the following error with this config file (http://pastebin.com/xPNebBLc) I need some help, because with my knowledge of bukkit modding, it'll be impossible to fix. The only thing that I get from this error, is that the parser is complaining about enter key before Line 52. Not really sure, though.

Code:
    [INFO] Rogem [/5.174.77.9:53055] logged in with entity id 185
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE] while scanning for the next token
    found character     '\t' that cannot start any token
     in "<reader>", line 52, column 1:
                - 'essentials.signs.disposal.*'
        ^

2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:360)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockSequenceEntry.produce(ParserImpl.java:510)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockSequenceFirstEntry.produce(ParserImpl.java:502)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeSequenceNode(Composer.java:203)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:158)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:73)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.load(Control.java:144)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.loadWorld(Control.java:108)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.getGroup(Control.java:523)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.getGroup(Control.java:1074)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at com.earth2me.essentials.chat.EssentialsChatWorker.updateDisplayName(EssentialsChatWorker.java:33)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at com.earth2me.essentials.chat.EssentialsChatWorker.onPlayerJoin(EssentialsChatWorker.java:28)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at com.earth2me.essentials.chat.EssentialsChatPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(EssentialsChatPlayerListener.java:27)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:130)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:97)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:87)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:68)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:46)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:34)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:87)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
    2011-03-01 17:51:32 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

19. Offline

Jandalf

the \t says that u have a tab in the yml file, replace it with spaces

20. Offline

Tebbs

Hello, I have a problem with Permissions, I'm pretty sure it's because I'm running the latest version of HeroChat (v3.21) and it hasn't been updated yet. But could someone please have a look?
    http://pastebin.com/xFEgk2zH

Thankyou!

21. Offline

Dragory

I'm getting the config file parse error (I think) - any ideas? My permissions file is as follows: http://69.160.84.80/world.txt

I've tried checking it, but haven't found any errors myself. And I have used spaces, not tabs.

22. Offline

Jandalf

its very simple: you have a empty line with tabs between player and mod and yml doesnt like tabs use spaces instead, or simply remove the empty line
    --- merged: Mar 1, 2011 4:38 PM ---
    its an overload problem, should be fixed soon, but to fix it for yourself dont let someone have douple permissions mods have 'commandbook.*' and 'myhome.home.*' I which they partially have through the inheritance of the player group. delete the inheritance or replace the wildcard (*) witch the nodes that the mods should have and the player not.

23. Offline

Dragory

Ah, thank you. I read about the overload problem from the OP but somehow still managed to do the mistake.

24. Offline

Tebbs

I did that but it's still not working. I'm not sure if this is because of HC or me just being stupid.
    http://pastebin.com/eM68qAEG

25. Offline

Jandalf

26. Offline

Tebbs

27. Offline

Juze

Anyone tell what's wrong with this permissions config? 2.4

http://pastebin.com/Bz7Y0S1C

It errors on citizens. EDIT: Fixed prefix to have '&f[&7Citizen&f] &f', not sure if the problem is fixed.

Code:
    2011-03-01 18:03:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to HeroChat
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.getGroupPrefix(Control.java:555)
    at com.herocraftonline.dthielke.herochat.util.MessageFormatter.createLeader(MessageFormatter.java:137)
    at com.herocraftonline.dthielke.herochat.util.MessageFormatter.formatMessageWrapped(MessageFormatter.java:164)
    at com.herocraftonline.dthielke.herochat.Channel.sendMessage(Channel.java:513)
    at com.herocraftonline.dthielke.herochat.HeroChatPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(HeroChatPlayerListener.java:31)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:160)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:607)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:595)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

28. Offline

ALufkin24

It works fine from what I see. I'm waiting for a friend to come on to my server to see if it's working right with the commands and such. But, is there suspose to be a 'world.yml' in the craftbukkit file? I know there is one in permissions file. Is it suspose to be like that?

Thanks for the review of the yml.

29. Offline

Jandalf

yeah i also recognize this, i thing it shouldnt be there ill tell it theyeti to fix

30. Offline

Tobbi

i still get an error, but not the same i think( its not spaming so much anymore) look at this pic....and btw thank u for taking your time to help me, i really apreciete it ;) P.S do you think i should have 2.4 or 2.5 ?

Attached Files:

31. Offline

Steve Member

Just looking at integrating this with our servers unfortunately the fact that config filename has to change to match world name makes it impossible to support currently, as well as making it harder for admins to use :(

Is there any chance this could be changed to support a single config file e.g. config.yml which has a set of "global" world permissions in addition to "world" specific overwrides if the admins want that level of control.

This will make the permissions much easier to use for admins :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.