Inactive [ADMN] Curse v1.3.3 - A new way of punishment on your server [1.1-R7 & 1.2.4-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TheCodeBoat, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Offline

TheCodeBoat

The Code Boat proudly presents:
    [​IMG]
    Curse - A new way of punishment on your server!
    Version: v1.3.3

Are you fed up with regular ways of punishing users that broke the rules on your server? If yes, Curse is the plugin for YOU!

What is Curse?
    Curse is a brand new User-Punishment method! Put a curse on any of your users and force them to behave!

What does a curse do?
    When you put a curse on your user/s, they will slowly lose health by moving around until you release them from the curse.

Awesome! How do I put a curse on my users?
    Just type: "/curse <username>" and watch them suffer a slow, painful death!
    Optional you can also type "/curse <username> <damage (1-99)>". For example:
    /curse mcwaffel 10
    (the lower the number is, the more damage the user gets while moving)

Cool, but how do I release them from the curse?
    Easy! Just type: "/bless [player]" and your user will be released from the curse.

But now I feel sorry for my users! What can I do?
    We have added a heal option just for you! This is how it works:
    /heal [player] [heal = 1-99 (optional)] [time need heal, default heal = 15 (optional)]

Full list of commands:
    * /curse [player] [damage = 1-99 (optional)] [time need damage, default damage = 15 (optional)]
    * /heal [player] [heal = 1-99 (optional)] [time need heal, default heal = 15 (optional)]
    * /bless [player]

Features:
    * Put a curse on users
    * Make them lose health by moving
    * Release them from the curse
    * Choose how much health they lose over time
    * Set a timer for how long the curse shall last
    * Heal your players if you feel like it

<font color="#ff0000">Downloads:</font>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Download Curse! (Direct-Download from our server)

Todo-List:
    * Some sort of animation for the victim
    * Configurable damage over time <font color="#339966">done!</font>
    * Optional time limit <font color="#339966">done!</font>
    * Permission support

Under consideration:
    * Mobs go after player

Changelog:

Version 1.3.3 (Skipped 1.3.2 release)
    * New Event handling system

Version 1.3.1
    * Only the admin who curses can bless now
    * Added error handling
    * Tested with newest build

Version 1.3
    * Added heal function (see commands for help)
    * Added Multithreading (Mutliple players slow the plugin down fixed)
    * Several minor bugfixes

Version 1.2
    * Added optional timer for length of curse
    * Recoded the whole plugin (cleaner code)
    * Bugfixes

Version 1.1.1
    * Added #1185 compatibility
    * Small bug fixes

Version 1.1
    * Added optional damage argument
    * Changed cmds from "/curseon" to "/curse" and "/curseoff" to "/bless"

Version 1.0
    * Initial release

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
    Iso and Noppoly like this.
  2. Offline

robot56

I would definatley prefer an external permission's plugin like Group manager,PEX or bPermissions I hate permissions bukkit but. And mabe add features like items degrade quicker along with hunger. Also, mabe auto messages.that can be toggleabe.

Isn't damage already implimentd? And what do you mean mobs go after you? They spawn and just go after the player? That's already been posted.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
    matt8263 likes this.
  3. Can you set it up for group manager

4. Offline

TheCodeBoat

We will shortly investigate this and fix the bug! Sorry for the inconvenience :(

5. Offline

TheCodeBoat

We couldn't reproduce this bug. We need more information about what exactly happened and what other plugins you are using that might interfered with Curse. Also you should double check if you typed the commands correctly.

6. I have mining TNT, fake op ,ultimate arena and this plugin. We have retried the command and we typed it in correctly but it says that we don't have the rights to use it.(this is for all users and even the console I have a feeling that they could have doubled the curse eg 2 players putting curse on the same player)

7. Offline

TheCodeBoat

We are testing the given environment with the latest build. Curse can ONLY be used by OPs and not regular users. Also only the ones who cursed a user can bless that user.

8. Offline

MrSmileyMC

I cursed my mate to see how it worked and when i tried to bless him it didnt work.
    Please can you fix curse since i would like to have it, but since bless is not working i had to delete it from my plugin folder so he would stop dying all the time. Once it is fixed tell me and i will download it again.

9. Offline

TheCodeBoat

Are you OP on the server? Do you use any other plugins? There's no way this bug could be caused without another plugin interfering.

10. Offline

facemywrath

you should add different types of curses, you should have one that makes gravity on all (natural) blocks within a (customizable in config) distance and have one that for every damage they do to an enemy they take half that. maybe give them names such as thorns, gravity, and yours could be entanglement.

11. Offline

TheCodeBoat

This does not meet our own ideas of what Curse should be like.