Inactive [ADMN/CHAT] WatchPM v0.3 - Be a stalker and watch what users say in PMs [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by NuclearW, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Offline

NuclearW

WatchPM - Be a stalker and watch what users say in PMs
    Version: v0.3

WatchPM watches commands and shows what messages are sent by players to OPs, or to players with the proper permission.

On first run WatchPM will create a file named 'config' in the 'WatchPM' folder. The default contents are as follows:
    Code:
    ReplyCommands=reply,r
    MessageCommands=msg,tell,pm
    In this file you may add commands to be watched as comma separated values. Note, a valid MessageCommand must be used in the form of /<command> <target> <message...>
    A valid ReplyCommand must be used in the form of /<command> <message...>

Any other commands added to this file that do not follow this form are untested, and considered unsupported.

WatchPM supports and is tested with PermissionsEx. WatchPM also supports default Bukkit Permissions! And will support any permissions plugin that does the same. WatchPM also tentatively supports Permissions 2.7.4 and 3.1.x, but is not tested against these.

WatchPM will record all pm's to the log file "pm.log" in the WatchPM folder. To disable logging, simply create a file with the name "no.log" in the WatchPM folder.

Features:
    • Lets admins watch user PMs
    • Supports PermissionsEx, Permission 2/3, Bukkit Permissions, and defaults to OP
    • Logs pm's to a log file
    Permissions:

Nodes (open)

• watchpm.* - Implies watchpm.stalker
    • watchpm.stalker - Any user with this node will receive all PMs sent

Download WatchPM

Changelog:
    • Version 0.3
      • Now supports Bukkit Permissions!
    • Version 0.2
      • Added Logging.
      • Version 0.2.1
        • Made the logger more wordy.
        • Added ability to disable logging.
      • Version 0.2.2
        • Fixed a null player exception.
        • Still need an error report about the reload bug
    • Version 0.1
      • First release.
      • Version 0.1.1
        • Bugfix release.
    WatchPM was suggested by @Ymoast

kahlilnc, maetthew and Ymoast like this.
  2. Offline

NuclearW

No, does it not work for you?

3. Offline

Sayshal

I have a busy server so I always ask before I try. Please update [1060] to [1337] so people are more open to downloading.

4. Offline

Sayshal

Doesn't work.. :(
    Server log:
    Code:
    2011-11-02 17:44:19 [INFO] Citizen Mayor geeray123:  got beef
    2011-11-02 17:44:31 [INFO] Solani64 -> MrBlue577: can you hear this
    2011-11-02 17:44:31 [INFO] [CommandBook]Solani64 told MrBlue577: can you hear this
    2011-11-02 17:44:34 [INFO] Citizen Solani64:  there we go
    2011-11-02 17:44:46 [INFO] Attempted to place a tile entity (net.minecraft.server.TileEntityFurnace@c415430) at 7,68,3 (SAND) where there was no entity tile!
    2011-11-02 17:44:49 [INFO] MrBlue577 -> Solani64: yup
    2011-11-02 17:44:49 [INFO] [CommandBook]MrBlue577 told Solani64: yup
    Screenshot of same chunk of chat:
    http://imgur.com/NPYot
    The player you see on the screen (me) has the '*' node AND the watchpm.* node for safe measures.. Doesnt work :(

5. Offline

NuclearW

What permissions plugin do you use, and what version of it?

6. Offline

Sayshal

bPermissions, latest dev.bukkit.org version.
    It seems to work *sometimes*

7. Offline

k427

Currently using commandbook to handle /msg /tell and /r with PEX and it isn't working. I think it might be command book, in the console the messages are retrieved

"2011-11-16 21:25:04 [INFO] Player1 -> Player2: test
    2011-11-16 21:25:04 [INFO] [CommandBook]Player1 told Player2: test"

So it looks like command book is intercepting and removing the /msg or /r before watchPM can see it.

Even more strange all the messages show up in the log. So I may be way off... :/

Also, would it be simple enough to add a toggle feature. ie /watchpm to toggle both off and on of the messages?

Thanks.

8. Offline

NuclearW

I'll see about adding in a toggle for it, also I'll see about redoing how permissions are handled, as this plugin was originally written pre-superperms.

9. Offline

k427

How's it coming? Did you have a chance to look at the issues or updating with the other features?

10. Offline

Sayshal

11. Offline

NuclearW

Will do later today.

You didn't have to make a thread asking for other people to recreate it though :I

12. Offline

Sayshal

Oh derp I totally forgot I posted here before I posted there. :p

Before you rage at what I'm about to say: I'm not rushing, just asking.
    Do you have an R5/R6/1.2 build available so I can check it off my checklist?

If you don't, just say no and ignore me! :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  13. Offline

NuclearW

http://ci.nuclearw.com/job/WatchPM/

Should be just fine, at least until I can update my link in the post and or move it over to a bukkitdev page

14. Offline

Sayshal

15. Offline

itsMEE

Thank you soo much for this update :)
    It works great yet and the need was surprisingly appearing and we didn't want Essentials. Thank you ! [diamond]

16. Offline

Demetridaravol

I've been wondering about the legal implications of this plugin. I mean, with the changing environment of cyber-law and privacy protection. What I'm really curious about is how people are going about it.. Are you telling everyone that you're using the plugin, and letting them know that their "private messages" aren't exactly private? or do you just not tell anyone and hope for the best?

'Cause I like the Idea, but I don't really want to get sued for violating people's privacy.

17. Offline

larse1989

doesent seem to work with tekkit? or am i doing it wrong? xD