Inactive [ADMN/CHAT] BukkitIRCd v0.9.4 - A standalone IRC server plugin for Bukkit [1.0.1-R1 - 1.2.3-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Jdbye, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Jdbye

BukkitIRCd by Jdbye
    - A standalone IRC server plugin for Bukkit
    Latest Version: v0.9.4

Also on BukkitDev! http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bukkitircd

Features:
    • Runs as either a standalone IRC server, or a IRC link to any InspIRCd server.
    • Standalone IRC server with ingame chat, easily integrated with website using a IRC widget or applet.
    • Whois for both IRC and ingame players, shows current world. Also works ingame.
    • Nickname suffix for ingame players to differentiate between IRC and normal players.
    • Nick changing on IRC, shows up ingame.
    • Public chat from IRC to game, and game to IRC.
    • Private messaging from game to IRC, IRC to game, and IRC to IRC.
    • Kicking, banning and listing IRC users and setting topic from ingame and IRC.
    • Reply quickly to messages using /ircreply
    • Execute server commands from IRC (oper only)
    • Ingame users show as separate users on IRC.
    • IRC notices from IRC to game, and IRC to IRC.
    • IRC joins/quits show up ingame, and vice versa.
    • Customizable MOTD read from motd.txt
    • Customizable messages read from messages.yml
    • User modes (op, protect, voice, etc.) based on permissions nodes.
    • Customizable color code conversion between IRC<->Game.
    • IRC formatting codes are supported ingame using ^B for bold, ^I for italic, ^U for underline, ^O for normal and ^K for color, and are stripped from ingame chat.
    • Dynmap support, IRC messages show up on dynmap and vice versa.
    Coming soon:
    • UnrealIRCd linking support
    • HeroChat/Towny support
    Commands: (arguments enclosed in parenthesis are optional)

Show Spoiler

• /irckick nick (reason) - Kicks someone from IRC. Aliases: /ikick
    • /ircban (type) nick/ip/fullhost (reason) - Bans a online user from IRC by their host, IP, nick or ident, or offline user by IP or full hostmask. (type) means you can type either one of host/ip/ident/nick to choose the type of ban. This is optional and it will use the config file setting if it's omitted. Aliases: /iban
    • /ircunban ip/fullhost - Unbans a user from IRC. Aliases: /iunban
    • /irclist - Lists all users currently on IRC. Aliases: /ilist
    • /ircwhois nick - Looks up any user currently on IRC. Aliases: /iwhois
    • /ircmsg nick message - Private messages any user currently on IRC. Aliases: /imsg, /im
    • /ircreply message - Reply to the last message you received from IRC. Aliases: /ireply, /ir
    • /irctopic newtopic - Changes the IRC topic. Aliases: /itopic
    • /irclink - Attempts to link to the remote IRC server if in linking mode. Aliases: /ilink
    • /ircreload - Reloads the configuration file. Aliases: /ireload
    • /rawsend command - For debugging purposes only. Sends a raw server command in linking mode. Disabled by default in the config file.
    • !players - IRC command to list online players. Can be disabled by setting the player-list message in messages.yml to an empty string.

Permission Nodes (Permissions 2.x/Superperms):
    Show Spoiler

• bukkitircd.kick - Permission for /irckick
    • bukkitircd.ban - Permission for /ircban
    • bukkitircd.unban - Permission for /ircunban
    • bukkitircd.list - Permission for /irclist
    • bukkitircd.whois - Permission for /ircwhois
    • bukkitircd.msg - Permission for /ircmsg
    • bukkitircd.reply - Permission for /ircreply
    • bukkitircd.topic - Permission for /irctopic
    • bukkitircd.link - Permission for /irclink
    • bukkitircd.reload - Permission for /ircreload
    • bukkitircd.* - Gives the player permission to all of the above.
    • bukkitircd.oper - Gives the player IRC Operator status. Currently doesn't do anything apart from show it in /whois
    • bukkitircd.mode.owner, bukkitircd.mode.protect, bukkitircd.mode.op, bukkitircd.mode.halfop, bukkitircd.mode.voice - Gives the player the corresponding IRC user mode.
    • bukkitircd.mode.* - Gives the player every IRC user mode. (except oper)

Download:

CB 1.2.3: http://www.thedepthsmc.com/bukkit/BukkitIRCd-MC1.2.jar
    CB 1.1 and below: http://www.thedepthsmc.com/bukkit/BukkitIRCd.jar
    Source is included in the JAR file and is licensed under GPLv3 GNU General Public License. This means you are free to release modified versions as long as the source is included.

Post bug reports, feature requests and similar either here or on the BukkitDev page.
    If you like this plugin, buy me a Red Bull.

Changelog:

Version o.9.4
    • Added a setting to disable IRC->Game notice support for servers on which services are messaging ingame players.
    • Updated to CB 1.2.3-R0.2
    • The "special characters are not allowed, unacceptable character '?' (0xFFFD)" should now be fixed for real.
    Version o.9.3
    • Some small bug fixes
    • Changed configuration to use UTF-8 encoding, this hopefully fixes the "special characters are not allowed, unacceptable character '?' (0xFFFD)" error
    • Added !players IRC command to list online players.
    • Some error messages made more detailed.
    Version o.9.2c
    • Fixed a small bug with mode changes in linking mode.
    Version 0.9.2b
    • Fixed dynmap error stopping the plugin from working.
    • Added softdepend for Dynmap and Permissions.
    Version 0.9.2a
    • Color code conversion now applies when executing console commands from IRC too.
    Version 0.9.2
    • Fixed small issue with kills not showing up in linking mode and the plugin thinking they're still online.
    • Added customizable messages in messages.yml.
    • Added customizable color conversion.
    • /ircban now works in linking mode.
    Older changelogs:

Show Spoiler

Version 0.9.1
    • Fixed possible IRCd crash when an error occurs while executing a console command from IRC.
    • Added /ircreload command to reload the plugin configuration. - Permission: bukkitircd.reload - Aliases: /ireload
    • /irckick now works in linking mode.
    • Hopefully fixed the "[Ljava.lang.Object; cannot be cast to [Lcom.Jdbye.BukkitIRCd.IRCUser;" error
    Version 0.9a
    • Fixed an issue where if any errors occurred when executing a server command from IRC, it would crash the plugin.
    • Fixed a crashing issue that could occur occasionally.
    Version 0.9
    • Added Dynmap support - Dynmap messages show up on IRC and vice versa.
    • The plugin now detects when Dynmap/Permissions is disabled or enabled.
    Version 0.8c
    • Fixed /part support in linking mode.
    • Fixed nick changes showing up in linking mode even when the user is not on the channel.
    Version 0.8b
    • Fixed /notice support in linking mode.
    Version 0.8a
    • Fixed /ircban error
    • Small bug fix related to mode changes in linking mode.
    Version 0.8
    • InspIRCd server linking support
    • Rewrote a large portion of the plugin
    • Added /rawsend and /irclink commands (permission node bukkitircd.link, /rawsend is console only and disabled by default)
    • Added debug mode (currently only used in inspircd linking mode)
    Version 0.7
    • Implemented /ircreply to reply quickly to the last message you received.
    • Added aliases for every command.
    Version 0.6
    • Implemented WHO, ISON, AWAY IRC commands. That means the plugin should now support every IRC command required by the RFC (apart from join and part, since this plugin is designed for running a single channel)
    • Changed to a better wildcard matching algorithm for bans, that supports the "?" character.
    • You can now ban or unban multiple people in 1 command. Had to implement this to make mass unbanning in the mIRC channel central work properly.
    Version 0.5b
    • Changed the console to be a separate channel instead of private messaging (avoids IRC client beeping and lets you see commands executed by other users)
    Version 0.5a
    • Bugfix with IRC chat showing up in the IRC console.
    • Bugfix with messages showing multiple times in the IRC console.
    Version 0.5
    • Added executing server commands from IRC by messaging Console. The output is shown.
    • People can now send messages to the console by messaging the server name, for example to respond to a /ircmsg sent from the console.
    Version 0.4
    • Added IRC password identification with /oper, for accessing kick, ban and topic change. Ingame users can also be kicked.
    Version 0.3
    • Added Superperms support.
    Version 0.2
    • Initial release.

Spiritwind and flames like this.
  2. Offline

Chrono7

wow, looks really cool :D

3. Offline

Jdbye

New version!
    Changelog:

Version 0.4

• Added IRC password identification with /oper, for accessing kick, ban and topic change. Ingame users can also be kicked.

Download: http://www.tempcraft.net/bukkit/BukkitIRCd.jar

4. Offline

Kaikz

So this creates an IRC server that anyone with a desktop client can connect to, or is just like CraftIRC and creates a bot on another server?

5. Offline

Windwaker

Cool lookin' good :)

6. Offline

Jdbye

It creates an IRC server. (hence the "Standalone IRC server with ingame chat, easily integrated with website using a IRC widget or applet.")
    I wanted this for my own server to have ingame users show as separate nicks. One advantage of that is that people won't be beeped on IRC whenever they chat ingame.

7. Offline

Dec64

Having a little trouble setting this up, im sure its just because im a bit slow. I set up the config, plugin is running, commands work ect. Yet i cant connect to the IRC server, says "can't resolve hostname" . My ip is 94.23.251.27. What should i set the hostname as in the config? Just the ip?

8. Offline

Windwaker

lol

9. Offline

Dec64

Awesome input.

Mercury and WalkerCrouse like this.
  10. Offline

Jdbye

New versions!
    Changelog:
    Version 0.6
    • Implemented WHO, ISON, AWAY IRC commands. That means the plugin should now support every IRC command required by the RFC (apart from join and part, since this plugin is designed for running a single channel)
    • Changed to a better wildcard matching algorithm for bans, that supports the "?" character.
    • You can now ban or unban multiple people in 1 command. Had to implement this to make mass unbanning in the mIRC channel central work properly.
    Version 0.5b
    • Changed the console to be a separate channel instead of private messaging (avoids IRC client beeping and lets you see commands executed by other users)
    Version 0.5a
    • Bugfix with IRC chat showing up in the IRC console.
    • Bugfix with messages showing multiple times in the IRC console.
    Version 0.5
    • Added executing server commands from IRC by messaging Console. The output is shown.
    • People can now send messages to the console by messaging the server name, for example to respond to a /ircmsg sent from the console.

I'm on a roll today. Updates will probably be slowing down now, I've added pretty much everything I had in mind, and will start working on server to server linking.

11. Offline

Dec64

@Jdbye

Such an awesome plugin.

Only thing i would say its missing is, aliases for commands, e.g. if im replying to PM's from in-game to IRC, typing /ircmsg USERNAME every time, gets old real fast.

12. Offline

Kohle

Amazing. Love you<3

13. Offline

STiChad

I'm having trouble connecting to the server via mIRC.
    I have a no-ip.org dns host and when I do sacredcraft.no-ip.org:6667 as the server it just sits there saying connection refused.
    I also tried my actual ip address with the port and no good.
    I'm at a loss on how this works.
    Also tried to integrate it with my site with mibbit and no luck.
    Any help would be appreciated.

14. Offline

Jdbye

I could add a command like /ircreply (alias /ir) for replying to the last message sent. Otherwise you can use CommandHelper to make aliases to reply faster (like /im for /ircmsg)
    I'll add /ircreply (and /ir) soon, should be really simple to add.

Fun fact: I had this plugin working after a few hours the same day I started coding it. However I wanted to implement at least kick/ban support before releasing it since it wouldn't be very useful if people could spam all they wanted without being able to be banned. I released it right after doing so.
    I'm mostly posting this here to get bug reports since it was made for my server so if anyone notices any bugs just post here or on BukkitDev. I test new versions before releasing them but not extensively so there may be bugs. (It's actually not useful for my server yet since I need to add linking support first. However i felt I should implement all the required IRC features before doing so, and they're a lot easier to add than linking support)

I'm actually rather new at Java. I started with small-scale Minecraft modding, but decided a IRCd plugin would be really useful for my server, so I made one. I didn't expect to actually get a working one within a few hours. I guess I'm better at Java than I thought :)

Edit2: Oh, and while this isn't my first plugin, it's my first advanced one and the first one I've publicly released.
    Skyward Sword has been delaying me from adding /ircreply, but I'll be doing that soon :p

15. Offline

Jdbye

New version!
    Changelog:
    Version 0.7
    • Implemented /ircreply to reply quickly to the last message you received.
    • Added aliases for every command.

As always, post any bugs you encounter here or on BukkitDev. If you post it here chances are I'll notice quicker since there is less activity on BukkitDev and so I check it less often.

16. Offline

Dec64

Seems a dumb question, but i cant see to understand have to give a normal IRC user op status.

Is it to do with the oper command?

I tried setting it in the config, and in irc doing /oper name password.

17. Offline

Jdbye

if you /oper with the username and password you set in the config file, it should work. Both username and password are case sensitive.
    Note that it's only for the person who uses it, you can't give someone else op status without telling them the username and password. I may change that later if people request it, however I think giving trusted staff the username and password is fine, and less trusted staff shouldn't have unrestricted console access anyway.

I'm implementing InspIRCd linking support at the moment, and when I release that, you can restrict access to the console channel by any means you want that the IRC server supports, meaning a lot more flexibility. Of course, you'll need to run an IRC server or know someone who does so you can link to their server.

18. Offline

Dec64

Ok well the main issue is, i have a disgruntled user who was banned, who for the past month comes on irc and spams it. He connects via the IRC mibbit client on the website, but if i ban his ip, it bans all access fromt he web client, which is not what i want, so i cant figure out a way to stop him coming on, without taking irc down. Any suggestions @Jdbye ?

19. Offline

Jdbye

Use /ircban, or ban him from a IRC client using the ban feature in the client or /mode +b

20. Offline

Dec64

using the /ircban command bans everyone from connecting via mibbit on my website tho.

21. Offline

Jdbye

New version!
    Changelog:
    Version 0.8
    • InspIRCd server linking support
    • Rewrote a large portion of the plugin
    • Added /rawsend and /irclink commands (permission node bukkitircd.link, /rawsend is console only and disabled by default)
    • Added debug mode (currently only used in inspircd linking mode)

A known issue in this version is that /ircban and /irckick currently do not work in linking mode, so IRC users must be kicked (or banned) from the IRC side. However they still work as expected in standalone mode.

As always, post any bugs you encounter here or on BukkitDev. If you post it here chances are I'll notice quicker since there is less activity on BukkitDev and so I check it less often.

That's because mibbit always uses the same IP to connect. However if you ban by ident instead (/ircban ident <user>) it should ban that user only.

22. Offline

Dec64

@Jdbye

When i try to ban someone with /ircban, console returns this.

IRCBAN works on v0.6 but not on 0.7 or 0.8

23. Offline

Jdbye

Try downloading the newest version, the bug should be fixed now.

24. Offline

DrAgonmoray

NUUU KHOLE!!!

25. Offline

Kohle

The way you spelt my name is the worst you possibly could... Do you have any idea how much I hate that?

26. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I'm sorry D:
    I was focusing on holding down the shift key D:

27. Offline

Kohle

Don't let it happen again. ;)

28. Offline

Jdbye

Small bugfix release, plus Dynmap support.

Changelog:

Version 0.9
    • Added Dynmap support - Dynmap messages show up on IRC and vice versa.
    • The plugin now detects when Dynmap/Permissions is disabled or enabled.
    Version 0.8c
    • Fixed /part support in linking mode.
    • Fixed nick changes showing up in linking mode even when the user is not on the channel
    Version 0.8b
    • Fixed /notice support in linking mode.

29. Offline

subarct1c

I'm getting the following error when trying to link to an InspIRCd 2.x server:

Code:
    21:08:00 [WARNING] [BukkitIRCd] Server link failed: java.io.IOException: Unrecognised or malformed command 'UID' -- possibly loaded mismatched modules
    Any suggestions on how to fix it?

30. Offline

md_5

Skyward Sword has been delaying me from adding /ircreply, but I'll be doing that soon
    Zelda fan too?

Please put the latest rb (1597) in the title.