Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions 3.1.6 - The Plugin of Tomorrow [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by rcjrrjcr, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti)

Download:
    Latest Stable (3.1.6) : Full Zip | Main Jar Only | SQL Interface Jar Only

Previous Versions:
    3.1.5 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.4 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.3 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.2 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.1 (JAR) | 3.1 (JAR) | More older versions

COMMAND RESTRUCTURING
    Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL CONFIGS FOR NOW. THE GLOBAL CONFIG IS MEANT TO SUPPLEMENT WORLD-SPECIFIC CONFIGS, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. SEE https://github.com/TheYeti/Permissions/wiki/Global-vs-World .I WILL WRITE A PROPER TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE THE GLOBAL CONFIGS SOON.

TODO:
    • Revamp commands
    Known plugins that cause IllegalAccessError(s):

• Help (not fixed yet)
    Temp Fix for IAEs (open)

1. Open Help's JAR with 7zip.
    2. Find MANIFEST.MF (it can be in the root folder or in the META-INF folder, or both).
    3. Open the MANIFEST.MF file in a text editor
    4. Look for a line that starts with "Class-Path:".
    5. Delete "Permissions.jar" from that line.
    6. Save the manifest.
    7. 7zip will prompt you to save changes back into the archive. Accept.
    8. Restart server.

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Due to @TheYeti being busy in RL for now, I have created a new thread for Permissions 3.x. TheYeti is still part of the Permissions team.

Permissions... Reborn.
    This is a continuation of the work that was originally done by Nijikokun. All original credit goes to them as without their work this plugin would not have been possible. This plugin does not provide any commands or additional functionality beyond what is described in this post. That means that you need another plugin to provide colored names, chat prefixes, and op commands such as /give and /time.​

The Permissions Team

The team consists of myself @rcjrrjcr and @TheYeti currently with contributions from @Nijikokun as well on occasion. There are also several other members of the community who frequently assist with providing code changes, bug fixes, patches, support, feedback, and beta testing. Special thanks to @flames and the Dynmap & Wormhole X-Treme teams for the hosting of Permissions on their Jenkins server.

What's new in 3.x?

Taken from the GitHub page:
    1. In-game commands. For a long time, users have been pestering, nagging, demanding and/or screaming for an way to manage Permissions via commands. Now, in 3.0, in-game commands are available to manage permissions and groups.
    2. SQL storage. This allows web interfaces to manage Permissions by updating the SQL database Permissions uses.
    3. Promotion/demotion tracks. With a simple command, users can be promoted/demoted along a preconfigured track, allowing RP servers with ranks to promote the player along a class track and other possibilities.
    4. Multigroup.
    5. Weightage. Plugins are able to compare users via their weight, which is inherited from their groups. For example, SlapPlugin can check if Player A is higher-weighted than Player B when A tries to slap B (Not IRL, obviously).
    6. Improved world mirroring. Config files are now split into a group file and a user file. Also, by editing storageconfig.yml, you can configure the mirroring of entire worlds, or just its users/groups. You also do not have to create files for worlds that mirror another world. Also, two different worlds can use different storage types, like YAML and SQL.
    7. Global permissions. Instead of having to resort to cross-world group inheritance, now all worlds inherit groups and users from the global permissions file. Also, the inherited groups/users can be overridden via editing the specific world's file.
    Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x

I have written a guide on GitHub. This demonstrates how to convert 2.x-style configs to 3.0. The YAML-to-SQL converter are still in testing, but it can be downloaded from here. It's written in Perl. @Zgred has created a web version of the script located here. @omgneeq is working on an Web UI for SQL databases (Sorry about the previous statement that he was making a converter.)​

Install (open)
    For the admins

In case you missed the link above, the Setup Guide on GitHub will help you quite a bit

Samkio has updated his tutorial for P3:

First thing that you will need to do is download the plugin. Place it in your plugins/ folder and unzip it. This should create the folder Permissions and a Permissions.jar file in your plugins folder. Next, go into Permissions/ and create a folder named the same as your world. So if your world name from server.properties is Foo you will need to create the folder plugins/Permissions/Foo. You MUST rename it to whatever your world's name is or it will not work.

Note, if you have your server maps all saved into a single directory then the initial setup will be somewhat different. Say your maps are arranged in the main directory like so: bukkit/mapfolder/world1, bukkit/mapfolder/world2, etc. Then inside of the plugin/Permissions directory you will need to create a folder called mapfolder and inside of that put the directories containing users.yml and groups.yml in there.

Next, you will need to go in and add yourself to the users, just replace the user that is in there with your name. Make any other modifications that you need to. While making modifications make sure that you do NOT use tabs. These will break the YAML format and cause issues. Instead, each indent should be four spaces. If you want people who aren't in the Admin group to be able to reload the permissions plugin you need to give them 'permissions.reload' permissions within the config file.

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. More info about commands can be found here.

FAQ (open)

[FAQ]

[Q] What is with the version numbers? I can't keep up, it seems like every time I look there is a new version!
    [A] I use the GNU versioning system for my version numbers. So what this means is the version number should be read as Major.Minor.Revision. So for version 2.5.2 this would mean it is the 2nd Major version, the 5th Minor release in this version, and the 2nd revision. I tend to release bug fixes and anything that doesn't add functionality or will not break things as revisions. So generally you should be safe with just watching the major & minor numbers and only getting the revision if it fixes a bug specific to you. Technically 2.5.2 should have been released as 2.6 as it did add functionality, but this was below even a minor change so I released it as a revision.

[Q] I am getting an error that it can't pass BLOCK_PLACED or BLOCK _BREAK events to Permissions. Fix it!
    [A] That's not a question. The reason why it can't place these is probably because the syntax of your Permissions file is all whacked out, or it is a different world and you don't have a config file for that world.

[Q] What am I suppose to name the config file?
    [A] You need to name it the same as your world. So if you look in server.properties at "level-name" you will see a world name there. Rename your config file to the same thing as that. Make sure you keep the .yml extension at the end.

[Q] Permissions are broken. Why can no one use commands? Why am I not an admin?
    [A] First off, make sure that your formatting is correct. Look at the format that the default config file uses. Yours should look like that. Do NOT use tabs. Use 4 spaces (IE. " " <-- Four of those things.). Also, whichever group you give the permission '*' to, do not have that group inherit permissions from anyone else. That is called overloading and it will break things. Also, this.

[Q] Which one am I suppose to download and unzip to install this?
    [A] Download the main package, not the JAR only. Unzip the ZIP file. The JAR only downloads are simply there for people who are UPGRADING and do not need the default config file.

[Q] I have done all of this and this doesn't work! I'm going back to GroupManager!
    [A] Well, there is probably the problem. Make sure that you delete EssentialsGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge.jar as these don't play well with Permissions and will cause headache.

[Q] When are you going to add <blah> <feature/command> into this already? You suck! Do what I want NAU PL0X!
    [A] Feature requests should be posted on the GitHub tracker. Stupid suggestions like adding teleportation functionality and other less ludicrous stuff will be rejected.

Changelog
      • Major fixes.
      • Simplify tracks
    Changelog (open)

• Fix several minor bugs.
      • Autoconvert 2.x/GM format (only works if you split them into groups.yml and users.yml, but leave the rest untouched)
      • Fix YAML locking bugs.
      • Fix another SQL data and inheritance issue.
      • Fix SQL data issues.
      • Added user/group name autocomplete
      • Separated SQL interface into separate plugin
      • Fix prefix/suffix issues.
      • Added ON UPDATE CASCADE to the SQL foreign [/SIZE]
      • Tons of fixes.
      • Fix SQLite issues due to misimplementation of methods.
      • Fix cache-related NPEs
      • Fixed quoted worlds (thanks again @Jeyge !)
      • Fix LinkageError caused by ServiceManager not unloading the PermissionHandler class.
      • Added cache
      • Fix index not being incremented when promoting (thanks @Jeyge !)
      • Fixed another getGroup bug.
      • Fixed getGroup bug.
      • Fixed some NPE bugs.
      • Total overhaul of Permissions. Adds many new features (see What's new in 3.0?).
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems

Credits (open)

TheYeti:
    Nijikokun - Without their original work this plugin would not be possible.​
    All of the members of the community that regularly provide support in this thread for Permissions​
    Rigby, Kainzo, DThielke, GoMySQL, sk89q, RightLegRed - For hanging out with me in IRC, tons of testing, and pushing me to improve on the code constantly and make changes to make this plugin constantly better and better, and in general being entertaining.​
    Everyone else on here and in IRC who provides support, feedback, assistance, plugins that have continued to support and integrate this, and in general makes my life a bit easier, THANK YOU!​

rcjrrjcr:
    I would like to thank Joy , jamesg and omgneeq for staying in #permissions for long periods of time to test out 3.0, and help me find many coding mistakes I made, patiently waiting for the next build while I fixed the bugs. I appreciate SvenBrnn 's and GoMySQL(Geoff Winans on this forum) 's help that allow me to design and code the SQL interface, and the HeroCraft coding team for providing support and some priceless IRC quotes (Dgco). Also, I would like to thank Lycano for helping me in many different aspects. Last but not least, I would like to thank Nijikokun and TheYeti for developing P2, which was one of my core plugins when I was still a 14-year-old server admin that didn't understand Java, and was the base for 3.0. Without these people, 3.0 would never be possible.​

If after reading through all of that you are still having issues do one of two things. If it is a provable bug, and you have things like screenshots or copies of startup, steps to reproduce, your craftbukkit build and the version this is running along with your config files then submit the bug on the issue tracker. If it is general help or support you are needing then post a reply to this thread and someone will try to help you.

Old thread: Permissions v2.7.4

2. Offline

fahlman

If only it were that easy. There is no good conversion process from Permissions 3.1.6 to SuperPerms. Redoing permissions by hand, for large servers, is a big task.

3. Offline

MineMaster

Really? That's not good. Do you know of another plugin?

I thought that rjjrcr was taking charge of Permissions thoug, not stopping it!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  4. Offline

Jaker232

The transition is easy, all you gotta do is take permission nodes from a world and set them up into PermissionsBukkit. I could help you with this setup, in general.

@MineMaster
    Like I said, PermissionsBukkit support groups, so you don't have to keep giving each user nodes for that group-less group.

5. Offline

Gamebito

Do any of those support HeroChat's prefixes and suffixes? I really wished this plugin would continue...

6. Offline

Firepun

Aw darn. Permissions is the most important plugin in Bukkit, so WHY would they discountinue it? "HUR DURR I THINK I AM GOING TO DISCOUNTINUE PERMISSIONS AS IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT BUKKIT PLUGIN EVAR! HURR DURR...." I understand developers have other things to do, but seriously. Permissions is really important to a server so WHY???

And can i atlease GET some help?

7. Check the threads for those other permissions plugins and see. You are going to have to change over to one of them, so you can find out if the prefix thing works as expected as you research. I don't use chat prefixes, so I can't answer, but I would be surprised if they didn't.

This particular permissions plugin (there are at least three others that I know of) didn't seem to have been updated for a while (I've been following it since before 3.15b), then when the built-in Bukkit permissions came into existence around build 1000/1060, this plugin went inactive and was announced that it wasn't going to be updated any further.

Permissions plugins are important, I agree. However, you seem to have missed doing the basic research as to why this one alone has been discontinued. Again, there are at least three others I know of that are still actively being developed and support the Bukkit 'superperms'. They have been linked to at least three times in the thread already. Find the links, look at the plugin threads and pick one that will work for you and your server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  8. Offline

Leviathanx

If you want something as close to perms3 as possible, go with PEX. I use them for my server an have no issues.

MineMaster likes this.
  9. Offline

MineMaster

You could use the new built-in one that came with Bukkit 1000 right?

10. Offline

Leviathanx

Permissionsbukkit? yes. but its not that great to be honest. PEX has a lot more features and is easy to setup an migrate to.

MineMaster likes this.
  11. Offline

MineMaster

Does CommandBook work with PEX?

12. Offline

Gamebito

I found one called PermissionsEX (PEX). I highly suggest people to switch to this one who want one almost identical to Permissions3, becuase it's simple and easy to convert to!

13. Offline

Ajax_killer

this plugin is getting on my nerves

2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.3
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<reader>", line 20, column 40:
    ... - Admins info: prefix: '&4[Admin]
    ^

2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchValue(ScannerImpl.java:745)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:307)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:564)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:228)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeSequenceNode(Composer.java:204)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:158)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:82)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.performConversion(YamlUserStorage.java:35)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.<init>(YamlUserStorage.java:30)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.YamlCreator.getUserStorage(YamlCreator.java:33)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.StorageFactory.getUserStorage(StorageFactory.java:76)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.forceLoadWorld(ModularControl.java:95)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.loadWorld(ModularControl.java:86)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.load(ModularControl.java:116)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:181)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:133)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:110)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:133)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-09-04 22:21:15 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 7016764308676362658)
    2011-09-04 22:21:16 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: -7756273632558143436)
    2011-09-04 22:21:16 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 44%
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [ChestShop] version 3.04 initialized!
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [ChestShop] iConomy 5 loaded.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to ChestShop
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
    at com.Acrobot.ChestShop.Listeners.pluginEnable.initializePlugin(pluginEnable.java:65)
    at com.Acrobot.ChestShop.Listeners.pluginEnable.onPluginEnable(pluginEnable.java:54)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$44.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:548)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:892)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:178)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:161)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:286)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:273)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 14 more
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] CommandBook 1.5.2 enabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] CommandBook: Maximum wrapper compatibility is enabled. Some features have been disabled to be compatible with poorly written server wrappers.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] CommandBook: 0 banned name(s) loaded.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] CommandBook: 4 kit(s) loaded.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] CommandBook: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    at com.Acrobot.ChestShop.Listeners.pluginEnable.initializePlugin(pluginEnable.java:65)
    at com.Acrobot.ChestShop.Listeners.pluginEnable.onPluginEnable(pluginEnable.java:54)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$44.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:548)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:892)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278)
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [HELP] 0 extra help entries loaded
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [HELP] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v3.1.6
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [HELP] 0.3.2 enabled
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.10.3 enabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [iConomy] v5.01 (Eruanna) loaded.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun]
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] [Permissions] SQL Interface enabled!
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.6 enabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world) Single session is enforced.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world) Lighters are PERMITTED.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world) Lava fire is blocked.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world) Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'world"
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world_nether) Single session is enforced.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world_nether) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world_nether) Lighters are PERMITTED.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world_nether) Lava fire is blocked.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: (world_nether) Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    2011-09-04 22:21:17 [INFO] WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'world_nether"
    2011-09-04 22:21:18 [INFO] WorldGuard: Unable to register missing event type SNOW_FORM
    2011-09-04 22:21:18 [INFO] WorldGuard 5.2.2 enabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to ChestShop
    2011-09-04 22:21:18 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    2011-09-04 22:21:18 [INFO] Done (0.219s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] Stopping the server..
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] Stopping server
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] [ChestShop] version 3.04 shutting down!
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] [HELP] disabled
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.10.3 disabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] [iConomy] Plugin disabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] [ChestShop] Economy plugin disabled!
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] [Permissions] SQL Interface disabled!
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] WorldGuard 5.2.2 disabled.
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] Saving chunks
    2011-09-04 22:21:25 [INFO] Stopping server

14. Offline

Leviathanx

1. was it really necessesary to post all that without a spoiler tag?
    2. This plugin is clearly outdated an inactive so you wont receive any help.
    3. Switch to a new perms plugin.

15. Offline

themadman300

I know this is a wierd question but i need help
    How do i promote users and demote in-game and when i login to server using ip localhost it does not put
    my name in users.yml and the permissions.yml is completly empty so should it be empty?

Here is a copy of my server files, also i am using the new 3.1.6 update

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

16. Offline

Winner1

Hi!

A quick question. Can I change the default group names (default, member, moderator, admins) to whatever I want? And then just change the inheritance to make it work? I don't want to ruin my server so I thought I'd ask here first.

//I tried changing the words and the essentials plugin stopped working, why's that?

O, and how can I give moderators full commands of certain plugins. I'd like to give them full access to world guard and world edit. I tried to write - wordledit.* and - worldguard.* in to the permission conf but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Fress.

17. Offline

brnr72

People, look at subject of this thread. It is no longer supported. Time to move on, nothing more to see here.

18. Offline

dupsmckracken

what is the active permissions now, or is there no longer one?

19. Offline

Lebensdauer

@dupsmckracken I believe most people use Permissions Ex now, atleast from the support I've seen, It's fairly similar but obviously updated quite a bit ;].

20. Offline

John Kapsis

I am sorry if this sounds stupid, ut does anyone know why when i set build to false that group can't even push a button.
    how can i change that??

21. Probably becasue the plugin puts interaction under building. That being said, I never had that problem when I was using this plugin.

The only permissions plugin I know of that lets you set this level of granularity is Permissions EX, which an active plugin, unlike this one which is discontinued and inactive.

22. Offline

themadman300

Guys i am using this permissions and i wanna know HOW CAN I PROMOTE USERS i am not in owner group atm so i wanna promote myself whats the consle command??? Also i want to give a tag and a colour to users how to do that please just awnser my question.

These are my server files <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

23. Set build to true and put this plugin.
    [SEC] AntiGuest - Prevent guests from griefing

I use this combination and I have no problem

Cordialy

24. Offline

HaydenCappadona

19:25:08 [SEVERE] mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<reader>", line 72, column 14:
    tracks: track: - Guest - Member - Moderator
    LOL what?

25. Offline

rymate1234

Is nobody gonna lock this thread?

PERMISSIONS 3 IS OUTDATED.

Switch to PermissionsEX or bPermissions

26. Offline

NinjaZidane

From the status on his profile, the Yeti looks like he is returning to work on Permissions

I SINCERELY hope that he chooses to ONLY do Superperms with it...else...this madness shall never end....

I know that as a developer....I will NOT support Non-Superperms...not now...not ever.

27. Offline

decebaldecebal

i LOVE this plugin it is the best Permissions plugin and i still use it on my server and it works like a charm!

28. Offline

l3g1th4x

16:44:55 [SEVERE] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl$RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.<init>(ModularControl.java:64)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:179)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:133)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:110)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:133)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    16:44:55 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    16:44:55 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    16:44:55 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.

Please help! (this is what i get at startup)

29. Offline

Croslicre

30. Offline

fahlman

I spent the better part of two days switching from Permissions 3 to BukkitPermissions. It's a lot of work, but it will be worth it when this stops working with a future CraftBukkit update (possibly Minecraft 1.8, which might be out very soon). It's not hard work, it's just tedious.

31. Offline

Robert Pendell

Everyone should be moving to either PermissionsEx, bPermissions, or BukkitPermissions by now. I switched over to PermissionsEx personally but it was to keep Herochat working among other items. I did some tinkering with it and managed to get vanilla perms working in it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.