Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions v2.7.4 (Phoenix) - DISCONTINUED! 3.0 has a new home!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TheYeti, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheYeti

Permissions 2.7.4 (Phoenix) - Now with AntiBuild built in!
    Download:
    Latest Stable: Full Zip | Jar Only
    Latest Dev Build: Full Zip | Jar Only
    Previous Versions: 2.7.3 (JAR) | 2.7.2 (JAR) | 2.7.1 (JAR) | 2.7 (JAR) | 2.6 (JAR) | 2.5.5 (JAR) | 2.5.4 (JAR) | 2.5.3 (JAR) | 2.5.2 (JAR) | 2.5.1 (JAR) | 2.5 (JAR) | 2.4 (JAR) | 2.3 (JAR) | 2.2 (JAR)

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Permissions 2.x is being discontinued! 3.0 can be found HERE!!!

I am discontinuing Permissions 2.x and leaving the project. Permissions is not going away though! Since 2.6 I have been working closely with another developer and added them to the team. For the past several version they have not only been assisting with 2.x but also doing a lot of the development of much anticipated 3.x. rcjrrjcr will be taking over as lead developer of Permissions from 3.x forward. I have full faith in them and after working closely with them on the development on the last few version and the next major version I feel that I am leaving this project in more than capable hands. I put way to much work into this project to just leave it with anyone, and this is one of the few programs that I am incredibly proud of.

Many people will probably wonder why I am leaving again after taking over the project just a few months ago. I could quote drama and headaches, of which there were quite a few with this project. Unfortunately real life happens. Many people already know that I have been having medical issues here lately. Unfortunately while they have gotten better, they have not gone away. This coupled with other real life commitments, going to school full time, and starting up my own company, I am currently in the process of being laid off from work. At this point I have so much stuff going on in my life and am being pulled in so many directions that I am not able to get any work done on anything. This has lead to me missing commitments and letting people down on multiple things.

Permissions is also a very high maintenance plugin that requires a lot of attention and time. Right now I am not able to devote that time and do not feel it is fair for me to try to continue to be the lead developer on it. I had originally thought that adding other members to the team would be helpful, but unfortunately this just lead to frustration for them and myself as I just was not able to commit to the project enough. Hence, 3.0 has been rewritten almost exclusively by rcjrrjcr with minimal contributions by myself.

At this point I will be stepping away from the project to focus more on real life and to try to free up some time for other projects and to work with more individual like the wonderful HeroCraft Coding team to fulfill some commitments that I made to them a long time ago and sadly did not come through on. I feel that this is the best for all involved, both myself and the other Permissions developers, as well as the community who deserve someone who can contribute more time and attention to them and supporting them. I do not want to see Permissions end up like many other plugins with an absentee programmer and just slowly wasting away from a great plugin with a lot of potential to a headache with no support.

I will still be active in the community, just not as much as not in the same way. I'm sure my server will be more than happy to have their head admin back and active again as well.

Thank you and happy gaming.

Changelog
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems
      • Pulled in commits by rcjrrjcr
      • Fixed versioning. Last version should have technically been 2.6
      • Fixed invalid config file being written
      • Fixed erroneous conversion message.
      • Updated to be compliant with CB600+
      • Further Maven Integration and Autobuilding
      • Better handling of configuration file errors.
        • If you do not have a world config file for the default world at startup it will now look for config.yml
        • If it cannot find that it will look for world.yml instead in case you named it that when that is not what is in level-name:
        • It will rewrite the config file to be the proper name. At this time it does not delete the old one though.
      • Removed defunct public abstract calls. If your not using the right one by now you should be shot anyway.
        • Added Command aliases for perms and pr
        • Changed the way directories are handled.
        • Stopped it from creating an empty <world>.yml file in base directory
        • Moved project to using Maven.
      • Change from File.pathSeparator to File.separator to fix multiworld perms
      • Added more instructions to the included config file within the plugin
      • Added a check that will use the default world permissions if a world specific config file cannot be found.
      • Added a function to get only the group that a player is assigned to without checking for group inheritance.
      • Added a change to colorize() to fix it hopefully not adding an extra unneeded ascii character and thus creating a linebreak/color switch issue
      • Removed permissions.info as it was not needed and was a artifact of testing I was doing.
      • Fixed a bug that could cause a group to be returned as null for getGroups()
      • Added in AntiBuild functionality to Permissions
      • Minor code tweaks
      • Added getGroups(world, player) to PermissionHandler so that plugins can call it to get all of a users groups
      • Fixed the inability to use the permissions -reload all command from within the console. I still need to do some more work on this as it doesn't seem to like to accept anything other than all from console.
      • Refactored namespaces to keep in line with Java & Bukkit policy
        • This was cancelled as it ended up being not needed
      • Fixed setupPermissions()
      • Undid removal of some code that I had overzealously purged during cleanup
      • Merged in last of Nijikokun's changes
      • Re-ordered the main class to attempt to fix the problems with Plugin API
      • Developer change
      • Fixed reloading of configuration files
      • Moved commands to registering with plugin.yml
      • Commands now use onCommand instead of onPlayerCommand
      • Command is now /permissions instead of /pr
    [/SPOILER]

mruczek, kahlilnc, Pii and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

jolee1995

THANX ALOT!! I just forgot to update plugins... lol It works Perfectly now!! THANX!!

3. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Status update on the pull request: I'm nearly done, just need to add commands for adding/removing permissions from a node. Also, I will add a temporary fix for the NULL problem until Bukkit accepts my pull and adds it to the RBs. I'm sorry that I had to cause so much trouble by making Permissions save changes.

4. Offline

Lildirt

M
    I'm so stupid.. thank you so much, also what null word do I have in my .yml? I didn't see it.

5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Considering that the world is easily inferable from the player, I would highly recommend adding the functions back.

It's not a problem; that's normal behaviour. Permissions provides API to other plugins to change stuff like that. I'm guessing it's xWarp in this case that is doing it.

There's also Yeditor which does the same thing as PermissionsPlus, but slightly differently. I can't be bothered to get the link to it.

Seriously? This is not a fix for anything. It's not CraftBukkit 670 that overwrites the file, first of all; that's Permissions 2.6 doing it. Secondly, it may indeed include the word "null" when it overwrites the file. This is harmless; why go to all the trouble to get rid of it? Thirdly, setting the file to read-only will only prevent you from doing in-game changes whether with PermissionsPlus, Yeditor, or future core Permissions commands.

One thing you've got right though, and that's checking in Notepad++ or equivalent that there are no extra characters (such as the US character that someone somehow got in their file).

6. Offline

todd422

i've followed everything to the letter and still only Ops have permission to use cmds and still not recognized as admin on my own server, if anyone could look over my config that would be cool..
    reply if you'd be willing to look it over and see if im missing anything..
    thanks..

7. Offline

u83rju1c3

confirmed on my server... you have to edit the .yml file, then /permissions -reload all, otherwise perms will 'rollback' kinda.

8. Offline

JackTDawson

If you left CB670 to its own devices so to speak.. what I mean. if you didn't set the permissions YML config file to read only.. and you stop the server.. it actually overwrites the permissions file. And what it will do is add NULL at the ends of sections where there is no parameters.. if you don't see it, that's a good thing.. don't sweat it.. but if you have something like. Inheritance : with no parameters.. then once you stop the server, NULL would be put at the end of it. . Its why you have to set it to read only. Bukkit has this "glitch" that hopefully will be solved.

You obviously have not been keeping up with world events on this thread. Catch up with the rest of us before shooting down what all of us have figured out. Start 15 pages earlier and you'll see where myself and one of the coders, as well as several admins figured out how stopping the buckkit server ( 670 ) triggers permissions to overwrite the file. AND how it was discovered on how to temp fix the problem. You obviously are trolling.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  9. Offline

woodzy

this isnt /reload safe any more it seems if i edit the world.yml wile the server is online it wont take or if i try to use the ingame editer ( yedit plugin) it wont take eather, and it did work befor i updated to 2.6 CB#670, can you please have this work again. and i did notice that my world.yml file setup was changed all around used to be [set.up, perm.abc, like.this] for node setup but now its
    - like.this
    - do.you.see
    - liked.oldway

10. Offline

Planitia

I can't follow anything constructive from this thread at the moment because all it is is bickering and whining.

I'm on Bukkit 670
    Permissions 2.6

My permissions were working fine until I updated to 670. Now my commands work for each rank but they refuse to inherit ranks and it didn't work when I added ALL nodes to each rank progressively. They still only had access to commands the rank before didn't have. (I did infact remove the inhertance).

Plugins I am using:
    http://www.upnp-clan.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27

My Perms config file:
    http://pastebin.com/akU0g4Xw

NVM I FIXED IT

11. Offline

TheDeejay

I found this thread on the official minecraft forums which pretty much sums up my own question:

"I wanna give admins all permissions with - '*' but with a few exceptions so i dont have to write down all the commands and what group that have permissions for what."

I had myself as admin set to '*' for permissions and had a few commands with '-commandname.*' and such, but I still had access to such commands. Is it possible to do '*' with exceptions or must I manually add permissions to every single command in the mods I run?

EDIT: Here's my file if it's any help.

Code:
    groups:
        Admin:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&c'
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
                - '-essentials.time'
                - '-essentials.item'
                - '-essentials.give'
                - '-essentials.tree'
                - '-essentials.bigtree'
                - '-essentials.god'
                - '-mcmmo.tools.mmoedit'
                - '-mcmmo.tools.mcgod'
                - '-mcmmo.tools.mcrefresh'
                - '-essentials.back'
                - '-mcmmo.ability.*'
                - '-mcmmo.skills.*'
        Moderator:
            info:
                prefix: '&9'
                suffix:
            inheritance:
                - VIP
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.ban'
                - 'essentials.unban'
                - 'essentials.kick'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.setmyspawnother'
                - 'mcmmo.chat.adminchat'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.tpo'
                - 'essentials.tpohere'
        VIP:
            info:
                prefix: '&6'
                suffix:
            inheritance:
                - Countryside
            permissions:
                - 'mcmmo.regeneration'
                - 'essentials.tpa'
                - 'essentials.tpahere'
        Countryside:
            info:
                prefix: '&2'
                suffix:
            inheritance:
                - Explorer
            permissions:
        Guildsman:
            info:
                prefix: '&a'
                suffix:
            inheritance:
                - Explorer
            permissions:
        Explorer:
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'mcmmo.motd'
                - 'mcmmo.item.chimaerawing'
                - 'lwc.protect'
                - 'essentials.suicide'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.me'
                - 'essentials.afk'
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.whois'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.party'
                - 'mcmmo.chat.partychat'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.ptp'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.myspawn'
                - 'iConomy.access'
                - 'iConomy.rank'
                - 'iConomy.list'
                - 'iConomy.payment'
                - 'simpleshop.buy'
                - 'simpleshop.buy.gift'
                - 'simpleshop.sell'
                - 'ichat.color'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.ability'
                - 'essentials.tptoggle'
                - 'essentials.tpaccept'
                - 'essentials.tpdeny'
                - 'itemid.*'
                - 'essentials.portal'
                - '-essentials.back'
                - 'essentials.motd'
                - 'essentials.nick'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.setmyspawn'
        Guest:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '&8'
                suffix:
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'lwc.blockinventory'
                - 'essentials.suicide'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.me'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.afk'
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'mcmmo.motd'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.whois'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.party'
                - 'mcmmo.chat.partychat'
                - 'mcmmo.commands.ptp'
                - 'essentials.tpaccept'
                - 'essentials.tpdeny'
                - 'essentials.tptoggle'
                - 'iConomy.access'
                - 'iConomy.rank'
                - 'iConomy.list'
                - 'essentials.motd'
                - '-essentials.back'
    ##
    # Users denote which users are included in which group.
    # TheNo1Yeti is in the Admin group
    # Herpina is a member of the Moderator group but also has access
    # to the herp.derp permissions
    # Derpina is a member of the admin group but does not have access
    # to the derp.derp permission node
    # Users can also have a prefix and suffix as seen with Herpina
    ##
    users:
        TheDeejay:
            group: Admin
            info:
                prefix:
                suffix: ' &2(Countryside)'
            permissions:
                - 'permissions.reload'
    There are some other users, but they work fine so I figure I'll protect their privacy :p Any help is appreciated!

12. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Overloading those functions is possible. I'll add that to the TODO list of my pull request.
    It's not xWarp. Permissions saves the file even without changes. I might change that behavior to check if any changes were made before saving. Read my reply to woodzy below about YEdit. For PermissionsPlus, I have no idea how it works, without its source.
    Everything is mostly fine, but negated wildcard ranges (i.e "- 'mcmmo.skills.*'") don't work in the current release though. My fork has more or less fixed that. I'm finishing up some other stuff first.
    The NULL problem is easily solvable by extending SnakeYAML's representer to not write nulls. Sent a pull to Bukkit already.

I think YEdit modifies the YAML file directly, hence Y(AML)Edit. Permissions caches the file when it loads, so it does not find the changes unless you /reload, and it saves the cached version with changes, not the newly edited one. The new format is how SnakeYAML normally dumps data. There is no way to preserve the format that I know of yet.
    Where did you get the impression that I am the developer of this plugin?:D I'm merely submitting code to TheYeti for incorporation. I understand the confusion though.

13. Offline

u83rju1c3

try this .yml because again u have extra spaces, not enough spaces, what's going on there?

Attached Files:

14. Offline

Planitia

-essentials.kick Whats the extra - about? They don't inherit it from earlier groups so why even bother trying to remove it? Unless you are giving them kick, then still remove the extra -.

15. Offline

OrtwinS

My moderators need OP to use some commands, some plugins only use the OP system, no permissions/GM support.
    Because OPs get all WE commands by default, I block that with -worldedit.*, but I do want them to have the superpickaxe.

That, with GM I have multiple groups inheriting, with permissions overlapping each other on several occasions.
    GM doesn't care.

Ideally, I hope to see GM and permissions merging, taking the best of both worlds. It would finally end this permission 'schism'.

Or ofcourse a full permission system included in craftbukkit, but I dont want to put pressure on the devs for this. I'm already very happy they invest a lot of time and effort in making and maintaining CraftBukkit as it is.
    I think that without it the MC community wouldn't be half as big as it is now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

Thijs

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
            inheritance:
            permissions:

Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'WolfSpawn.release'
                - 'WolfSpawn.respawn'
                - 'WolfSpawn.spawn'

##
    ##
    users:
        Blackactivity:
            group: Admins
        Raykaro21:
            group: Moderator
        Naikro:
        Destinydeath:
        Corthax:
        Mittip:
    I have a problem, this is how my file looks like:

I am using Multicraft to administrate my server, and i have my files stored on a FTP. i gave my friends Moderator rights but for some reason they are not able to build or Remove dirt or blocks ANYWHERE. and its not even near the spawnpoint (the point where spawn if you die) this all happend after using Permissions v2.6 how come?

17. Offline

Toasty

@Thijs
    You should edit your post and use code tags. Otherwise, all the spaces are left out, and your indentation is lost.

18. Offline

JoshuaaLow

i got this when i installed the latest version..any idea how to fix it?

Code:
    at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.getGroups(Control.java:625)
    at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Listener.onBlockBreak(Listener.java:64)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$32.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:392)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.d(ItemInWorldManager.java:157)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:99)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:356)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    2011-04-12 13:37:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to Permissions
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$32.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:392)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.b(ItemInWorldManager.java:118)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:359)
    2011-04-12 13:37:19 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to Permissions

19. Offline

ryanbrothers

Hi, i'm getting errors whenever someone logs into the server:

18:38:57 [INFO] username [/255.255.255.255:00000] logged in with entity id 0000
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.inGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.NijiPermissionsResolver.inGroup(NijiPermissionsResolver.java:70)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.PermissionsResolverManager.inGroup(PermissionsResolverManager.java:106)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlugin.inGroup(WorldGuardPlugin.java:219)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(WorldGuardPlayerListener.java:313)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:204)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:98)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:87)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:68)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:46)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:34)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:87)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.inGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.NijiPermissionsResolver.inGroup(NijiPermissionsResolver.java:70)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.PermissionsResolverManager.inGroup(PermissionsResolverManager.java:106)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlugin.inGroup(WorldGuardPlugin.java:219)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(WorldGuardPlayerListener.java:317)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:204)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:98)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:87)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:68)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:46)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:34)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:87)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    18:38:57 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

I wasn't too sure whether this is a Permissions issue or whether it is a WorldGuard issue. The groups are all messed up and there are different permissions floating around. I have sent this same message to the developer of WorldGuard as well.

Thanks. Ryan~

20. Offline

Thijs

I have a problem, this is how my file looks like:

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:

Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'bar.foo'
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'WolfSpawn.release'
                - 'WolfSpawn.respawn'
                - 'WolfSpawn.spawn'

##
    ##
    users:
        Blackactivity:
            group: Admins
        Raykaro21:
        Naikro:
        Destinydeath:
        Corthax:
        Mittip:
    I am using Multicraft to administrate my server, and i have my files stored on a FTP. i gave my friends Moderator rights but for some reason they are not able to build or Remove dirt or blocks ANYWHERE. and its not even near the spawnpoint (the point where spawn if you die) this all happend after using Permissions v2.6 how come?

Edit: Using the codetags so layout isnt screwed!

21. Offline

xZise

Are you sure? Because I'm only calling “PermissionsWrapper.getPermissionInteger(String, String, String)”.

Fabian

22. Offline

rcjrrjcr

I tested your config in my test server by adding myself as a moderator, and I can build perfectly fine. Maybe it's another plugin. Do you have WorldEdit/WorldGuard? And can you access the server console or the logs via FTP to see what exceptions were thrown, if any?

No, it's a change in Permission's code that caused that. My change, specifically. All cached instances of Configuration are now saved with changes made by plugins in onDisable().

23. Offline

Thijs

i dont use both of them, downloaded the new .yml file and started over from scratch when i get home from work ill implement it and ask players if they are able to build/remove blocks. Untill then i keep the server running without permissions. Ill check when i get home and contact you if i still have problems with this.

24. Offline

Planitia

I fixed my problem.

A note to everyone. DO NOT TRY TO RELOAD THE PERMISSIONS CONFIG WHILE THE SERVER IS RUNNING. The file needs to be replaced while the server is OFF or it will instantly revert back to whatever it had before. PermissionsPlus is fine but if you change the file shutdown the server before uploading it again or it simply won't work.

25. Offline

rcjrrjcr

What plugins are you using?

26. Offline

UfaRock

Help please

27. Offline

JoshuaaLow

help please.

Code:
    Code:
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:99)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:356)
    2011-04-12 13:37:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to Permissions
    2011-04-12 13:37:19 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to Permissions

28. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Sorry but I just found this post. This happens because Bukkit's ConfigurationNode class inserts the supplied default value if it cannot find the node. Also, as I've been saying for the past few pages, 2.6 saves changes made by plugins calling addUserPermission() and other related functions. Thus, when xWarp queries that node, the default value supplied by Permissions (-1.0d) gets inserted as a new node. The nulls are a reported problem.

Can you post your FULL exception in code tags?
    Can I see your world.yml (or whatever it is named)?

29. Offline

JoshuaaLow

I believe im having the same problem as UfaRock.When i do a clean installation of permissions.it does not generate the contents of the world.yml file

30. Offline

rcjrrjcr

"it does not generate the contents of the world.yml file"
    What do you mean? Did you only download the jar or forgot to copy and rename RENAME-ME.yml? Or did you mean something else? The getGroups() exception is a known bug. I'm trying to isolate the causes.

31. Offline

UfaRock

and so on

Code:
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies: null
    groups:
        Default:
            info: