Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions 3.1.6 - The Plugin of Tomorrow [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by rcjrrjcr, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti)

Download:
    Latest Stable (3.1.6) : Full Zip | Main Jar Only | SQL Interface Jar Only

Previous Versions:
    3.1.5 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.4 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.3 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.2 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.1 (JAR) | 3.1 (JAR) | More older versions

COMMAND RESTRUCTURING
    Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL CONFIGS FOR NOW. THE GLOBAL CONFIG IS MEANT TO SUPPLEMENT WORLD-SPECIFIC CONFIGS, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. SEE https://github.com/TheYeti/Permissions/wiki/Global-vs-World .I WILL WRITE A PROPER TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE THE GLOBAL CONFIGS SOON.

TODO:
    • Revamp commands
    Known plugins that cause IllegalAccessError(s):

• Help (not fixed yet)
    Temp Fix for IAEs (open)

1. Open Help's JAR with 7zip.
    2. Find MANIFEST.MF (it can be in the root folder or in the META-INF folder, or both).
    3. Open the MANIFEST.MF file in a text editor
    4. Look for a line that starts with "Class-Path:".
    5. Delete "Permissions.jar" from that line.
    6. Save the manifest.
    7. 7zip will prompt you to save changes back into the archive. Accept.
    8. Restart server.

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Due to @TheYeti being busy in RL for now, I have created a new thread for Permissions 3.x. TheYeti is still part of the Permissions team.

Permissions... Reborn.
    This is a continuation of the work that was originally done by Nijikokun. All original credit goes to them as without their work this plugin would not have been possible. This plugin does not provide any commands or additional functionality beyond what is described in this post. That means that you need another plugin to provide colored names, chat prefixes, and op commands such as /give and /time.​

The Permissions Team

The team consists of myself @rcjrrjcr and @TheYeti currently with contributions from @Nijikokun as well on occasion. There are also several other members of the community who frequently assist with providing code changes, bug fixes, patches, support, feedback, and beta testing. Special thanks to @flames and the Dynmap & Wormhole X-Treme teams for the hosting of Permissions on their Jenkins server.

What's new in 3.x?

Taken from the GitHub page:
    1. In-game commands. For a long time, users have been pestering, nagging, demanding and/or screaming for an way to manage Permissions via commands. Now, in 3.0, in-game commands are available to manage permissions and groups.
    2. SQL storage. This allows web interfaces to manage Permissions by updating the SQL database Permissions uses.
    3. Promotion/demotion tracks. With a simple command, users can be promoted/demoted along a preconfigured track, allowing RP servers with ranks to promote the player along a class track and other possibilities.
    4. Multigroup.
    5. Weightage. Plugins are able to compare users via their weight, which is inherited from their groups. For example, SlapPlugin can check if Player A is higher-weighted than Player B when A tries to slap B (Not IRL, obviously).
    6. Improved world mirroring. Config files are now split into a group file and a user file. Also, by editing storageconfig.yml, you can configure the mirroring of entire worlds, or just its users/groups. You also do not have to create files for worlds that mirror another world. Also, two different worlds can use different storage types, like YAML and SQL.
    7. Global permissions. Instead of having to resort to cross-world group inheritance, now all worlds inherit groups and users from the global permissions file. Also, the inherited groups/users can be overridden via editing the specific world's file.
    Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x

I have written a guide on GitHub. This demonstrates how to convert 2.x-style configs to 3.0. The YAML-to-SQL converter are still in testing, but it can be downloaded from here. It's written in Perl. @Zgred has created a web version of the script located here. @omgneeq is working on an Web UI for SQL databases (Sorry about the previous statement that he was making a converter.)​

Install (open)
    For the admins

In case you missed the link above, the Setup Guide on GitHub will help you quite a bit

Samkio has updated his tutorial for P3:

First thing that you will need to do is download the plugin. Place it in your plugins/ folder and unzip it. This should create the folder Permissions and a Permissions.jar file in your plugins folder. Next, go into Permissions/ and create a folder named the same as your world. So if your world name from server.properties is Foo you will need to create the folder plugins/Permissions/Foo. You MUST rename it to whatever your world's name is or it will not work.

Note, if you have your server maps all saved into a single directory then the initial setup will be somewhat different. Say your maps are arranged in the main directory like so: bukkit/mapfolder/world1, bukkit/mapfolder/world2, etc. Then inside of the plugin/Permissions directory you will need to create a folder called mapfolder and inside of that put the directories containing users.yml and groups.yml in there.

Next, you will need to go in and add yourself to the users, just replace the user that is in there with your name. Make any other modifications that you need to. While making modifications make sure that you do NOT use tabs. These will break the YAML format and cause issues. Instead, each indent should be four spaces. If you want people who aren't in the Admin group to be able to reload the permissions plugin you need to give them 'permissions.reload' permissions within the config file.

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. More info about commands can be found here.

FAQ (open)

[FAQ]

[Q] What is with the version numbers? I can't keep up, it seems like every time I look there is a new version!
    [A] I use the GNU versioning system for my version numbers. So what this means is the version number should be read as Major.Minor.Revision. So for version 2.5.2 this would mean it is the 2nd Major version, the 5th Minor release in this version, and the 2nd revision. I tend to release bug fixes and anything that doesn't add functionality or will not break things as revisions. So generally you should be safe with just watching the major & minor numbers and only getting the revision if it fixes a bug specific to you. Technically 2.5.2 should have been released as 2.6 as it did add functionality, but this was below even a minor change so I released it as a revision.

[Q] I am getting an error that it can't pass BLOCK_PLACED or BLOCK _BREAK events to Permissions. Fix it!
    [A] That's not a question. The reason why it can't place these is probably because the syntax of your Permissions file is all whacked out, or it is a different world and you don't have a config file for that world.

[Q] What am I suppose to name the config file?
    [A] You need to name it the same as your world. So if you look in server.properties at "level-name" you will see a world name there. Rename your config file to the same thing as that. Make sure you keep the .yml extension at the end.

[Q] Permissions are broken. Why can no one use commands? Why am I not an admin?
    [A] First off, make sure that your formatting is correct. Look at the format that the default config file uses. Yours should look like that. Do NOT use tabs. Use 4 spaces (IE. " " <-- Four of those things.). Also, whichever group you give the permission '*' to, do not have that group inherit permissions from anyone else. That is called overloading and it will break things. Also, this.

[Q] Which one am I suppose to download and unzip to install this?
    [A] Download the main package, not the JAR only. Unzip the ZIP file. The JAR only downloads are simply there for people who are UPGRADING and do not need the default config file.

[Q] I have done all of this and this doesn't work! I'm going back to GroupManager!
    [A] Well, there is probably the problem. Make sure that you delete EssentialsGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge.jar as these don't play well with Permissions and will cause headache.

[Q] When are you going to add <blah> <feature/command> into this already? You suck! Do what I want NAU PL0X!
    [A] Feature requests should be posted on the GitHub tracker. Stupid suggestions like adding teleportation functionality and other less ludicrous stuff will be rejected.

Changelog
      • Major fixes.
      • Simplify tracks
    Changelog (open)

• Fix several minor bugs.
      • Autoconvert 2.x/GM format (only works if you split them into groups.yml and users.yml, but leave the rest untouched)
      • Fix YAML locking bugs.
      • Fix another SQL data and inheritance issue.
      • Fix SQL data issues.
      • Added user/group name autocomplete
      • Separated SQL interface into separate plugin
      • Fix prefix/suffix issues.
      • Added ON UPDATE CASCADE to the SQL foreign [/SIZE]
      • Tons of fixes.
      • Fix SQLite issues due to misimplementation of methods.
      • Fix cache-related NPEs
      • Fixed quoted worlds (thanks again @Jeyge !)
      • Fix LinkageError caused by ServiceManager not unloading the PermissionHandler class.
      • Added cache
      • Fix index not being incremented when promoting (thanks @Jeyge !)
      • Fixed another getGroup bug.
      • Fixed getGroup bug.
      • Fixed some NPE bugs.
      • Total overhaul of Permissions. Adds many new features (see What's new in 3.0?).
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems

Credits (open)

TheYeti:
    Nijikokun - Without their original work this plugin would not be possible.​
    All of the members of the community that regularly provide support in this thread for Permissions​
    Rigby, Kainzo, DThielke, GoMySQL, sk89q, RightLegRed - For hanging out with me in IRC, tons of testing, and pushing me to improve on the code constantly and make changes to make this plugin constantly better and better, and in general being entertaining.​
    Everyone else on here and in IRC who provides support, feedback, assistance, plugins that have continued to support and integrate this, and in general makes my life a bit easier, THANK YOU!​

rcjrrjcr:
    I would like to thank Joy , jamesg and omgneeq for staying in #permissions for long periods of time to test out 3.0, and help me find many coding mistakes I made, patiently waiting for the next build while I fixed the bugs. I appreciate SvenBrnn 's and GoMySQL(Geoff Winans on this forum) 's help that allow me to design and code the SQL interface, and the HeroCraft coding team for providing support and some priceless IRC quotes (Dgco). Also, I would like to thank Lycano for helping me in many different aspects. Last but not least, I would like to thank Nijikokun and TheYeti for developing P2, which was one of my core plugins when I was still a 14-year-old server admin that didn't understand Java, and was the base for 3.0. Without these people, 3.0 would never be possible.​

If after reading through all of that you are still having issues do one of two things. If it is a provable bug, and you have things like screenshots or copies of startup, steps to reproduce, your craftbukkit build and the version this is running along with your config files then submit the bug on the issue tracker. If it is general help or support you are needing then post a reply to this thread and someone will try to help you.

Old thread: Permissions v2.7.4

2. Offline

andrewkm

Check your global use flag (to see if its denied)
    /region info __global__
    if that dont wory try
    /region flag __global__ use allow
    -
    let me know.

3. Offline

Plazmotech

HELP
    I've set a prefix to the group "Admins" as "[King]"
    Then I set Plazmotech (me) to the group admin. When i type, nothing happens sooooo here.

GlobalGroups :
    Code:
    ##
    # AntiBuild is included with this.  To disable a group from being able to build then
    # set the build: flag to false (build: false).  If you want a group to be able to build
    # then set it to true.
    ##
    # Groups can contain inheritance.
    #   To make a group inherit the permissions from another
    #   group simply place the groups name in the "inheritance:" like so:
    #
    #   Example:
    #       inheritance:
    #           - Default
    ##
    #   Globalized Permission settings:
    #
    #       If a permission contains periods (.) you can denote a globalized parameter:
    #
    #           - 'foo.*'
    #
    #       This will allow you to use all general commands.
    #
    ##
    #   Single Asterisk denotes all commands:
    #
    #       - '*'
    ##
    #   To exempt a node use the - prefix like so:
    #       - '-foo.bar'
    ##
    #   prefix: and suffix: do not do anything on their own.  You need another outside plugin
    #   such as iChat or HeroChat in order for these to do anything.
    groups:
        Peasant:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '[Peasant]'
                suffix: ''
                build: false
            inheritance:
            permissions:
        HomeOwner:
            info:
                prefix: '[Home Owner]'
                build: true
            inheritance:
        Moderator:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '[Moderator]'
            inheritance:
                - HomeOwner
            permissions:
        Admins:
            info:
                prefix: '[King]'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

GlobalUsers :
    Code:
    users:
        Plazmotech:
            permissions: []
            groups:
            - Admins
        Herpina:
            groups:
            permissions:
            - herp.derp
        Derpina:
            groups:
            - Admins
            info:
                prefix: '&4'
            permissions:
            - -derp.derp

Evidence it doesn't work:
    2011-06-24_15.36.22.png

SOOO, help me...
    oh, and i left the storageconfig empty. HELP ME PLZ
    HELP

4. Offline

maestr0

The first command didn't work, so I used the second which created a region, but I still can't use workbenches.

5. Offline

Miore

Hello my name is mgadrim96 I have my own rpg server which sad to say is not up because of permissions. Before this latest update I was able to configure permissions with no problems what so ever. Now I cant promote people along tracks i can demote, they can spawn but cant build? When i try to alter the command by taking out optional parts in the command i get things like *track duesnt exist* though it dues *no tracks in defualt world* though defualt world is the only world with the only track in the entire plugin in it. So every time i try anyyy command that may work or may not this error report pops up.
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:287)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:678)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:671)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0
    at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.charAt(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.StringBuilder.charAt(Unknown Source)
    at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.extractQuoted(Permissions.java:823)
    at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onCommand(Permissions.java:365)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more
    if youd like to see my user and groups config then please ask and please tell me how to put it in a dropdown menu because i know it can become very annoying to see a whole page on the forums be nothing but one persons reply.

6. Offline

iidunno

Show Spoiler
    2011-06-24 17:51:25 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.6.6
    2011-06-24 17:51:25 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-06-24 17:51:25 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 69.197.189.157:25565
    2011-06-24 17:51:25 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-889-g22f4388-b928jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    2011-06-24 17:51:25 [INFO] Starting Minequery server on 69.197.189.157:25566
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] while scanning an alias
    in "<reader>", line 39, column 15:
    ^
    expected alphabetic or numeric character, but found but found
    in "<reader>", line 39, column 16:
    ^

2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanAnchor(ScannerImpl.java:1156)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchAlias(ScannerImpl.java:782)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:313)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockSequenceEntry.produce(ParserImpl.java:510)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockSequenceFirstEntry.produce(ParserImpl.java:502)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeSequenceNode(Composer.java:203)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:158)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.configuration.NotNullConfiguration.load(NotNullConfiguration.java:54)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.YamlGroupStorage.reload(YamlGroupStorage.java:178)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.YamlGroupStorage.<init>(YamlGroupStorage.java:29)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.YamlCreator.getGroupStorage(YamlCreator.java:58)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.data.StorageFactory.getGroupStorage(StorageFactory.java:129)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.forceLoadWorld(ModularControl.java:93)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.loadWorld(ModularControl.java:84)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.load(ModularControl.java:104)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:186)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:139)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:121)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 3980103)
    2011-06-24 17:51:26 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 6678219734878266781)
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 81%
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [WARNING] Version mismatch! Please update EssentialsChat to the same version.
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [WARNING] Version mismatch! Please update EssentialsSpawn to the same version.
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.3.3 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [WARNING] Version mismatch! Please update all Essentials jars to the same version.
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsChat build 2.3.2 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [WARNING] Version mismatch! Please update all Essentials jars to the same version.
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.3.2 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [INFO] Found Diamonds STARTED
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] 1.8.1.156 enabled.
    2011-06-24 17:51:27 [INFO] Loading Config File...
    2011-06-24 17:51:28 [INFO] [mcMMO] Permissions enabled.
    2011-06-24 17:51:28 [INFO] mcMMO version 1.0.23 is enabled!
    2011-06-24 17:51:28 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-06-24 17:51:28 [INFO] SimpleSave: Parts of config file are blank, but not null. Possible errors might happen.
    2011-06-24 17:51:28 [INFO] SimpleSave: DON'T! Post this 'warning' on the thread.
    2011-06-24 17:51:28 [INFO] SimpleSave: 3.13 Initialized
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] SpyerAdmin has completed updating the script successfully.
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] SpyerAdminCommands module version 1.4 stable, a spying utility for administrators and moderators (CommandBook commands module), is active. Part of the Spyer package by [nickguletskii200]
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] WorldBorder version 1.2.2 loading
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [WorldBorder] [CONFIG] Using square border, knockback of 3.0 blocks, and timer delay of 5.
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [WorldBorder] [CONFIG] Border-checking timed task started.
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [WorldBorder] [CONFIG] World "world" has border radius 1500 at X: 0.0 Z: 0.0
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [WorldBorder] [CONFIG] Will use plugin for permissions: Permissions v3.1.5
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] For reference, the main world's spawn location is at X: -64 Y: 64 Z: 10
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.6 enabled.
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] WorldEdit: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugin for permissions.
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] SpyerAdmin module version 1.4 stable, a spying utility for administrators and moderators (main module), is active. Part of the Spyer package by [nickguletskii200]
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [Factions v1.3.2] === INIT START ===
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [Factions v1.3.2] Loading conf from disk
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [Factions v1.3.2] Loading players from disk
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [Factions v1.3.2] Loading factions from disk
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [Factions v1.3.2] Loading board from disk
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [Factions v1.3.2] Found and will use plugin Permissions v3.1.5
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] [Factions v1.3.2] === INIT DONE (Took 89ms) ===
    2011-06-24 17:51:29 [INFO] Done (0.346s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

It says that every time I start my server and permissions aren't enabled.
    Show Spoiler

groups:
    Default:
    info:
    prefix: ''
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - essentials.me
    - essentials.list
    - essentials.msg
    - factions.participate
    - essentials.balance
    - essentials.pay
    - essentials.tpaccept
    - factions.create
    - essentials.signs.buy.use
    - essentials.signs.sell.use
    - mcmmo.regeneration
    - mcmmo.ability.unarmed
    - mcmmo.ability.swords
    - mcmmo.ability.excavation
    - mcmmo.ability.axes
    - mcmmo.ability.mining
    - mcmmo.ability.woodcutting
    - mcmmo.commands.whois
    - mcmmo.commands.ability
    - mcmmo.skills.*
    - mcmmo.ability.herbalism
    Owner:
    info:
    prefix: '&5&5'
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - vanish.vanish
    - vanish.noaggromobs
    - vanish.nopickup.list
    - vanish.nopickup
    - vanish.dont.hide
    - vanish.list
    - rankpunch.punch

/\ that's my globalgroups.yml

7. Offline

ACStache

you would type is as follows:
    Code:
    - '-permission.node'

8. Offline

rommac100

Help I not install permssion all it says in Terminal about permission 08:35:04 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Permissions.jar' in folder 'plugins': and yes i am on a mac

9. Offline

NuclearKamikaze

2 things what is YMAL and
    is there something wrong my consol gets spamed with yml stuff and server lags and crashes:
    Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - buttonwarp.use
            - buttonwarp.getreward
            - essentials.help
            - essentials.home
            - essentials.motd
            - essentials.sethome
            - essentials.spawn
        Moderator:
            info:
                prefix: 'MOD'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - essentials.tphere
            - essentials.tp
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - residence.admin
            - residence.create
            - essentials.item
            - essentials.give
            - buttonwarp.make
            - buttonwarp.admin.move
            - buttonwarp.admin.list
            - buttonwarp.admin.locate
            - buttonwarp.admin.freewarp

10. Offline

nitroxygen

i am having a problem with adding the info using the command: /permissions (g:)<target> (w:<world>) info set <path> (b:|d:|i:)<data> what does <path> mean i think if i know that it will help me. I have tried this "/permissions itsryan info set prefix i:&e"

11. Offline

Kararty

Nope not working, here is the server log...
    Code:
    2011-06-25 02:19:10 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit
    -0.0.0-823-gb9d0b04-b860jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    2011-06-25 02:19:10 [INFO] Preparing level "MSKserver"
    2011-06-25 02:19:10 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    2011-06-25 02:19:11 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 56%
    2011-06-25 02:19:11 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1
    2011-06-25 02:19:12 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 28%
    2011-06-25 02:19:15 [INFO] DataSourcePool [iConomyChestShop] autoCommit[false] t
    ransIsolation[SERIALIZABLE] min[2] max[20]
    2011-06-25 02:19:16 [INFO] SubClassFactory parent ClassLoader [org.bukkit.plugin
    .java.PluginClassLoader]
    2011-06-25 02:19:17 [INFO] Entities enhanced[0] subclassed[1]
    2011-06-25 02:19:17 [SERIOUS] mapping values are not allowed here
     in "<reader>", line 2, column 33:
           Player:       ExampleSpecific: '8'
                                        ^

2011-06-25 02:19:17 [SERIOUS] mapping values are not allowed here
     in "<reader>", line 2, column 33:
           Player:       ExampleSpecific: '8'
                                        ^

2011-06-25 02:19:18 [SERIOUS] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access cl
    ass com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl$RefreshTask from class com.nijiko.perm
    issions.ModularControl
    2011-06-25 02:19:18 [SERIOUS] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    2011-06-25 02:19:18 [SERIOUS] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to e
    rror(s).
    2011-06-25 02:19:18 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-06-25 02:19:18 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-06-25 02:19:18 [INFO] AXR: Loading/Scanning Chunks
    2011-06-25 02:19:22 [INFO] repack
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] 0/625 chunks loaded
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] 512/625 chunks loaded
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] AXR: hidden:195521 ores in 625 chunks 0.9546923828125
    %
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] AntiXRay 0.6.10 enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Hello, and thank you for using the TESTING
     version of BigBrother!
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please note that, since this is far from c
    omplete, there will be many bugs.
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] [BBROTHER] IF YOU FIND ANY BUGS, PLEASE REPORT THEM O
    N http://bugs.nexisonline.net/bb
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Please stay tuned in irc.esper.net #bigbro
    ther for updates and build notifications.
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [INFO] [BBROTHER] ------------------------------------
    2011-06-25 02:19:30 [ALLVARLIG] Error: null
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Building `bbdata` table...
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [BBROTHER] BBData H2 Driver r1 loaded!
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Building `bbworlds` table...
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Building `bbusers` table...
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Permissions plugin found but disabled. Ena
    bling 'Permissions' (v3.1.5).
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v3.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [VARNING] [BBROTHER] 'Help' isn't detected. No /help support

2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [BBROTHER] BigBrother 1.8-SNAPSHOT (build #526) enabl
    ed!
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [DeathControl] Version 1.0 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [iConomy] v5.01 (Eruanna) loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun]
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [DeathControl] Detected economy plugin: iConomy 5
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Using environment as template: normal
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Configuration of world MSKserver
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] center: org.dynmap.ConfigurationNode@282f0e0
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] enabled: true
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] title: MSKserver
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] maps: [{class=org.dynmap.flat.FlatMap, name=
    flat, title=Flat, prefix=flat, colorscheme=default}, {class=org.dynmap.kzedmap.K
    zedMap, renderers=[{class=org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer, name=surface,
    title=Surface, prefix=t, maximumheight=127, colorscheme=default}, {class=org.dyn
    map.kzedmap.CaveTileRenderer, name=cave, title=Cave, prefix=ct, maximumheight=12
    7}]}]
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] name: MSKserver
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loading maps of world 'MSKserver'...
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loading renderers for map 'class org.dynmap.
    kzedmap.KzedMap'...
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 2 renderers for map 'class org.dynmap
    .kzedmap.KzedMap'.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 2 maps of world 'MSKserver'.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Using environment as template: nether
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Configuration of world MSKserver_nether
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] center: org.dynmap.ConfigurationNode@1d02356
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] enabled: true
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] title: MSKserver_nether
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] maps: [{class=org.dynmap.flat.FlatMap, name=
    flat, title=Flat, prefix=flat, colorscheme=default, background=#300806}, {class=
    org.dynmap.kzedmap.KzedMap, renderers=[{class=org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRend
    erer, name=nether, title=Surface, prefix=nt, maximumheight=127, colorscheme=defa
    ult, background=#300806}]}]
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] name: MSKserver_nether
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loading maps of world 'MSKserver_nether'...
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loading renderers for map 'class org.dynmap.
    kzedmap.KzedMap'...
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 1 renderers for map 'class org.dynmap
    .kzedmap.KzedMap'.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 2 maps of world 'MSKserver_nether'.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 8 components.
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] Dynmap WebServer started on null:8123
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [dynmap] version 0.18 is enabled
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [EasyRGP] is initialized
    2011-06-25 02:19:31 [INFO] [EasyRPG] Loading config file
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [SEVERE] java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_NOTADB]  File opened
     that is not a database file (file is encrypted or is not a database)
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] FenceDoor By Ashour version 2.5 enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] 1.8.1.156 enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [HeroSpawn] Permissions system detected!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [HeroSpawn] Version 0.2 Enabled
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [Humiliation] Permissions enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [Humiliation] version 0.8 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] version 2.75 initialized!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] iConomy version 5 loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Permissions version 3.1.5 loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Lockette version 1.3.8 loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyDeath] Loaded configuration for world 'MSKser
    ver'
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyDeath] Loaded configuration for world 'MSKser
    ver_nether'
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyDeath] version 0.7 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [iConomyDeath] Payment method found (iConomy version:
     5)
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [ItemDrop] 1.2.1 is loaded 11 block(s) loaded
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] ItemVoid v1.1 - Loading Configuration!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] ItemVoid v1.1 - Loaded!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] LatencyTester 0.2 - Enabled
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] LavaPlace version 0.1 is enabled
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] Lockette version 1.3.8 is being enabled!  Yay!  (Core
     version 1.0)
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] Lockette: Detected craftbukkit build [860] ok.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] Lockette: Failed to link to Permissions plugin versio
    n 3.1.5!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] Lockette: Using ops file for admin permissions.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] Lockette: Ready to protect your containers.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] MarcoPolo version 0.2 enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] mcdCarpeteer version 0.1 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] Take yourself wonder by wonder, using
    /carpeteer or /mcdc.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [mcdCarpeteer] Restricted to: []
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [milkAdmin] v1.2-06.16 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [milkAdmin] Developed by: [Sharkiller]
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] MonsterBox version 0.1 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [milkAdmin] Listening on localhost:25000
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [SEVERE] [MYHOME]SQLite exception on initialize
    java.sql.SQLException: path to 'C:\Users\Karar\Desktop\Craft\plugins\MyWarp/warp
    s.db': 'C:\Users\Karar\Desktop\Craft\plugins\MyWarp' does not exist
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [SEVERE] [MYWARP] Could not establish SQL connection. Disabl
    ing MyWarp
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] NoWeather version 1.5 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [NPC-Quester]: Setting up config files
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [NPC-Quester]: Config file found!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [NPC-Quester]: Players file found!
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [NPC-Quester]: Permissions detected
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [NPC-Quester] Total quests: 10
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [NPC-Quester]: Players file is empty, ignoring.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] [NPC-Quester]: enabled
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] NSCommand 0.2 enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:32 [INFO] ←[36m[←[33mP2←[36m] version ←[33m3.1←[36m has been en
    abled.←[0m
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling PermissionsPlus v3.1
    (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Permissions version 3.1.5 loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] ←[36m[←[33mP2Aliases←[36m] ←[36m1.2 Enabled.←[0m
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks] Version 0.08 enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks] Set auto save interval to 36000
    in world "MSKserver"
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks] Set auto save interval to 36000
    in world "MSKserver_nether"
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks] Chunk Life Time: 300000ms
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks] Chunk Prune Time: 5000ms
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks] Monster Limit set to 0
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks] Monster Limiter:
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]         "MSKserver":
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]                 Max Monsters: 25
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]                 Allow Monsters:
    true
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]                 Allow Animals: t
    rue
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]         "MSKserver_nether":
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]                 Max Monsters: 25
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]                 Allow Monsters:
    true
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Performance Tweaks]                 Allow Animals: t
    rue
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [RealTeleporter] version [0.1] (tickleman) loaded
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [RetractableBridge] plugin version 1.3.6 by Captain_C
    haos enabled
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] SignLift - Copyright 2011 - Shannon Wynter (http://fr
    emnet.net)
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] SignLift version 0.7 is enabled :)
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] SimpleHome: Loading homelist...
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] done.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] SimpleHome version 1.5 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] StopLava: Permission system detected, being Op makes
    no difference.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] StopLava version 0.3 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] Tossers: Loaded plugin version 1.1!
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling uQuest v1.5 (Is it up
     to date?): java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.Stri
    ng
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] Vanilla version 0.1 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] [WeatherGod] Permission system detected.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] WeatherGod version 0.31 is enabled!
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.6 enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] WorldEdit: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permiss
    ions plugin for permissions.
    2011-06-25 02:19:33 [INFO] WorldGuard: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permis
    sions plugin for permissions.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [WARNING] Found option with no heading blacklist.txt for 'De
    ny lava buckets'
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: Blacklist loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver) Single session is enforced.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver) TNT ignition is blocked.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver) Lighters are blocked.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver) Lava fire is blocked.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver) All fire spread is disabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'MSKserver
    "
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver_nether) Single session is enfo
    rced.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver_nether) TNT ignition is blocke
    d.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver_nether) Lighters are blocked.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver_nether) Lava fire is blocked.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: (MSKserver_nether) All fire spread is dis
    abled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'MSKserver
    _nether"
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard: 13 regions loaded for 'MSKserver'
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] WorldGuard 5.0-alpha10 enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Permissions version 3.1.5 loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] [Citizens]: version [1.0.8h] (Realist) loaded
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Permissions version 3.1.5 loaded.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] [Citizens]: Permissions enabled.
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] [Citizens]: Payment method found (iConomy version: 5)

2011-06-25 02:19:34 [INFO] Done (2.395s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    [SimpleServer] Wrapper listening on 5.241.84.47:25565 (connect here)
    2011-06-25 02:19:34 [WARNING] Task of 'Citizens' generated an exception
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
    2011-06-25 02:19:36 [INFO] [BBROTHER] Removed 0 old records because of age in 0h
    00m00s.

Anything wrong?

12. Offline

thorncrown

Nobody? :(

13. Offline

palz2015

Prefixes don't show up (I use EssentialsChat for chat support) on a user basis (groups work fine). Is this permissions or Essentials?

EssentialsChat.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  14. Offline

Jaker232

[/spoiler]

I believe it should be capitalized or moved to line 1, column 1.

15. Offline

gamer1129

Hi. I was just updating my server with the new permissions system, and I am having a few issues. No matter what I do, it will not recognize me as the Owner rank from the global group. I did everything right. I copied the code from the wiki, and pasted. Re wrote the few parts like names, and it still wont work.

Show Spoiler

Globalgroups.yml

Code:
    groups:
        Owner:
            info:
            permissions:
                - '*'

GlobalUsers.yml

Code:
    users:
        gamer1129:
            groups:
            - Owner
            permissions: []

Main folder (main is my world's name)

groups.yml

Code:
    groups:
        Owner:
            info:
                prefix: '&f[&1Exec&f] '
        Default:
            permissions:
            inheritance:
    users.yml
    Code:
    users:
        gamer1129:
            permissions:
            groups:

It wont recognize it no matter what I do. Is this another glorious bug in this never updated plugin :p Or is it something I am doing?

16. Offline

Maxis010

nChat, works well for me and minimal set up

17. Offline

NuclearKamikaze

I ge t the same stuff : (

18. Offline

gamer1129

I have had a few issues with things like this in the past..... Some I never found... If I were you, I would go to the wiki and copy and paste the stuff, put it in and fill it in and put the you already have in it and try that... It may work.

19. Offline

Jaker232

You mean you've tried what I told to travman11 and you still get the same error?

Please post an error report from your console (stop the server and paste it from the log file) so I can look into it.

20. Offline

Liger_XT5

iChat does work, you have something set wrong.
    Use my configs as examples, yes, I am using iChat 2.3.1.

Groups
    Users
    iChat

---------------=================

I've noticed in CB 928, I can't use the /permissions commands.
    I noticed when I was fixing something, went to use /permissions -reload all, and I got the default unknown command message.

21. Offline

Xom

Does this apply if a person is in multiple groups and two groups that person is in share a node, i.e.
    Group1:
    permissions:
    - 'this.one'
    - 'that.one'
    - 'and.these'
    Group2:
    perm:
    - 'another.node'
    - 'perm.ception'
    Group3:
    - 'this.one'
    - 'pearl.jam'
    - 'that.was.random'

and person is in all three groups, would 'this.one' cancel out still? And if given to the person a third time, does three negatives still equal a negative? Or in this matter, three positives = a positive?

22. Offline

Windows_i7_920

Tracks don't work no matter what I do... I followed instructions to the word, with no results other than it not recognizing the tracks. Using Bukkit build 860.

Also the command is far too confusing. I really hope that isn't the dev's idea of simple because I have never encountered anything so confusing!

23. Offline

Xom

okay, so I just finally figured this out the right way....
    your groups.yml should include:
    tracks:
    FirstTrack:​
    - FirstRank​
    - SecondRank​
    -ThirdRank​
    (replace FirstTrack with the track name, and First/Second/ThirdRank with your group names in ascending order, i.e, FirstRank is lowest, PROmoting up to ThirdRank)​
    your permission node should look like this:
    - 'permissions.promote.<track>'​
    replace <track> with the name of your track CAPS COUNT, to have perms to promote any track
    - 'permissions.promote.*'​
    then type command
    "/pr <player> <promote/demote> <currentrank> <track>" (this is for default world, or world currently running)
    this pro/demotes <player> from rank <currentrank> along <track>​
    does that make sense?

24. Offline

NuclearKamikaze

I think I got it to work, I gotta make sure that it works then ill tell you whats the problem

25. Offline

gamer1129

OMG YES!!!! Thank you :D I've been having troubles with this for weeks. THANK YOU!!! :D

26. Offline

NuclearKamikaze

Np XD can you send me your groups config file or paste it in a code?

27. Offline

gamer1129

I put my global groups and world group in the original post........ its in the spoiler in code things.

28. Offline

Windows_i7_920

Thanks. Now the build system is broken. Nobody without the '*' node can build, even with no protection plugins running. I have DefaultCommands, but there is dc.do on their permissions...

29. Offline

IEclipseII

Gotta say, you're doing a great job as lead coder, everything works perfectly. nice job :)

30. Offline

NuclearKamikaze

i get the same thing did u get it to work? please help

31. Offline

Meapa

Am i the only one who saw this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.