[ADMN/CHAT] Can i haz op?!?!.....NO! - Stop annoying kids

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Celeixen, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Celeixen

Can I Haz Op?

Just a plugin i started working on a while ago, pretty simple but i hope it will help server admins/mods alot. Basically when a player asks for op/admin* the message is nulled , the player is told no! and they are kick for "No asking for op/admin".

Hopefully there isn't another plugin like this if there is tell me and i will try avoid being a copy.

Planned Features (open)

• Configurable Stings ("Sentences that activate the plugin")
    • alternate punishments ("TNT the player", "Spawn a skeleton on the player")

Basic workings:

When the player sends a message containing "Can i", "be" or "have", "Op" or "Admin" the plugin activates. although that is not the exact way the plugin works, so hopefully it won't interfere with normal chat.

I would be thankful if people could reply with the messages they most often get when a player asks to be Op/Admin.

E.g.
    • "Can i please have op"
    • "can i be an admin"
    • "am i allowed admin"
    • "Admin for me?"
    This will help increase the accuracy of my plugin, also if there is anyway you think this plugin may interfere with your server or standard chat please tell me your concerns :p

Hope you like :)

DragonSoulSong likes this.
  2. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *approves*

3. Offline

mindless728

you might want to include mod and possible VIP in as well, possible make a configuration with a list of strings

one for the prefix (can i), and the suffix (admin) so that if something is present from both lists it activates

4. Offline

Celeixen

Yea that's how its going to work (i don't want to affect things like "I need an admin's help").It will work around permissions so you can make it not affect anyone that has been approved (e.g builders,mods,admins).

5. Offline

mindless728

@Celeixen good to hear, sometimes developers forget amount small things like that....myself included

6. Offline

Celeixen

Rofl, the only thing i am worried about is a config file because that would probably muck it up if an admin was to fill it out wrong.

7. Offline

mindless728

well then you call them retarded and move on, though use the Configuration class in org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration and if they mess it up they will get an error saying their yaml file is wrong

8. Offline

Celeixen

I suppose but don't expect that straight away, for my first release I'll just try using my own string and settings and see how it works out :p

9. Offline

jaboy

dont forget players can say ...

Admin, can i build here ?!

am i allowed to build here, admin ?!

can i be here admin ....

Stuff like that :p

10. Offline

Celeixen

I think i might make it so if a word like "build" or "here" etc is in between it wont pick it up.

11. Offline

jaboy

but then players can say
    can i be admin here :p

12. Offline

Celeixen

Rofl, wtf i am sure i can compensate for that, anyway players that are already on the server (Builders, Mods) won't be affected if they have the permission.

13. Offline

jaboy

i will love to see the results :D

14. Offline

sukosevato

You should make it so that when someone asks for it they are struck down by lightning.

That'd be much cooler imo

15. Offline

Celeixen

Thats pretty smart i might add that, instead of just killing them :p

16. Offline

sukosevato

Way more fun as well that way. The automatic lightning strike and a message stating 'read the rules' or something. You could actually implement this for quite a few of basic questions asked about rules. And you can strike them down 'you did not read the rules or you would have known this, go read them again'. Obviously you'd have to put in the rules that asking for op or being an admin won't get you it etc..

17. Offline

Celeixen

Rofl, i was gonna make it imitate the server so the message is sent as "[Server]" so then they actually think it is an admin thats online doing it.

18. Offline

sukosevato

That's probably the easiest and best method yea. Make it like a server message.

19. Offline

saul100

add a jail also where they get tp's into a place (chosen by admins) and create Jail (the plugin) support

20. Offline

Celeixen

i suppose but do they really need all that punishment? i thought just a warning kick and a message would be enough but i suppose if that what you would like i could probably add that.

21. Offline

saul100

It would be a good idea, I guess. No need to do it if not necessary

22. Offline

Celeixen

yea i'll probably add it to my list of 100 & 1 ways to punish someone in minecraft :p

But yes i will probably add that :)

23. Offline

alexanderpas

easiest way to stop them, make asking for OP a bannable offense with only a single warning.

(Altrough I really like having 10 skellys spawn automatically on them if they ask for OP ;) )

24. Offline

boardinggamer

maybe have it as a plugin that you say "/ask <question>" if the question says "admin"
    lightning and msg come up
    else it will send the <question> to a notepad file like this
    <username>: <question>
    and so on

25. Offline

DragonSoulSong

Do this! <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.